30th anniversary!

Discuss anything about the original Dungeon Master on any of the original platforms (Amiga, Atari, etc.).
This forum may contain spoilers.

Moderator: Ameena

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

30th anniversary!

Post by Ameena »

Just thought I'd mention in case people have forgotten/didn't know, but this year is DM's 30th birthday! The game originally came out in 1987, I think some time shortly before Christmas (someone correct me if that's wrong). I just thought it was worth mentioning, considering we had a thread and a sort of celebration and stuff for the 25th anniversary (some of us even had a meet-up in London!).

Happy 30th, DM, and many more years to come :D.
Encyclopedist

Re: 30th anniversary!

Post by ChristopheF »

Happy birthday DM !
slickrcbd
Adept

Post by slickrcbd »

I'm starting to feel old. I did not hear of it until the fall of 1989 and did not get it playable for myself at home until February of 1990. I'm not sure that the Apple IIGS version is that old, I think it was released in 1988 or '89 and I would not have looked at any other systems until 1991. Well, except for the store demos back when they used to have them.

I once saw one of the store employees playing Dungeon Master in Software, Etc just outside Carson's (Carson Pirie Scott) at Randhurst Mall (shut down about 5 years ago, said to have been THE first indoor shopping mall). I think it was the Amiga version.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Happy Birthday DM!!! I first played it on the Amiga, was already released on Atari I believe. Feeling old
keep your gor coin handy
boyflea
Expert

Post by boyflea »

Happy Birthday to Dungeon Master... :)
Got this on the Atari ST (aka, the 'proper' version :wink: ) on launch: it was out before Christmas 1987... man, the albums I was listening too when I first played this... they did not all stand the test of time, and yet Dungeon Master did. Happy birthday - and thanks to you all for keeping the memories going.
The stonework walls? Pristine. The floor? Level. The waterworks? Flowing. Central heating? The Dragon in the basement was grumpily heating the pipes. Lord Chaos consulted the blueprints again, looking for the bathroom. #playmygame!