How to cast "shield" spell in dm1?

Discuss anything about the original Dungeon Master on any of the original platforms (Amiga, Atari, etc.).
This forum may contain spoilers.

Moderator: Ameena

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
1ya1ya
Neophyte

How to cast "shield" spell in dm1?

Post by 1ya1ya »

How to cast "shield" spell in dm 3.4 pc version? not the "magic shield" spell,also not to use wand.

By the way does dm1 has "monster confuse" spell?
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Re: How to cast "shield" spell in dm1?

Post by Ameena »

The only Shield spells I can see after a look at the Encyclopaedia (I've never bothered with protective spells - the quicker they die, the less chance they get to hit you :twisted:) are Shield (Ya Ir), Fireshield (Ful Bro Neta), and Shield Potion, aka Ya Potion (Ya Bro). There is no "Confuse" spell, though I think one or two items may have that effect (possibly the Teowand or Staff of Claws or something), but I'm not sure if they do. I just seem to remember seeing the "Confuse" attack on at least one item.

Post by 1ya1ya »

(Ya Ir) is magic shield (party) not shield
By using wand i can cast "shield" spell, but how to spell it without wand?
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

I don't think you can - I listed every spell from the Encyclopaedia which has "Shield" in its name - if none of those are the same as the one cast by wands then I don't expect you can cast it manually, just as you can't cast a spell to create Ful bombs.