US presidential elections

A forum for discussing world news, ideas, concepts and possibly controversial topics including religion and politics. WARNING: may contain strong opinions or strong language. This does not mean anything goes though!
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Re: US presidential elections

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

I'm not worried about it. This was about the election comment, not about what we think of other people.

All politicians are crooks and none of them are perfect, being human that makes anything in politics partisan. To me, IT is evil, a dictator, selfish, pulled the wool over the good people of America's eyes. One was bad, the other was pure evil. Give the business guy a try, let him do the hard work of exposing the political mess the world is in. I only worry about his ability to handle foreign affairs, he needs a babysitter with that. As for the evil thing, no other name is needed, it is the truth in my eyes. It's 30+ years in politics proves that.
keep your gor coin handy
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

She. Her name is Hilary. Adult female human. Therefore "she". Your opinion of her actions is irrelevant to this fact. There have been plenty of people throughout history who I'm sure have been much worse than her. Like, you know, the guy I was referring to in my last post who attempted genocide and all that. There have been others apart from him, but he's probably the most well-known in the western world. And he was a he. Adult male human. These are not inanimate objects. They are members of our own species. Yes, they are. Deal with it.
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

I get what you're saying, I'll be more clear to what I was trying to say, was referring to spirit, and not stating the obvious material that man is made of. I wonder if anyone thought as to why that reference was used, you can bet I thought about it before it was typed in, but for the sake of everything going on here, it's HRC or Hillary, and it's not a good spirit, most evil.
keep your gor coin handy
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

A more optimistic Sophia wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:51 pm He's definitely going to have to leave behind his previous polarizing rhetoric ("Nasty woman! Lock her up!") and govern more inclusively.
So... yeah... that, uh... didn't happen.

It's now tied for longest US government shutdown. :?
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

It's just nuts, I have to go down there in February with my entire family, I am a little concerned about it. It has really affected Ontario Canada so much so that there is no longer a liberal party, the party I voted for for the past 35 years. I too will not vote liberal because of the mess that has taken place in the U.S. Media has gone off the rails, no longer news but biased hatred and political polarization which is mostly left leaning. I miss the real news. Media has become dangerous, so much fake news and hatred out there and they're riding it, the hate train is all over the place. People have such high opinions but when you ask them what do they know about the person they come up with media and TV hatred, scary to say the least. Here we have 300 million people hating each other when they don't even know the people they are hating, sad, very sad.
keep your gor coin handy
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

Media has become dangerous,
Are you talking about things like the Chicago Tribune or National
Public Radio? Or the internet 'media'? I find the media I use
(mostly NBC, Wisconsin State Journal, and NPR) to be quite
professional. Perhaps it is a case of confirmation bias.
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

Chaos-Shaman wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:28 pmMedia has gone off the rails, no longer news but biased hatred and political polarization which is mostly left leaning.
There's really no polite way to point out that someone is a liar and a criminal, so when the media point out the president's lies and crimes it's probably going to seem pretty nasty and polarizing. Since he's right leaning it's going to seem left leaning, too.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

I have yet to talk to people who have not been affected by this. Been around long enough to see what is going on, it's not good. Using happy, gullible people to push political garbage only hurts others. TV is 95% left leaning, watch CNN all the time. It was CNN that made me aware of tyranny from the global left. What they did is took a lefty like me and turned my direction, and after 35 years you'd wonder, what went wrong. I didn't use right leaning material to see this, I saw the left doing stuff I never want to see again. I do not jump on the hate train that easily like I have seen happen to many family, friends. Only the media can polarize the people it reports to, if you can call it reporting. I do remember the days when there was no left and right and we all were on the same page, not so today. I would say I have read a few thousand hours of articles and peoples's opinions since 2016. When I saw HRC tell the people in Syria to attack a legitimate democratic government in Syria, I knew from that point that what was going on in N Africa and the middle east was wrong. We're talking about governments using their people to push war. Do we all remember the lie about WMD, was a rouse to attack a country to remove a leader. It had nothing to do with the mad man in charge, they wanted control. Now if we look at the past 10 years there is a definite pattern when it comes to N Africa and the middle east. Thanks to my wife who buys me wonderful books on history, that region has always been that way. It was EU and N America that has messed the middle east up. We shouldn't be there helping or killing people in that region. Time to unite on the basis that we have in common.
keep your gor coin handy
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

Chaos-Shaman wrote:...
I agree 100 percent with some of your statements.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

That was posted last May, like what you think, it was a comment and there were no F words. What was said was true to ME and it is holding up to be true. I really think people are just too hateful to see it. I guess I could cut and paste stuff too, but that doesn't do much for this community now does it. Maybe relaxing and reading others opinions is what we all should do. I have to admit I am pissed that my party that was liberal is dead in my province, more than three decades of wasted votes. The media has screwed everything up badly.
keep your gor coin handy