Which way to start with

Discuss Chaos Strikes Back, the "expansion pack" for Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Leslie
Adept

Which way to start with

Post by Leslie »

On which of the four ways do you start when playing CSB? I usually started with KU, since it gives you plenty of food, good weapons and two Corbums. Entrance to the the FulYa level is also the best of all the four (Dragon fang, no fighting if you have a boulder...).

Once I tried starting with Dain and starved on the way. Neta is also okay for start, but you don't get much improvement on that way.
What are the bells that never ring? Enchanting smell, beautiful thing.
What are the lions that never roar? The wind blows their children far over the shore.
What are the gloves not worn by the hand? But worn by the foxes throughout the land.
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Re: Which way to start with

Post by Jan »

I usually start with ROS, but don't ask me why. I don't know. Maybe because there's some good food too. :wink:
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

I start with Ku, since I find it the easiest and it's fun killing dragons :D. Well, okay there's only one dragon, down on the bottom level, but still...;). Anyway...yeah, I think then I do Neta, then Ros, then finally Dain because I find it a pain in the arse to get through. After the DDD, I think I again do Ku first 'cause of the Dragon's Den. There is one Way, though where you
Spoiler
don't have to do "part two" of it (ie the bit of it after the DDD), because you can sneak around to grab the Corbum from another side of the pillar by stepping on fake pits. I think it might be Dain's corbum which is accessible from the Ros side or something, I can't remember
. Dragon Fang is cool, yeah - I'll normally grab it at some point around the time I'm accessing the Corbum Pillar, or after I've got all the bits and am heading up to the last level to chuck 'em into the Pit. So I don't get to hack stuff with it for too long since I'm so near the end of the game, but oh well ;).
What's that about a boulder?
Um Master

Post by Ian Clark »

I usually start with Neta, I don't know why, just seems the easiest.

The boulder...there is a door that opens up a shortcut if you place a boulder on a pad nearby (it will only work with a boulder, other objects won't work). I can't remember exactly where this is.
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

I also go with Ku first, I think it is the easiest and it is fun. Lots of food, and since you are chopping so much you are certain to gain levels quickly - I would say more quickly than the other paths.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Usually Neta, justfor the ease, then Ku, then ROs. Dain just feels hard with the need for magic, plus it feels more confusing to me.
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

Ian Clark wrote:I usually start with Neta, I don't know why, just seems the easiest.

The boulder...there is a door that opens up a shortcut if you place a boulder on a pad nearby (it will only work with a boulder, other objects won't work). I can't remember exactly where this is.
It
Spoiler
opens a door to the room with the dragon fang without starting the worm generator
. You just need to have the boulder in your inventory. As I remember, the hint oracle calls it the "fighter gem".
What are the bells that never ring? Enchanting smell, beautiful thing.
What are the lions that never roar? The wind blows their children far over the shore.
What are the gloves not worn by the hand? But worn by the foxes throughout the land.