Blue Steele

Chat about "The Legend of Skullkeep", the true sequel to the original Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Cokecan

Blue Steele

Post by Cokecan »

Hey folks,

Loved DM, CSB and DM2. In fact, I am re-playing DM2 on my old Toshiba laptop.

Quick question - what's the Nummen Cauldron combo of ingredients to make Blue Steele? Meteor Metal and what? I've tried a blue gem, and that weird blue thing you get in the beginning of the game, and no use.

Thanks!
phlux

Re: Blue Steele

Post by phlux »

wish i could help but im not that far into the game
i do know what blue thing your talking about in the game, looks like a grapefruit or something, you cant do anything with it, its name is: the rune with a cross inside a box, and the rune of a lowercase b with a curly on the top tail
and you can cast a spell to make more, what the hell do you do with these things??

and what is the benefit of the blue steele?
Leon

Post by Leon »

Heh ;)) Add 1Gold Coin; 1Red Gem; 1Spirit Cap 1Meteor Metal
Zelmo

Post by Zelmo »

Cokecan, you need to put in the Meteor Metal and a Mana Blossom, then you can pull out a blue steel. One of the alcoves in the Numens' room has a Mana Blossom in it already, so you don't have to go too far for that.
Phlux, those little blue magic markers are good for marking where you've been. If you have a Magic Map, you can hit the button for revealing magical items, and the markers will show up on the map. That's the only use I know of.
Leon, do tell, what do you get when you toss a gold coin, a red gem, a spirit cap, and the Meteor Metal into the cauldron? (I'd look for myself, but haven't been able to play for a long time because I can't get the sound to work. Anyone have a solution for the SBLive, other than the boot disk?)
Leon

Post by Leon »

=For Dungeon Master 2: Legend of Skullkeep PC version=
Hi.
No... Thats not right!!!
1Staff + 1Mana Blossom = SERPENT STAFF (NOT BLUE STEEL !!!)
1Meteor Metal + 1Gold Coin + 1Red Gem + 1Spirit Cap = BLUE STEEL
One of the alcoves in the Numens' room has a Coin, Gem and Cap
in it already, so you don't have to go too far for that... ;)))
Cokecan

Post by Cokecan »

Thanks guys. Will try that combo when I am home tonight. It sounds right, if my memory serves me correctly - all those ingredients were lying around the Vexirk chamber. Probably should have guessed, since there was no immediate use for the rest of the stuff in there.

And phlux - I consider Blue Steele to be the most powerful sword in the game. At the very least, it's tied with Excsymyr in damage ability and has a slightly faster recovery time.
phlux

Post by phlux »

does the Blue Steele have any other attributes?
well im off to try it.. i thought it just had pretty art!
thanks
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Actually the Vorax is the most powerful weapon, and Techmace is second. However Blue Steele is third and if you like it the most then you can have four of them for your fighters is front. You can create many, many Blue Steeles in the vexirk vat. You just have to know where the Meteor Metal turns up after being placed in the Vexirk Vat. It turns up somewhere in the Axe Men area.
phlux

Post by phlux »

really techmace?
ive never been a fan of maces... whats the vorax and how/where do you get it?
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Vorax is the red axe that Berzerks and I believe the Moon Clan Weapon Merchant has them for sale. I'm not a fan of maces either. The Powerswing is what makes the mace so good, and that looses power after a few swings. Only way I know how to recharge it is to sell it and buy it again. According to a book I have, the Excsymyr is the fifth strongest weapon, ranked under the Fury (Morningstar has same strength as the Blue Steele and you can find one in the begining of the game). However, the Excsymyr's Melee attack counts twice and it adds ten Mana.
phlux

Post by phlux »

hehe yeah i just got to the shops that sells the vorax today, its a wicked axe, i was kind of suprised them axe giants didnt try and use it on me though! that could have been fun

is the moon clan weapon merchant the guy near them blood fountain who (coincidence?) has alot of the Cloak of Nights on stock?? hehe..

that guy rules, but i was wondering, the Rune Charm and Clan Chief Gem (neck ornaments) he sells, what do they do?!
i checked stats as i put them on and nodda... any ideas anyone??

i would check out the DM2 adventurers guide but explorer 4 just bairly gets me to these forums :)

mhmm im off to go armor shopping, any recomendations guys?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

You can check out this page on my site:

http://chaos.zpc.cz/jumpsite/items.htm

It's got nothing more than a list of visible bonuses for wearing the armour, but might make your choices easier

I've not encountered, as you will see, anything about the clan gem or rune charm that is obvious either : )
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Christopher

Post by Christopher »

The Merchant near the blood fountains is the Magic Merchant. The Moon Clan Weapon Merchant is the weapons dealer past the Axe Men area. According to the book I have, the Clan Gem is just a nice looking necklace. The Rune Charm supposedly raises the Luck of a character. In fact, this book lists how much Luck each character starts out with. However, I have never seen a version of DM2 that shows the Luck stat in the actual game.
phlux

Post by phlux »

wow thanks guys, ive managed to clear out the cauldron room, numen staff is pretty! i was wondering if there was other cool recipees though??

thanks beowulf for replying, your site is great
i found a nice combination of fire armor, tech helms and a tech plate and that magical plate that looks like grey/black camoflauge, its a nice combination..

is there any merchants past the cauldron?? DM2 is a great game and i hope my savings of 10,000$ wont goto waste as im already in skulkeep..

we really need to hack the engine more so players can make an add-on, that would be the best because the people still havent forgotten about DM know where it needs improvement most

anyways im out to play with the numen cauldron
Vitaliy

Post by Vitaliy »

Where is I can download Dungeon Master 2
Pliessssssssssssse give me adress.....
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

It still amazes me how few people actually bother looking at the content on this site....

Check out the Games Setup Guide on the left hand menu...
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Post by ChristopheF »

And if only you knew the number of people that send emails to me asking for DM or CSB before browsing the site!!
sucinum
Pal Master

Post by sucinum »

the hidden option of the blue steele:
if any axeman or thief steals it, its gone for good and never comes back.
YES!
Craig

Post by Craig »

what hidden option of the blue steel are you talking about? I like using 4 voraxs with my fighters. I use 2 techhelms on my wizards for wisdom. 2 RA SAR helms on my fighters for dexterity. 2 techplates on my fighters cause they're strong and have spell resistance. 2 RA SAR Plates for extra mana. Fire Polyen for added strength. Techboots and Ra Sar boots cause they're strong. Let me know what you think ppl.
Craig

Post by Craig »

I just cleared Skulkeep. I thought it was a really fun game, but not long enough. I really liked the straightforward nature of the game. It's not like DM1 where you have to navigate a dungeon forever and get lost and stuff. Anyway, my next task is to try to clear the game with just Torham. Has anyone on here pulled that off? Well I'm off to make Torham a God.
Pakkasherra

Post by Pakkasherra »

I finished the game with just Torham a few years ago. Was not very difficult actually. Just make sure you use a lot of bags to store food and bombs. Defeating Dragoth was a breeze; surround him with defender minions and watch him die :)
Burnt Conspiracy
Neophyte

Post by Burnt Conspiracy »

phlux wrote:but i was wondering, the Rune Charm and Clan Chief Gem (neck ornaments) he sells, what do they do?!
i checked stats as i put them on and nodda... any ideas anyone??
the clan chief gem does nothing to you, it simply sits there and looks pretty :-)

the rune charm gives you a (+4) to your luck... (i think its 4)

luck is one of the "hidden" stats.

-- info gained from graphics.dat with Kentaro's editor... keep up the good work man! :-)
Christopher
DMwiki contributor

Post by Christopher »

Ah, I remember this post from back when I was but a guest (still waiting for my old posts to be combined). The Rune Charm should add ten to your character's luck score.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Christopher wrote:Ah, I remember this post from back when I was but a guest (still waiting for my old posts to be combined).
We can't do that I'm afraid
Christopher
DMwiki contributor

Post by Christopher »

Oh? Gambit had mentioned in an old post that he is able to do this, and does it from time to time. Oh well, it's no big deal.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

On other forums you can simply change a person's post count. I just cannot see that function added to the phpbb here, so I know of no other way to do it.

All I remember Gambit saying was that he could activate an old DME account ported across so old posts were counted, but that was not from guest posts.

Oh well, perhaps Gambit knows a way!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

You missed the boat. No more combining I'm afraid.
Tianhe1A
Neophyte

Post by Tianhe1A »

I 've played DM II some 20 years ago, und now again via DOS-Box, but I never could find out, what that Blue Marker, which You may find very early in the game serves for.
Hexcon
Novice

Post by Hexcon »

As far as I know it's a magic marker which can be created using the ya ew spell. Might serve as a substitute for the footprints (= leaving a trail of magic 'breadcrumbs') or any item that you need to put on pressure plates etc. So unless there's a very special hidden use to it, it's just some sort of 'dummy item'.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Yeah, as I understand it they are called Magic Markers, used to mark your trail.

Return to “Dungeon Master II: The Legend of Skullkeep (DM2)”