Solid key from dragon??!

Discuss Chaos Strikes Back, the "expansion pack" for Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Fermen
Apprentice

Solid key from dragon??!

Post by Fermen »

Ok! Now I have problem (again -.-')

I have defeated the dragon, and it have a solid key. And as everybody know there are a illusionary wall with a door and a stairway. As I understand it, the solid key is for that door, but it won't open the door :( If that isn't the key, where is the key?!?

Regards
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Re: Solid key from dragon??!

Post by Ameena »

The solid key is for elsewhere in the dungeon, more specifically -
Spoiler
each of the four Ways has a unique key hidden along it somewhere - the solid key is the one for Ku. All four are used within the same area, which is at the point where all four Ways eventually meet up
. I think the way out of the Dragon's lair is just through a false wall and up some stairs (it's on the bottom level of the dungeon so you definitely can't go down from here). Maybe try an iron key - there are zillions of them throughout the dungeon an I imagine you've discovered at least a few by now - if one of those doesn't work, maybe a gold key or something. I can remember that finding the way out of that dragon's lair isn't difficult - you just might need to bonk your head on a few walls in order to find it ;).
Apprentice

Post by Fermen »

Ameena wrote:The solid key is for elsewhere in the dungeon, more specifically -
Spoiler
each of the four Ways has a unique key hidden along it somewhere - the solid key is the one for Ku. All four are used within the same area, which is at the point where all four Ways eventually meet up
. I think the way out of the Dragon's lair is just through a false wall and up some stairs (it's on the bottom level of the dungeon so you definitely can't go down from here). Maybe try an iron key - there are zillions of them throughout the dungeon an I imagine you've discovered at least a few by now - if one of those doesn't work, maybe a gold key or something. I can remember that finding the way out of that dragon's lair isn't difficult - you just might need to bonk your head on a few walls in order to find it ;).

Okay :mrgreen: I've found my way out from the red dragon actually, but the thing is that there are a illusion wall and a kind of "iron door" there wich, according to the walktrough should contain usable things. But maybe, as you say, it may be some other key...
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

MAybe - it's certainly not the solid key, though, I can tell you that for sure :).
Artisan

Post by Soaponarope »

The keys in CSB are often all over the place. In order to open up everything you'll have to do a lot of backtracking. The door near the big dragon lair can be opened with
Spoiler
lockpicks
though.
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Have you tried using the Hint Oracle? If not, do it now! :)
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
Fermen
Apprentice

Post by Fermen »

Jan wrote:Have you tried using the Hint Oracle? If not, do it now! :)
Oh, actually I had not tried it out until now. Tends to be to some help :D
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

You need an
Spoiler
Onyx key
for that door.
What are the bells that never ring? Enchanting smell, beautiful thing.
What are the lions that never roar? The wind blows their children far over the shore.
What are the gloves not worn by the hand? But worn by the foxes throughout the land.