New Four-Class Archmaster

Discuss anything about the original Dungeon Master on any of the original platforms (Amiga, Atari, etc.).
This forum may contain spoilers.

Moderator: Ameena

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
MasterWuuf
Arch Master

New Four-Class Archmaster

Post by MasterWuuf »

Others may have already done this, but this is my first Archmaster in all four classes, without firestaff in hand.
"Wuuf's big brother"
zoom
Grand Master

Re: New Four-Class Archmaster

Post by zoom »

which version(s) are you using? The Dex etc stats seem a bit low, but this could be that I always boosted the stats with
items and sometimes potions.. Thanks for showing! definitely interesting to see.
Could you give Wuuf stat increasing items, needn´t be the firestaff since it is senseless, but e.g. moonstone and mace of order or flamebane or jewel symal etc. to max out all the stats. Also a damage shot would be cool from the screamer training room. 400 or something.. ok , just my 2 cents! :)
RAF68
Lo Master

Post by RAF68 »

MASTERWUUF in which dungeon you did succeed has to make that ????
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

Wow MW, you have an Archmaster of all the Arts! How long did that take?!
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Wow, bloody hell, lol - that deserves some gratz, I think ;). And now how dead is your brain from the many many hours that must have taken? ;)
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Now I see why you wanted to post the picture :)
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Congratulations on the effort. I always gave up looooong before that of boredom.
Rasmus
Ee Master

Post by Rasmus »

Very Nice! I have never had the patience to go above the three first master levels :)
MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Post by MasterWuuf »

beowuuf wrote:Now I see why you wanted to post the picture :)
Hee, hee. Archmaster Wuuf and his 'incognito' sidekick. :lol:
Hope you don't mind me taking him along with me, when I begin my attempt on the next game. :wink:
"Wuuf's big brother"
MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Post by MasterWuuf »

MasterWuuf wrote:Image

Others may have already done this, but this is my first Archmaster in all four classes, without firestaff in hand.
By the way, have any of you actually done this before?
I haven't received any definite comments stating that anyone has taken the time to do it. :?:
"Wuuf's big brother"
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Done it with Wizard to see if archmaster did anything, never maxed out everything.
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

MasterWuuf wrote:By the way, have any of you actually done this before?
Nope. I've never had the time and nerves for it.
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

If you could have taken the csb champions into DM2, I would probably be close. There just was not enough dungeon material(levels) to build the skills up.
I remember letting the AMIGA on for almost 2 days in a row with autofire on, to make one fighter level. Once someone starved to death.
The screamer damage was negligible. THe health regenration would be more than the damage..
It is really crazy to go that far :D
Again, I would like to see a fully equipped Archmaster everything!

Beginning stats of Wuuf, taken from ency(ressurrected, not like you did probably..)
Health 40-->999
Stamina 50-->732
Mana 30-->403

Strength 33-->62
Dexterity 57-->82
Wisdom 45-->70
Vitality 40-->57
Anti-Magic 35-->64
Anti-Fire 40-->54

8,57446809 Mon-Fireballs: (47Mana)
6,5 Mon-Lightningballs: (62Mana)
25,1875 Mon-Vipotions:(16Mana)
11,8529412 Mon-Poisonclouds(34Mana)

Maybe you could even cast more, because regenration kicks in!!
MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Post by MasterWuuf »

MasterWuuf wrote:
MasterWuuf wrote:Image

By the way, have any of you actually done this before?
I haven't received any definite comments stating that anyone has taken the time to do it. :?:
P.S. Having MasterWuuf maxed out helped when starting the next game. :wink:
At the least, the extra mana was a benefit.
"Wuuf's big brother"
Vytel
Neophyte

Post by Vytel »

Hello everybody!
I'm shiny new to this forum (at least regarding registration... because I've been lurking these pages for quite some time), I live in Italy (not many italians 'round here, uh?) and I've been playing the DM series on my Amiga over and over. I always gave up training character over the UM or ON master level, the screamer room is too slow, but the resources found here and on dmweb showed me the way, so I have finally reached the Archmaster status in all the arts with one character:

I did this in around ten days, but if you consider that a couple went away clearing all the levels, I can say that the training took one week.
Right now I'm training the second character (it'll be Hissssa), if someone is interested I'll post the result.
I'm playing Dungeon Master Amiga V3.6 (I updated the portrait from Chaos, represents in a better way the power level attained 8) )

See you soon guys!

Valerio
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Welcome to the forum :D. Wow, I can never be arsed with training - you must have plenty of spare time to have maxed a character like that! Rat room is better than Screamer room for training though, as it's lower down in the dungeon so you get more exp.
Now try and take your maxed character through CSB or something :D.
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Welcome to the forums! Only a week? Thought it would take much longer.
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Vytel
Neophyte

Post by Vytel »

Rat room is better, but not best. Yet I think that is the best place for replenish your food supply :)
Apart from "dungeon deepness" the rat room lacks the key element, that is to say, an immortal enemy which will attack you over and over thus doubling the experience you collect for every action.
In my opinion, the ideal place for training is located on level 13 (Lord Chaos Level) and can be accessed from the room with the rotating pits near the end of the level above. Here you'll find a small room with a teleporter and a black flame... that's it! Here's the best sparring partner of the game.
Do it whatever you want and it won't die (it respawns if killed with a vorpal), if you take a step back it won't give chase (guess why? :wink: ) and you can rest undisturbed because nobody will ever bother you down there.
When you're running out of food just step into the teleporter, you'll be transported to the rotating pit room just a few steps from the staircase which will bring you to our beloved pantry (3 levels above, staircase lands very near the rat room).
Just stand in front of tha flame (facing towards it, it's important) and do whatever you want, just remember to renew the MON FUL BRO NETA when it fades cause the flame CAN fry you in minutes. Personally, I use 'jab' for fighter levels, 'punch' for ninja levels, 'disrupt' (vorpal) until ON master for wizard then FUL IR. Priest levels are a bit tricky, because in the beginning you can 'warcry' fairly well but the more levels you gain the higher probability that the flame will be 'scared' and stop attacking. At that point I start casting FUL BRO NETA.
Just to give an idea, jabbing the flame with the rapier allowed me to pass from EXPERT to LO MASTER in under 6 minutes. Just multiply to know how much it'll take to ARCHMASTER :wink:
Well, hope that this will help some other training maniac as me :D
Have a nice evening!

Valerio
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Welcome to the forums, Vytel! :D

Wow, well done with the training! I've never had the patience to train so much - 999 health and stamina looks pretty impressive!
Vytel wrote:I live in Italy (not many italians 'round here, uh?)
I think Adamski, the Awesomely Magnificent Dungeon Designer, is Italian too?
Ameena wrote:Now try and take your maxed character through CSB
Yeah! Do it! Do it! Take you characters to CSB! :)
Vytel wrote:In my opinion, the ideal place for training is located on level 13 (Lord Chaos Level) and can be accessed from the room with the rotating pits near the end of the level above. Here you'll find a small room with a teleporter and a black flame... that's it! Here's the best sparring partner of the game.
Interesting. I've never thought of using this place to train my characters. I'll have to try it once.
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

Welcome! I never thought about that location for training, funny how there still are things to learn about DM 20 years after starting! Before I came onto the forum's I used to just sit around in the screamer room. I think ON Master is the highest level I got (in wizard) from that method, but normally I got bored at about LO Master.

Good luck in CSB. Sometime I must ask someone to send me a save with Archmaster characters, just so I can wander around CSB in relative peace, and laugh at the dragons as they try to attack me.
Sphenx
On Master

Post by Sphenx »

I may be out of thread because I never reached archmaster (or it never been an objective) but I woke up my old Amiga CSB team just for you to have intermediate stats ;-) here they are!

Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

Where is the Crossbow? I don't see the Crossbow.
Bit
Arch Master

Post by Bit »

Master Wizards don't bow anymore ;)
One thing confuses me: Just one of the girls got a second pair of shoes.
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

Bit wrote:Master Wizards don't bow anymore
Very true! :)

The characters there from CSB...I guess you trained them mainly in DM?

Does anyone train in CSB? (apart from the prison). The only place I can think of is the first room with the regenerating worms, although IIRC there is no easily accessible water supply. I never heard anyone discuss it, and thought perhaps the dungeon was designed to avoid that.
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Usually I don't train in CSB and I don't think CSB was made for training (due to it's non-linear nature etc.). Sometimes I train in the worm-regenerating areas on the lowest level, mostly in that one with the sling lying in the corner (it's on ROS I think) - but the danger of letting one worm alive and consequent worm-flood is very high (it happened to me a few times and it really is an OMG moment to comer back later and see every one square of the area filled with worms).

Well, we're getting off-topic, but meh! :wink:
Sphenx
On Master

Post by Sphenx »

Paul Stevens wrote:Where is the Crossbow? I don't see the Crossbow.
Are you gaining skills faster with the crossbow ? I usually use directly arrows or darts with stab and slash which are fast attacks.

oh_brother wrote:The characters there from CSB...I guess you trained them mainly in DM?
Oh no! I would be bored this way ... I just play CSB, wandering around : you always encounter creatures and XP level factors are higher than in DM, so ... you should gain experience faster in CSB than in DM.
The another point is ... when you have finished CSB, you can still start a "new adventure" with the same team, having them all more stronger than in their previous adventure. That's just what I did.
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Sphenx wrote:The another point is ... when you have finished CSB, you can still start a "new adventure" with the same team, having them all more stronger than in their previous adventure. That's just what I did.
Wow! The idea of such a perpetuum mobile has never occurred to me! :shock:
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

Me either. And if I say that I might use that technique to get highly skilled champions - possibly archmasters - then I can bring it right back on topic after slightly derailing it a few posts ago!
MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Post by MasterWuuf »

Just checked in and noticed the replies.
Loved the 'all four champions' picture.

My greatest disappointment when I did it...the fact that the firestaff didn't raise the archmasters to 'even higher' levels.
Oh well. Maxed is maxed, at least in DM.
"Wuuf's big brother"
Vytel
Neophyte

Post by Vytel »

Hello and happy new year to everybody :D
It's been quite a while since my last post, here I am with the results of Hissssa's training:

I'm a bit late on my schedule but I've already begun working on Wuuf, who'll be my red one.
See ya!

Vytel