funny email thread

A forum for discussing world news, ideas, concepts and possibly controversial topics including religion and politics. WARNING: may contain strong opinions or strong language. This does not mean anything goes though!
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

funny email thread

Post by cowsmanaut »

I posted this here because there are a few words in it that are "strong language".. but it's so funny I couldn't resist :)

http://thechive.com/2012/05/17/dispute- ... 12-photos/
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: funny email thread

Post by beowuuf »

It is indeed hysterical - thanks for posting :D
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

that was hilarious. Austria wins ! :D
"The only way out is another way in." Try Sukumvit's Labyrinth II
Lord_BoNes
Jack of all trades

Post by Lord_BoNes »

ROFL! Aussie, Aussie, Aussie! Oy, Oy, Oy! Gotta love his comments back at the American :P

1 death is a tragedy,
10,000,000 deaths is a statistic.
- Joseph Stalin

Check out my Return to Chaos dungeon launcher
And my Dungeon Master Clone
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

I guess I'm the only one who didn't find this funny.
To me they were just both being jerks. :P
Lord_BoNes
Jack of all trades

Post by Lord_BoNes »

Although that is true. It's quite often very amusing to watch 2 jerks trying to "out-jerk" each other... very amusing indeed :P

1 death is a tragedy,
10,000,000 deaths is a statistic.
- Joseph Stalin

Check out my Return to Chaos dungeon launcher
And my Dungeon Master Clone
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

This guy is very funny, although he probably is a real a**hole if you met him in real life and had to deal with him.

He has published a lot of his exchanges. Some of my favourites are party invitation (http://www.27bslash6.com/matthewsparty.html), missing missy (http://www.27bslash6.com/missy.html) and Simon's pie charts (http://www.27bslash6.com/p2p2.html).

Funny if you can get past the fact that he is being rather horrible to people.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Oh please, for goodness sake, don't give this guys any more breathing space. He's an asshole, and a bully.
I'm sure none of you would find this amusing if you were on the other end of it.

Here's some alternate views about this "funny guy" from his victims:
http://www.theage.com.au/technology/tec ... 1gdht.html
Seriously Unserious
Master Superior

Post by Seriously Unserious »

I didn't find that email exchange very funny from the start. Now, having read that article gambit found, I find his stuff even less funny. It's just vicious attacks on people who are not in a position to defend themselves at the time of the attacks being disguised as "humor". I find nothing humorous about that sort of behavior.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

I don't really care about his website.. I didn't post his website.. I posted this one email exchange which was based on a situation that MOST people WOULD be upset with. If you've ever experienced a terawatt bulb.. you would understand that it's not a bloody porch light.. Be he real or not.. he's an idiot... and I don't care who you are.. you're going to be angry when you're trying to sleep and your full room is illuminated every time a bloody raccoon crosses in front of it.

That all said, his actions regarding others, posting real names and photos of their faces is certainly not cool, and it's not what I was posting nor supporting. I posted one email exchange which could still be potentially fake. If we gave up on every bit of music, literature, movie or otherwise because the person who created it is an asshole.. I'm certain we'd all be very bored. You may as well all throw away your Iphones right now, because last I heard Steve jobs was a major A-hole. Oh, and alice in wonderland was written by a pedophile.. and the list goes on.. The insane, criminally insane, A-holes, slobs, immoral, and so on are responsible for many of the things you enjoy in life.. doesn't mean you agree with their stance in life if you happen to enjoy one of their creations. Don't support the things you feel hurt others.. to me.. this email thread goes no further than some obscure, potentially fictional person.. who lives somewhere in the united states.. but whom represents all the grief I feel as a home owner.
Seriously Unserious
Master Superior

that's a major accomplishment in itself, to be a homeowner around here, where the average home seems to go for about a million bucks! :shock:
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

meh.. the only thing I've accomplished is lifelong debt.. but at least it's less than my rent was before and it's not going up..
Seriously Unserious
Master Superior

and you at least have the possibility of no mortgage to look forward to, renters only have rent, rent and more rent to look forward to -- and the possibility of getting that notice that says you have to move at any time. Homeowners generally don't get that, as long as they pay their mortgage and property tax at least, but that's something under your control typically.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

rent control my good man.. rent control.. all you need is a downpayment.. Not to mention that you money goes somewhere of benefit to you.. in rent it's gone.. in mortgage it's an asset.. a value you can reclaim upon sale of your home
Seriously Unserious
Master Superior

The problem is affording a home in today's market. The prices are so high that unless you're making a six-figure income you can't even get a bank to look at you for a mortgage, and forget about buying without one, if you had the money to buy without a mortgage, you'd have no problem getting one. I'm guessing you either make a fortune, or you bought before the prices went to insanity.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

neither.. nor does my home cost a million. you just need to do some ACTUAL research into the cost of homes. Most people spout off about all homes being at least a million, but that's not the truth.. sure some are.. but not all homes. Hell, mine isn't even 6 figures.. it's 5.. and we got a mortgage no problem. Our down payment was only 10,000. It's not the most amazing place in the world.. but it's a home, and as I said, rent control with your money at least going towards something rather than vanishing in thin air..
MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Post by MasterWuuf »

cowsmanaut wrote:neither.. nor does my home cost a million. you just need to do some ACTUAL research into the cost of homes. Most people spout off about all homes being at least a million, but that's not the truth.. sure some are.. but not all homes. Hell, mine isn't even 6 figures.. it's 5.. and we got a mortgage no problem. Our down payment was only 10,000. It's not the most amazing place in the world.. but it's a home, and as I said, rent control with your money at least going towards something rather than vanishing in thin air..
Er, what kind of lighting are you using for the outside? 8)
"Wuuf's big brother"
Seriously Unserious
Master Superior

I'm guessing it's not a 10000 watt spotlight strategically aimed right into a neighbor's bedroom window. :P
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

the property tax could be steep on 600,000... not sure how much it would be out your way, it's between 4 to 5 thousand a year in Toronto GTA, probably much higher in the city. i heard there is a possible housing correction, value of homes are to drop 10 to 20%, but this must happen, my children need to be able to afford their own homes, with the new mortgage lending rules it is much tougher to do.
keep your gor coin handy
Seriously Unserious
Master Superior

There's no sign of that happening in the Metro Vancouver area. These inflated prices are being fueled by foreign "investment" in our real estate, who are multimillionaires several times over and can afford to pay just about any price the sellers are willing to ask for. These investors then rent the properties out to the locals who can't even begin to afford to buy and so the people who actually live here become tenants in our own country.

I have nothing against foreigners, but I do have plenty against people who don't even live here driving prices up unreasonably high and turning the people who do live here into tenants in our own city, with governments who are supposed to be sticking up for the rights of Canadians doing nothing about it except making it even easier for this to happen at a faster pace. Our country doesn't need this kind of investment. For that matter, no country needs that kind of investment. That's just harmful to the people that live there. I'm just as strongly opposed to Canadian investors buying up all the real estate in say Orleans, France and pricing the French out of owning their own homes as I am to what is happening now.

The difference is if anyone started doing that to the French, I doubt they'd stand for it, and would toss any government that would out on their derrieres very fast.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

ahhh, but money can't be stopped... i guess they pay no attention to the earthquake zone they're buying in.
keep your gor coin handy
Seriously Unserious
Master Superior

I guess not... :|
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

lot's of earth movement going on, Mexico has been real active, actually all along the west coast of south America to central America. i have read that it is possible to have a chain reaction, they are still studying it. you know the story, if onne thing gets displaced, makes room for somewhere elsse. i have a bad feeling about the west coast of north America, it's just a feeling, i hope i'm wrong. i know that's not funny, i am concerned.
keep your gor coin handy
Seriously Unserious
Master Superior

So am I. but all anyone can do about things like earthquakes is be prepared with the appropriate survival gear and plans. and be ready to pitch in and join the rescue efforts for those less prepared or less fortunate.

Also, where you choose to live has a huge impact as well. Living on good, solid bedrock away from any steep slops gives you the best chances of survival, while living on loose soil, near steep slopes gives you among the worst. When the big one does hit, I pity those who live in places like Richmond (located on the Fraser River delta, ie very loose soil) and British Properties (located on the sides of mountains, ie is bedrock but with very steep slopes). Many parts of Richmond are actually below sea level, with the ocean being held back by dykes. When the big one finally does hit, there's a good chance the west coast will drop up to 2 meters, changing the shoreline significantly in low-laying areas like Richmond and Delta.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

that sucks, yeah, and also the tsunami that might occur, anyone near the shores will be wiped out.
keep your gor coin handy
Seriously Unserious
Master Superior

Not so much in the Lower Mainland area, Vancouver Island will shield us from the bulk of any Tsunamis, but the VI will take the brunt of any Tsunamis, and Alaska, the North Coastal BC and exposed sections of coastal Asia (eg: Japan) will be at risk of any tsunamis generated by it. The last big one to hit the area was in 1700. We know this because of a combination of evidence of a tsunami on the west coast of Vancouver Island, Haida Gwaii oral records, and written records of an "orphan tsunami" in Japan. An orphan tsunami is an tsunami that has no noticed earthquake associated with it, as would be the case if the earthquake was across the ocean from where it occurred.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

i watched a show on that just a couple days ago on sediment left over from these major events. of course they warned about the big one coming, you know, scare tactic shows.
keep your gor coin handy
Seriously Unserious
Master Superior

yup. In reality, the big one is due anytime from right now to a couple hundred years from now. For that matter, Yellowstone is in the Due to erupt anytime from now to a few thousand years from now, and when that one blows up, it'll be a planet-altering experience. In fact, the entire Yellowstone National Park is a giant crater known as a caldera left over from the last time the Yellowstone volcano erupted. When that one goes, it'll make the famous Krakatoa eruption of about 100 years ago look like a party popper.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

yeah, why worry???????????????? you now see where i speak from
keep your gor coin handy
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

I'm a bit more concerned with the issue in Calgary.. considering how much rain we usually get in BC I'm shocked it hasn't happened here. On an up note.. I'm sure none of them are complaining about flood lights at the moment.. when real disaster hits, you see what is important and what is not.. a means of survival for all your family members.. both hairless ape and fuzzy beast alike :)