New DM looking for advice.

Discuss anything about the original Dungeon Master on any of the original platforms (Amiga, Atari, etc.).
This forum may contain spoilers.

Moderator: Ameena

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
planeflake
Neophyte

New DM looking for advice.

Post by planeflake »

I have only been DMing for just over a month. Playing 5th ed. One of characters in the group which is currently at level 4 plays a necro wizard and wants to summon a demon spectator as a pet. I wasnt sure how to handle these things. Any tips would be appreciated.
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Re: New DM looking for advice.

Post by Sophia »

This forum is for a computer game called "Dungeon Master," not for tabletop DMs. :)

You might want to try http://www.thecbg.org/
I'm a member there and they're quite helpful and full of good ideas when it comes to running campaigns and creating worlds.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

That said, some of us play DnD too ;). Welcome to the forum, if you want to stick around and chat. I mainly play 4th Edition though - haven't tried 5th so far.

Post by slickrcbd »

planeflake wrote:I have only been DMing for just over a month. Playing 5th ed. One of characters in the group which is currently at level 4 plays a necro wizard and wants to summon a demon spectator as a pet. I wasnt sure how to handle these things. Any tips would be appreciated.
Depends on the demon. If it is at the low end of the totem pole, then I don't see too much of an issue. There were some really weak demons out there.
My AD&D group broke up 20 years ago so not only is my memory fuzzy, but my information is outdated as I know 2nd edition, and only really recall what pertained to the Forgotten Realms, but from perusing the Forgotten Realms wiki, a Quasit or Dretch wouldn't be too much of an issue.
Find what the weakest demons are and let him have it.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

The question you're replying to is nearly a year old now, and the original poster only has one post to their name. So I'm not sure they'll see your reply ;).

Post by slickrcbd »

I misread the date. Sorry.