Quite Stuck

Discuss Chaos Strikes Back, the "expansion pack" for Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Seriously Unserious
Master Superior

Re: Quite Stuck

Post by Seriously Unserious »

those guys may be a bit slower, but not by much...
MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Post by MasterWuuf »

Ameena wrote:One minor point - they're not the slowest creature in the game. That's Stone Giants ;).
Slower, at times, but I'd rather have a rock 'squawk and bite' situation, than a stone giant 'stone club of death' situation.

I guess there aren't any stone giants in the DDD area anyway. They should have added a ' constantly regenerating giggler' situation to the DDD area.
Now THAT would have made the place a challenge. :lol:
"Wuuf's big brother"
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

So you've not been to the DDD entrance for Ku yet, then? ;)
Master Superior

MasterWuuf wrote:
Ameena wrote:One minor point - they're not the slowest creature in the game. That's Stone Giants ;).
Slower, at times, but I'd rather have a rock 'squawk and bite' situation, than a stone giant 'stone club of death' situation.
So would I, even with the poison situation that often happens after the rock 'squawk and bite' situation, it's still preferable to the golem's 'stone club of death' situation and the bone piles and broken bones that often accompany it.
I guess there aren't any stone giants in the DDD area anyway. They should have added a ' constantly regenerating giggler' situation to the DDD area.
especially the RTC version of gigglers, those things steal items from both hands, I'm not sure about any other versions, but in the original Amiga version, the gigglers only stole from the left hand, so at least your weapons were safe.

Actually, one of the worst monster combinations for creating a challenging situation was in one of the custom dungeons where there were thicket thieves and imps in the same area. the imps cast darkness, are immune to all thrown items and spells, while the thicket thieves steal like a giggler, from both hands to you lose your good weapons, which are the only way of killing the imps, and they also have an attack that does damage, and both regenerate rather fast to the area remains pretty heavily infested with both monsters continuously.

But as for the DDD, if you really wanted to make it challenging, add, all regenerating, gigglers, and death knights to what's already there. :twisted:
MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Post by MasterWuuf »

Ameena wrote:So you've not been to the DDD entrance for Ku yet, then? ;)
I must have lost the chain of thought somewhere.
I thought the discussion was about the pressure plate that closes the pit, which is two squares away.

Yeah, I've been there. Wish I would have simply saved my corbums. I can't remember how many I've already thrown in the alcove. :|

P.S. Death Knights? You really want to have a 'real time' nightmare. Might as well throw in Chaos and his wife, as well? :twisted:
"Wuuf's big brother"
Monoven
Novice

Post by Monoven »

Seriously Unserious wrote:
especially the RTC version of gigglers, those things steal items from both hands, I'm not sure about any other versions, but in the original Amiga version, the gigglers only stole from the left hand, so at least your weapons were safe.
Gigglers have been stealing from both hands since at least Amiga 3.6
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

CSBwin is based on the old Atari version, so it too only has Gigglers stealing for mthe left hand.

Until you play Conflux, then all bets are off.
Seriously Unserious
Master Superior

Monoven wrote:Gigglers have been stealing from both hands since at least Amiga 3.6
Then I'm glad my version was from before that then. I can't imagine what that big open level with the ghosts and gigglers in DM would have been like with my weapons being stolen, along with whatever I had in my characters' left hands as well.
MasterWuuf wrote:P.S. Death Knights? You really want to have a 'real time' nightmare. Might as well throw in Chaos and his wife, as well? :twisted:
Sure, why not? :twisted: and while we're at it, how about some zytaz, dragons, and coutles too while we're at it. :twisted: :P
MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Post by MasterWuuf »

I'm wandering around in CSB, trying to figure a few things out before actually trying to finish the game.

I've been in the room with all the flying snakes, a number of times, yet haven't figured it all out yet.
The wing key door is open, so I've accomplished that.
I've been to the other side, with the three small switches.

What else can be accomplished there?
I saved a game at the entrance, so I'll be able (if I don't forget and save over it) take my time and try to anything possible in there.

Any help?
How to get to left/right/right, etc
The pressure plate straight ahead of the entrance (already tossed something on it, with no noticeable results).
"Wuuf's big brother"
Seriously Unserious
Master Superior

I don't fully remember that one, other then that the compass is essential to solve the area without the excessive wandering back and forth that trial and error would bring, and reading and heeding a scroll found somewhere in the coutle room (the official name for those flying snakes).
Phoenix
Expert

Post by Phoenix »

If you've opened the winged key door in the couatl room, you have access to the chest that has the ruby key needed to complete DAIN. There really isn't much left to that area.
Seriously Unserious
Master Superior

There may, but I'm not sure, be a random item or 2 in there, but as Phoenix says, and now that he said it, he's jogged my memory a little, once you have that ruby key, you can basically continue on to the rest of the Dain way and the corbum. Unless you feel like taking one last look around for any possible random items.
NilesFoglight
Novice

Post by NilesFoglight »

Hi Guys!

I. Am again stuck in the DDD part where I want to get the corbum for Ros and NETA.

My problem is when I come back doen to the DDD next infamous pit with the button next to it, there is a wall ahead of me. So I cannot get down to the skeleton.

This is the third time I play this game, on the first one I got stuck with closing the pit, the second time I all worked out.

But now I cannot get down to the skeleton puzzle. Very annoying, please help, even if the last post was 10 years ago... :)
NilesFoglight
Novice

Post by NilesFoglight »

I managed 2 minutes after I wrote this post. After turning the teleporter of, throw something that lands on the pressure plate behind.

Ahhh, easiest thing, but I did not get it until now.

Well, time to move on. :)
NilesFoglight
Novice

Post by NilesFoglight »

... And now I can't close the damn pit again to get to the 2nd part of Ros.

I have cleared the Neta path, have opened the gate with the skeleton and pressed the "eye" with shitloads of different objects.

The pit won't close anyway...

Suggestions?
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Is that the "Show me the power" eye? No wait, that's Ku, isn't it...because if so, that one needs
Spoiler
Power Towers

Post by NilesFoglight »

Yep, that is in KU, dragons den.