DRM and you

A forum for discussing world news, ideas, concepts and possibly controversial topics including religion and politics. WARNING: may contain strong opinions or strong language. This does not mean anything goes though!
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Seriously Unserious
Master Superior

Re: DRM and you

Post by Seriously Unserious »

Thanks for adding more ammo to the big developers' "we need excessive DRM" claims, Ebonezergude! :P
ebeneezergude
Expert

Post by ebeneezergude »

Seriously Unserious wrote:Thanks for adding more ammo to the big developers' "we need excessive DRM" claims, Ebonezergude! :P
Sorry! Wasn't trying to support current drm - it is excessive, I think it's out of order - was just reminiscing back to how simple things used to be, and the quaint prevention measures from days gone by.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

i bought that too ebeneezergude. x-copy with a dongle cracker, did not copy all the games though. there was an amiga store that rented the games for a few dollars. i still bought my games, especially if it was an RPG. i still bought 3 amigas instead of an apple, so they benefited one way or another. i also spread the use of an amiga to others and they bought an amiga because i had some games they liked, and they didn't know anything about computers, so it has a good side as well, it's not all bad. i figure i convinced 5 or so to buy an amiga computer, even more with the PC, so being a BBS pirate expanded the use of computer gaming. it actually helped. it was my computer that my spouse fell in love with and i have been told that it was the tipping point to staying together as we stayed home instead of going out drinking and partying, my spouse had never even scene a computer before, but was very fascinated with them. a full fledged gamester. we threw away the cards we played, no more crib either. it wasn't until MTG cards came out before we thought cards were worth playing again, there was mental strategy in the game, it is to me the best game ever invented beyond computers. i have thousands of them, no black lotus because i started a couple years too late during the second edition.
keep your gor coin handy
Seriously Unserious
Master Superior

Post by Seriously Unserious »

ebeneezergude wrote:
Seriously Unserious wrote:Thanks for adding more ammo to the big developers' "we need excessive DRM" claims, Ebonezergude! :P
Sorry! Wasn't trying to support current drm - it is excessive, I think it's out of order - was just reminiscing back to how simple things used to be, and the quaint prevention measures from days gone by.
careful there, I do like to ambush people with my Unserious side at any given time :P