Help Dungeon master unexplicable death/mort inexplicable

Discuss anything about the original Dungeon Master on any of the original platforms (Amiga, Atari, etc.).
This forum may contain spoilers.

Moderator: Ameena

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Blumindigo
Neophyte

Help Dungeon master unexplicable death/mort inexplicable

Post by Blumindigo »

Hi everybody, bonjour à tous,
I start again playing Dungeon master for some nostalgia but I have a problem after à while all my champions die I dont know why, I restart few times because I thinked doing something wrong it happens in the 2nd lvl (if champion's hall is lvl 1) I try to find help on internet nobody talk about that but I watched à youtube vidéo where it happens exactly the same thing to this man who also didn't know what happened it is the following youtube link you have not to watch all the vidéo just go on the 57th minutes and you will see what happened to me

https://youtu.be/NC_Ns6IsVNY

Thanks for your answers

Je me suis remis à jouer à Dungeon Master pour un peu de nostalgie mais je rencontre un problème c'est que sans prévenir tout mes champions meurent je me suis d'abord dis que que j'avais raté un détail du coup j'ai recommencé à nouveau et ça m'arrive pendant le 2ème niveau (si on compte le hall des champions comme niveau 1) j'ai cherché un peu et personne n'en parle mais après avoir regardé une vidéo sur YouTube il arrive à cette personne exactement la même chose mais il ne sait apparemment pas non plus ce qu'il c'est passé.
Ci-dessous le lien de la vidéo pas besoin de la regarder en entière allez directement à la 57eme minutes et vous verrez exactement mon problème

https://youtu.be/NC_Ns6IsVNY

Merci d'avance pour vos réponses m.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: Help Dungeon master unexplicable death/mort inexplicable

Post by Gambit37 »

Hello and welcome!

The inexplicable death is part of the copy protection... it happens if you are using a pirated/cracked version of the game.
Blumindigo
Neophyte

Post by Blumindigo »

Thanks for reply
I play on emulateur do you think than it will happen to every rom I will download ?
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

Which version are you playing?
I had no problems with either DM or CSB when playing the Amiga versions with WinUAE.

It might be simpler to just use a clone like CSBwin, DSB, etc...
“Grynix Ernum Quey Ki Skebow Rednim U Os Dey Wefna Enocarn Aquantana” - Anon
Blumindigo
Neophyte

Post by Blumindigo »

I actualy download an other rom and it look like it work well thank you very much for your help
terkio
Mon Master

Post by terkio »

Comme il a été dit ça arrive avec une version pirate.
Sur Atari ST j'ai eu cette mort subite. C'était vers la première rencontre avec des momies.

As said it happens with à pirate version.
On Atari ST it occurs around thé first encounter with mummies.
"You can be on the right track and still get hit by a train!" Alfred E. Neuman
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

I must admit that I didn't even know this protection existed. You learn something every day!
“Grynix Ernum Quey Ki Skebow Rednim U Os Dey Wefna Enocarn Aquantana” - Anon
terkio
Mon Master

Post by terkio »

DM had several protections. It took some time for hackers to crack them one after the other. One of the protections was a track that cannot be copied exactly as the original by a normal disquette drive. I think there is a description in the DM encyclopedia. So at that time there were various pirate versions more or less fully cracked. I had the one were your champions, suddenly all get killed. This occurs near the first encounter with mumies. This was enough to see that game was great so I bought the official version.
"You can be on the right track and still get hit by a train!" Alfred E. Neuman