Conspiracy?

A forum for discussing world news, ideas, concepts and possibly controversial topics including religion and politics. WARNING: may contain strong opinions or strong language. This does not mean anything goes though!
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Lord_BoNes
Jack of all trades

Conspiracy?

Post by Lord_BoNes »

Call me paranoid for thinking like this but I think that Australian government (and probably others too) were actually concerned the Mayans were right. I've noticed that roads are suddenly being fixed... roads that had been left for months or even years in a state of complete disrepair. Petrol prices have seemingly come down. Small things, but lots of them.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is it happening elsewhere too?

1 death is a tragedy,
10,000,000 deaths is a statistic.
- Joseph Stalin

Check out my Return to Chaos dungeon launcher
And my Dungeon Master Clone
terkio
Mon Master

Re: Conspiracy?

Post by terkio »

I am interested about what you've seen in Australia, please give me links.
I think the Mayan calendar end of the world bit was considered no more than just another end of the world that failed to happen.
Some are pretty funny, in one of them some people were to be saved, all others bound to die. Businesses were created to take care of the pets of the future dead people. They did make money, found people to pay a lot for caring their pets.

Here it is http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/05/19/do- ... t-rapture/ ( Google "end of the world pets care" )
Last edited by terkio on Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You can be on the right track and still get hit by a train!" Alfred E. Neuman
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I've not noticed anything that positive in the UK. Far from it. Recession continues to rip the heart out of our country*

* By recession, I mean the coalition** government
** By coalition, I mean Tory.
Lord_BoNes
Jack of all trades

Post by Lord_BoNes »

@Gambit: LOL!

@Terkio: And that's a ROFL! Some people will buy into some crazy s**t! It wasn't that I'd seen anything online, I'd noticed it personally. At a guess I'd say at least a few dozen roads around Ballarat have been fixed up since late December. And I went to Melbourne to visit my mother, and saw much of the same thing. It seems like they were "holding out" on everybody (stockpiling resources... it's what I'd do)

1 death is a tragedy,
- Joseph Stalin

terkio
Mon Master

Post by terkio »

Check with native australians about the end of the world. I am sure, they know better than the mayans. If they did not stockpile ressources, relax, do not worry. :wink:

Watch for "Black rain".
Prophecies handed down from generation to generation of the Australian aboriginal Elders speak of the coming of the end times of one dimension as we enter another. One of the prophecies from the Australian Aboriginals has to do with 'black rain' falling at the end time.

Guboo Ted Thomas, Australian Aboriginal Tribal Elder
I was in dreamtime. I seen this great wave going. I tell people about this wave. It wasn't a tidal wave. This was a spiritual wave. So, to me, I believe that the Dreamtime is going to be that.
I believe the revival is going to start in Australia when we're Dreaming. It's the hummingbee that I'm talking about. And love. We've got to learn to love one another.
You see, that's really what's going to happen to the earth. We're going to have tidal waves. We're going to have earthquakes.
That's coming because we don't consider this land as our Mother. We've taken away the balance, and we're not putting it back.
Bit
Arch Master

Post by Bit »

terkio wrote:Check with native australians about the end of the world. I am sure, they know better than the mayans. If they did not stockpile ressources, relax, do not worry. :wink:
...and if they stockpile ressources, it's maybe just because the white man is making much wood...
Lord_BoNes
Jack of all trades

Post by Lord_BoNes »

Although I was born here. I'm not an Aboriginal. I did however read numerous dreamtime stories in school. But, I never know how much stock to put into prophecies...

1 death is a tragedy,
- Joseph Stalin

MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Post by MasterWuuf »

I never understood why people thought the end of the Mayan calender meant the Mayans thought that would mean the end of the world.
Our calendar ends on the last day of December, every year, with no one suspecting that is meant to be the end of the world.
The Mayan calendar is just a longer calendar.
"Wuuf's big brother"
terkio
Mon Master

Post by terkio »

Mostly bull shit from new age clowns and other crackpots relayed by journalists to fill the news.
it's fun to me to see what they can think of all sorts of non sense.

One I like, is sort of, better than the "flat earth".
Some people think the earth is hollow and we live inside. We do not see it, but they measured a curvature that is the other way.
They measured it with a "Rectilineator", an instrument of their own. http://www.opposingdigits.com/forums/vi ... php?t=3783

Here is a video that confirms this hollow earth theory with mine shafts. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Abu2lN3Jq98
Lord_BoNes
Jack of all trades

Post by Lord_BoNes »

Like you said, crackpots... LOL :P

1 death is a tragedy,
- Joseph Stalin

Seriously Unserious
Master Superior

Post by Seriously Unserious »

terkio wrote:Mostly bull shit from new age clowns and other crackpots relayed by journalists to fill the news.
it's fun to me to see what they can think of all sorts of non sense.

One I like, is sort of, better than the "flat earth".
Some people think the earth is hollow and we live inside. We do not see it, but they measured a curvature that is the other way.
They measured it with a "Rectilineator", an instrument of their own. http://www.opposingdigits.com/forums/vi ... php?t=3783

Here is a video that confirms this hollow earth theory with mine shafts. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Abu2lN3Jq98
:lol: some people will believe anything!

what i've heard about the Mayan calendar is that it is divided into "ages" and basically, dec 2012 was supposed to be the end of one of those ages, and the beginning of a new age. according to the mayans whenever an age comes to an end there will be upheaval and change, so dec 2012 being "the end of the world" is a gross misinterpretation of this. it would be more accurate to say that dec 2012 was "the end of the world as we know it" according to the mayan calendar. of course, such transitions don't really happen literally over night, so it would probably have started a few years/decades ago and continue for a few more years/decades yet before we would know for sure what this new mayan calendar age would bring.

the rest is all just press/crackpots trying to sensationalize this and make another "we're all gonna die, it's hopeless" type of story. imo the separation between press and crackpots is rather blurry -- i've seen too many crackpot stories coming out of the mainstream press to trust anything they say without independent confirmation.
Lord_BoNes
Jack of all trades

Post by Lord_BoNes »

Seriously Unserious wrote:what i've heard about the Mayan calendar is that it is divided into "ages" and basically, dec 2012 was supposed to be the end of one of those ages, and the beginning of a new age. according to the mayans whenever an age comes to an end there will be upheaval and change
Seriously Unserious wrote:so it would probably have started a few years/decades ago and continue for a few more years/decades yet before we would know for sure what this new mayan calendar age would bring.
When I read this, I immediately thought about the fairly sudden catastrophic weather changes happening globally. Stronger earthquakes, bigger tsunamis, more intense lightning storms and even bigger twisters (and we've started getting the odd twister here in Australia... and I mean a real twister, capable of "relocating" your address). The world's gone nuts!
And not to mention that everyone seems more "angry at the world" and alot easier to piss off, or that could just be an Aussie thing :P

1 death is a tragedy,
- Joseph Stalin

beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Lord_BoNes
Jack of all trades

Post by Lord_BoNes »

And yet numerous slides show that the psychic predicted the end, but instead they actually were predicting a "very catastophic event". I actually find that quite interesting, and it almost confirms what was said above:
Seriously Unserious wrote:according to the mayans whenever an age comes to an end there will be upheaval and change
I feel that this is simply a case of the psychics seeing this major disaster, and falsely thinking it was bigger than what they saw. I believe that it's possible to see the future (how many of us have had a dream, and then sometime later they see the exact same thing... most people call it "deja vu"), but I also believe that these "visions" are virtually always out of context. They see things from thier future perspective.

1 death is a tragedy,
- Joseph Stalin

chiefy
Big chief

Post by chiefy »

http://www.popsci.com/technology/articl ... me-machine what about a future predicting machine?

Ali Razeghi, a 27-year-old businessman and scientist in Tehran, has registered "The Aryayek Time Traveling Machine" with Iran's Center for Strategic Inventions.

Razeghi told a state news agency that the machine can "predict five to eight years of the future life of any individual, with 98 percent accuracy." A user touches the machine and receives a printout of his or her future!
from your old mate
c h i e f y
global chiefy to yer old seadog maties
Seriously Unserious
Master Superior

Post by Seriously Unserious »

Lord_BoNes wrote:And yet numerous slides show that the psychic predicted the end, but instead they actually were predicting a "very catastophic event". I actually find that quite interesting, and it almost confirms what was said above:
Seriously Unserious wrote:according to the mayans whenever an age comes to an end there will be upheaval and change
I feel that this is simply a case of the psychics seeing this major disaster, and falsely thinking it was bigger than what they saw. I believe that it's possible to see the future (how many of us have had a dream, and then sometime later they see the exact same thing... most people call it "deja vu"), but I also believe that these "visions" are virtually always out of context. They see things from thier future perspective.
I've had a similar thing happen to me, when I was in grade 7 I kept getting this vision of a car crash at a specific intersection right on my route to school and about 1 month after it first started up, on my way home from school I saw a crash involving a car and a truck, in the exact intersection and both vehicles in the exact same positions as in my premonitions.

A similar sort of thing happened more recently, when I was walking to the bus stop on my way home from college, for some strange reason I just stopped for about 3 seconds at an intersection waiting for a traffic light to change for a street I never intended to cross, with a feeling that I had to wait there, but then realized I didn't need to cross that street so started walking, as I was approaching an intersection between the big 4-lane street I was walking along and a side street this car comes racing around the corner screeching it's tires and obviously speeding about 3 seconds ahead of me, right where I would have been had I not stopped and waited earlier. That 3 second pause literally saved my life, because that car was easily going 70 or 80 kph on a city street and probably would have killed me if it had hit me.