Dungeon Master in High Definition

Discuss anything about the original Dungeon Master on any of the original platforms (Amiga, Atari, etc.).
This forum may contain spoilers.

Moderator: Ameena

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Mike51
Novice

Dungeon Master in High Definition

Post by Mike51 »

For anybody who wants to play DM on an Atari ST or Amiga hooked up to an HD monitor, I've bought an OSSC (Open Source Scan Converter).

I've just been comparing the CSBWin video on a laptop to the STe video on a flat screen display, both at 4x magnification. The level of detail appears to be identical. However orange haired Sonja with grey eyes on the former becomes Red Sonja with green eyes on the latter.

For all I know the CSBWin video may look equally impressive if output in digital format from a laptop or desktop to a flat screen - or perhaps on a more modern laptop.

The purple worms look amazing - as does Play Station 2 video (TimeSplitters 2) output in RGB format.
Mike51
Novice

Re: Dungeon Master in High Definition

Post by Mike51 »

Fwiw as of today they are taking orders for a final batch this year. UK price is £182 including power supply and remote (both optional). If anybody here is tempted I'm only too happy to answer questions concerning its use with the Atari ST or PS2. Otherwise there's a forum on the site that seems to include questions on all of the popular consoles.

https://www.videogameperfection.com/pro ... converter/