CSB items

Discuss Chaos Strikes Back, the "expansion pack" for Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Froud1
Neophyte

CSB items

Post by Froud1 »

Been playing CSB again after a couple of years break, most enjoyable again and finished in 8 hours which is good for me ! However in a spirit of completism Ive been trying to collect all the good stuff and have been tramping round the dungeon endlessly and seem to have been every where. However still missing the Dragon plate and one pair of speed boots. Do I remember that there is a pit that gigglers drop some stuff down which cannot be recovered and Im wasting my time ? Or shall I start plodding round again hoping for inspiration :)
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Re: CSB items

Post by Paul Stevens »

What version are you running? Taking a peek
with an editor would not seem too much like
cheating for this purpose.

I don't remember any place where items can
get lost.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Conflux and CSB twist in my mind, I can't recall myself. The editor seems reasonable, and has a search function!

Good to see you still around, btw!
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Froud1
Neophyte

Post by Froud1 »

Im using rtc v045, At risk of sounding really dumb I cannot for the life of me figure how to load into any of the editors. An idiots guide would be appreciated.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Ah, RTC doens't let you load your saved game :(

You look at the .txt files through the RTCEditor in the main folder, which are in the modules sub-folder (CSB.txt). You can still search for the two items though, but if they are randomly distributed you would need to go to each area where they could be!
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

Froud1
Neophyte

Post by Froud1 »

Ah ha, Thanks Beowulf, at least Im not quite as dumb as I thought ! Will try via the txt files.
Froud1
Neophyte

Post by Froud1 »

Found them on the map ! Thanks guys, Should have consulted the masters days ago :)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Sometimes it's fun to do it on your own though :D