I live in shame...

Discuss anything about the original Dungeon Master on any of the original platforms (Amiga, Atari, etc.).
This forum may contain spoilers.

Moderator: Ameena

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Lunar Celebration
Apprentice

I live in shame...

Post by Lunar Celebration »

Has anyone played Final Fantasy XII?

I'm so sorry, it has very nearly overtaken my love of Dungeon Master. I didn't think it was possible but still - the Bestiary, good grief those Rare Game... it just overtakes Dungeon Master at every turn.

I am shamed, I apologise to myself and everyone else... but it's just SO good... the illustrations and the information you get when you kill a creature...

But of course, Dungeon Master has the added value of nostalgia!

So still, DM rules!!!
It really was something special!
Ha Haaa!!!

Take good care, y'alll!
"There's spiders in the boxes..."
"Stay out of my boxes!"
Sabreman
Craftsman

Post by Sabreman »

It's the honeymoon period. Let's see if you're still playing FFXII in 2027 ;)
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

I'm with Sabreman there. While FF12 is good, it's not in the same league as FF6 or 7 in my opinion, let alone DM. But have fun with it!
Adamo
Italodance spammer

Post by Adamo »

the problem with DM (well, original version of DM) is that it has limited number of resources (monsters (only 26* 4 alt versions), wall/floor decs, items, etc etc) as well as limited flexibility, so we cannot compare it with modern MMORPGs.. :/ If only someone made fully flexible Multiplayer DM on one of the modern engines (Sophia, GG, where are you? ok, only joking.. ;) it`d be a terrible nightmare to make it work)...
But I still love it! :)
Spoiler
(\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/) (\__/)
Spoiler
(@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@) (@.@)
Spoiler
(>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<) (>s<)
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

Adamo wrote:If only someone made fully flexible Multiplayer DM on one of the modern engines
There was some work done on an overhead-view multiplayer DM-ish game, but the project seems to have stalled lately.
Too bad too, the early versions, though rough, were pretty fun.
$eoub!!!
Apprentice

Post by $eoub!!! »

I've played FFXII and I loved it too ! Wonderful game with beautiful graphics and limited scenario.

But, don't forget it only has 6 playable characters (instead of 24 in DM), only 81 magic(k)s (instead of 150 in DM), provide only one end, every weapon or armour become useless when you find one stronger, you can't feed your characters, Gothmog is more charismatic than everyone in FFXII, no pit in FFXII...

:lol:
Past...Pasta ? Pastaga !