Four Character Archmaster Party

Discuss anything about the original Dungeon Master on any of the original platforms (Amiga, Atari, etc.).
This forum may contain spoilers.

Moderator: Ameena

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Royou
Apprentice

Four Character Archmaster Party

Post by Royou »

Played Dungeon Master when it first came out, played a few times since over the years, but recently downloaded on my Tablet, and went straight into training mode to get them levelled up, not take that long really, seemed to be faster than on the PC. Here are a few pic's of my Party, on level 2 and ready to rock and roll :)

"The Virtues guide us when the path is dark, Sacrifice most of all, sometimes Sacrifice is the Greatest Weapon we have!

That is a Cruel Truth"
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: Four Character Archmaster Party

Post by Gambit37 »

Interesting. What version of the game is this? DM has never received an official tablet release as far as I'm aware.
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Archmasters, 1,000 health and stamina and 400 mana on level 2? What on Earth is going on here? :) And what do you mean with "training mode"?

This is the first time I've seen this version of DM, interesting. What is the shopping cart icon for? :roll:

Anyway, welcome to the forums and enjoy your stay! :P

PS By a pure coincidence, I've decided to reply DM and CSB again today. Started in CSBWin with reincarnated Sonya only and got to the Choose your door level now. I'm approximately 150 levels now from reaching your statistics. :wink:
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

Obviously a very different game than the Dungeon Master we know.
Royou
Apprentice

Post by Royou »

Thank you for the Welcome Jan :)

Training mode for me, is just grinding through the skills, as with Ninja I find an area that will allow me to follow a square route around the room, then just throw anything and everything that I have and just repeat repeat and repeat, just do this till I get to the level I wish to get to. With Fighter I find a wooden door that is none breakable and just chop chop and chop to raise levels, I then go for priest then reason I go for level 2/3 is that by then I have flasks, I go for a Ya "Stamina" poition, as it cost the least to cast, and just increase the power as I go up in levels, I do this with the Chars that have mana, till they get to a level that they can cast a Zo Bro Ra "Mana" potion, with I they feed to the none mana character, and cast the Stamina potion spell till they gain a priest spell, I repeat this till the get to 3rd or 4th level in Priest, then switch back to just casting Stamina on all Characters, doing Priest before Wizard means that I now have 4 characters that have mana abilities so raising their wizard skill levels is going to be easier.

Looking at my map I see that it is level 3 not 2 sorry, level 3 is the floor with the screamer room, which you need to get food, it's the room with the floor switch that make a screamer/s appear in the room, by now you will have a few chests, so I hit the switch create my screamer, go in kill it then take the food, I do this till I have filled all chests and all characters with all that they can carry, I then go to my nearest water fountain, and go into training mode, I find that when doing Fighter you can train your Priest, when you have used your mana up start chopping on the door, while you are doing this your mana will be raising, when it is back to max train priest levels and just repeat, I find it a faster way, instead of just sleeping to raise mana, with the Wizard skills, they are only sleep mode trainable, so it will be a few treks back to the screamer room to get that done.
"The Virtues guide us when the path is dark, Sacrifice most of all, sometimes Sacrifice is the Greatest Weapon we have!

That is a Cruel Truth"
Royou
Apprentice

Post by Royou »

Jan wrote:Archmasters, 1,000 health and stamina and 400 mana on level 2? What on Earth is going on here? :) And what do you mean with "training mode"?

This is the first time I've seen this version of DM, interesting. What is the shopping cart icon for? :roll:

Anyway, welcome to the forums and enjoy your stay! :P

PS By a pure coincidence, I've decided to reply DM and CSB again today. Started in CSBWin with reincarnated Sonya only and got to the Choose your door level now. I'm approximately 150 levels now from reaching your statistics. :wink:
Oh forgot the shopping cart thingy does not work, though it may have been used to buy cheats or bonuses.

That is a Cruel Truth"
Royou
Apprentice

Post by Royou »

Gambit37 wrote:Interesting. What version of the game is this? DM has never received an official tablet release as far as I'm aware.
Hi Gambit it is version 5.1 and the developer is SUPE, LLC I downloaded it from the Apple app store.

That is a Cruel Truth"
Royou
Apprentice

Post by Royou »

Paul Stevens wrote:Obviously a very different game than the Dungeon Master we know.
It looks a feels the same to me!

That is a Cruel Truth"
Royou
Apprentice

Post by Royou »

Gambit37 wrote:Interesting. What version of the game is this? DM has never received an official tablet release as far as I'm aware.
Here is a Pic of it n the App store.

That is a Cruel Truth"
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Umm...shouldn't there be some kind of copyright issues with this version?
Apprentice

Post by Royou »

Ameena wrote:Umm...shouldn't there be some kind of copyright issues with this version?
I doubt that they would have been able to get it up in the Apple App store if they'd not done so, but that being said, they may not have rights to do so, but the length of time it has been upon the store suggests that they do. Just wondering what they length of time is before I program becomes shareware? and copyright free, am sure that this used to be the case, but as laws charge and new law are brought in all the time.

That is a Cruel Truth"
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

Oh, this again.
Royou wrote:I doubt that they would have been able to get it up in the Apple App store if they'd not done so
Apple's vetting process is often quite lazy and crappy, so don't put any faith in that. As far as I know, this program is not and has not ever been officially approved by the original team behind Dungeon Master.

I'm amused that the shopping cart doesn't work. This is obviously a rather incompetent port, and they were apparently so incompetent they even failed at their attempts to monetize it.
Royou
Apprentice

Post by Royou »

Sophia wrote:Oh, this again.
Royou wrote:I doubt that they would have been able to get it up in the Apple App store if they'd not done so
Apple's vetting process is often quite lazy and crappy, so don't put any faith in that. As far as I know, this program is not and has not ever been officially approved by the original team behind Dungeon Master.

I'm amused that the shopping cart doesn't work. This is obviously a rather incompetent port, and they were apparently so incompetent they even failed at their attempts to monetize it.
I will have to take your word for it, as I have no way of checking to see if it is or has been approved.

That is a Cruel Truth"
Royou
Apprentice

Post by Royou »

Have done the same with all the times I have played DM to max out my chars, did not know of this site the other times and never taken photo's of it, just thought I'd share it!

That is a Cruel Truth"
Royou
Apprentice

Post by Royou »

I thought it so cool to be able to have DM on the go, it is a crazy thing to be able to play a game on the go that you could only ever place on an Amiga or PC, for me in the day it was a big thing and I thought that the game was massive, technology has come on so much that 25.6MB is sooooo small lol

That is a Cruel Truth"
Royou
Apprentice

Post by Royou »

I have read the other thread about this version/Stolen version and I apologise if I have caused offence to any members "Bows head" forgive me :(

That is a Cruel Truth"
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

play a game on the go that you could only ever place on an Amiga or PC
You may have overlooked Atari, PocketPC, Raspberry Pi, any old Linux machine,
and perhaps others.

The quiver looks different to me. Wasn't it limited to four items in Dungeon Master?
Erik Bauer
Adept

Post by Erik Bauer »

Paul Stevens wrote:
and perhaps others.

The quiver looks different to me. Wasn't it limited to four items in Dungeon Master?
Indeed... the quivier is 4 items only, in every DM game I've ever seen.
I do not want to mis-credit anybody, but one could tell those pictures are hoaxes, by the feeling I get from them.
Of course it is not, as a quick google search reveals, the game is real :D But the feeling I get does not change, it seems a bit "Off", can't rationalize why, tho.

Glad that this old and everlasting gem is still getting attention, btw.
Don't let a closed door stop you
Royou
Apprentice

Post by Royou »

Paul Stevens wrote:
and perhaps others.

I was talking as in DM

That is a Cruel Truth"
Royou
Apprentice

Post by Royou »

Erik Bauer wrote:
Paul Stevens wrote:
and perhaps others.

Indeed... the quivier is 4 items only, in every DM game I've ever seen.
I do not want to mis-credit anybody, but one could tell those pictures are hoaxes, by the feeling I get from them.
Of course it is not, as a quick google search reveals, the game is real :D But the feeling I get does not change, it seems a bit "Off", can't rationalize why, tho.

Glad that this old and everlasting gem is still getting attention, btw.
Hmmm Fake LOOOOOL that made me Laugh, and the quiver has always been 6 in all version of DM that I have played, never ever have I know it to be 4!!!

That is a Cruel Truth"
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

No, it was definitely four slots in the original version. But there are plenty of other things in the previous screenshots that are wrong, though - the textures, the font, whatever all that stuff is above the directional arrows, the fact they misspelt "Makan" in Hissssa's name, the two slots below the charcter portraits showing their hand-held equipment...

This is what the DM inventory should look like...

CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

the quiver has always been 6 in all version of DM that I have played
That statement says a lot.
Royou
Apprentice

Post by Royou »

Paul Stevens wrote:
the quiver has always been 6 in all version of DM that I have played
That statement says a lot.
But not as much as your Paul, I still have all my original authentic copies of DM and CSB on many formats, and I will go through the user manuals to see which one have 4 quiver slots and which don't, but I have found your comments nothing but insulting and condescendingly arrogant, which says everything I need and wish to know about you!!!

That is a Cruel Truth"
Royou
Apprentice

Post by Royou »

Ameena wrote:No, it was definitely four slots in the original version. But there are plenty of other things in the previous screenshots that are wrong, though - the textures, the font, whatever all that stuff is above the directional arrows, the fact they misspelt "Makan" in Hissssa's name, the two slots below the charcter portraits showing their hand-held equipment...

Thank you Ameena. I could have sworn that I played a version with 6, going to climb into my attic and hunt for the boxes and manual's of all the version I have.

That is a Cruel Truth"
Royou
Apprentice

Post by Royou »

Ameena wrote:No, it was definitely four slots in the original version. But there are plenty of other things in the previous screenshots that are wrong, though - the textures, the font, whatever all that stuff is above the directional arrows, the fact they misspelt "Makan" in Hissssa's name, the two slots below the charcter portraits showing their hand-held equipment...

Wow just dug through all my many boxes of games and have to say that....................... it was only ever 4 slots, I could have sworn it was more though, age and time can do many a strange thing to a persons mind lol

That is a Cruel Truth"
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

which says everything I need and wish to know about you
You're welcome. I'm glad I could make things clear for you.
Royou
Apprentice

Post by Royou »

Paul Stevens wrote:
which says everything I need and wish to know about you
You're welcome. I'm glad I could make things clear for you.
Wow is there a block/ignore option anywhere?

That is a Cruel Truth"
Royou
Apprentice

Post by Royou »

Well that's about right " You cannot add administrators and moderators to your foes list." so you can say what you want uncontrolled or hindered, really does say a lot about you and this forum :(

That is a Cruel Truth"
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

OK, there is no reason to get upset.

Royou, you posted pictures from an illegal version of DM that has been created without the permission of the copyright holders.

Since this forum is about the original games, and has many fans who have spent a lot of time with it, you can assume people will be passionate when it comes to calling out bad versions of the game and those who bought it. While I don't share the views that others already posted, they have a right to share them.

Finally, you are factually incorrect that the original game has a six slot quiver. It doesn't. It has four slots. End of discussion.
Royou
Apprentice

Post by Royou »

Gambit37 wrote:OK, there is no reason to get upset.

Royou, you posted pictures from an illegal version of DM that has been created without the permission of the copyright holders.

Since this forum is about the original games, and has many fans who have spent a lot of time with it, you can assume people will be passionate when it comes to calling out bad versions of the game and those who bought it. While I don't share the views that others already posted, they have a right to share them.

Finally, you are factually incorrect that the original game has a six slot quiver. It doesn't. It has four slots. End of discussion.
I can understand others being upset, as I am also, I thought I was purchasing a legitimate version of the game.

I will point out that I have purchased the original on many formats, not copies fakes, rip-offs, which I get the distinct feeling that many are implying that I have never done so, that is what I am getting annoyed with, there are ways to commune annoyance to others other than attempting to talk down to them and trying to belittle them. You can not blame a person for taking offence when this is done to them.

As to the Quiver, yes I found that out earlier and posted that I was in error on that.

I am also a fan and remember is with fond memories!

That is a Cruel Truth"