Loads o' Money

Chat about "The Legend of Skullkeep", the true sequel to the original Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
justsomeguy
Neophyte

Loads o' Money

Post by justsomeguy »

Well, this works for the PC CD version of Dungeon Master II. Not sure if it works for any others. And with crashes and stuff, I didn't have a problem with this method. (So far.)

Anyway, here's what you do.

Start a new game. Go down to the end of the Chamber of Heroes and click on Equus. (The horse headed guy.) He has a money box in his inventory but there's not much in it. (Not for long though.)

Pick up his money box with a left-click. Press the space bar and then your own inventory (Torham's) will pop up. Put the money box in Torham's right hand with a left-click, and then exit the inventory screen with a right-click. Two more right clicks will return the display to normal (as you'll see that Torham's face is covered with the picture of the money box) but this isn't necessary. Anyway, open Torham's inventory again and open the money box which is in his hand. Put all of Torham's money (gold and silver coins, and the green gem) inside the money box. Exit your inventory and click on Equus again. If you pick up his money box and click on the eye icon, you'll notice that whatever you've put into the one in Torham's inventory is now also in Equus' inventory.

With crashes and things, I've noticed that if you try to take too many copies of items in the heroes inventories, strange things begin to happen. For example, if you start a new game and fill up your inventory with copies of Equus' torso plate, save your game, then haul them over to the armour shop to be sold: After about 5 trips you'll have a lot of money, but I found that the savegames started to get damaged. (They wouldn't load.)

However, this money box method seems (so far) to have avoided that problem.

Anyway, once you've filled the money box in your right hand, save your game and reload. (You don't have to quit to DOS (or DOSBox (Version 0.70 was released on 02/03/2007))), just restart via the ingame menu and reload the savegame. You'll find that the money box in your right hand is no longer linked to the money box in Equus' inventory. And so, head back on over to Equus again and take another copy of his money box. (Open his inventory, left click on the money box, press space, left-click on Torham's left hand (just put the knife anywhere) and then right-click to exit the inventory.)

After doing this you should have a money box in both hands. (The left hand one is linked to Equus, and the right hand one is normal.) Take all the money from the right hand money box (the old money box) and put it in the left hand (new) money box. (You'll see the changes in Equus' inventory as well.) Then just save, reload and repeat as needed. As you can see, if you repeat this process over and over, each time the value of Equus' money box doubles. Before long you'll have a massive amount of cash.

I recommend that before saving, make a trip over to one of the shops and get the merchant to sort out your change for you. (Put the linked money box on the selling table.) That way, it'll take a lot less time moving all those coins and gems from one box to another. The only extra thing you'll be left with after each repetition is an empty money box, but you can just dump them somewhere.

Remember that when you've finished you should save and reload before playing. (Otherwise you'll be playing part of the game with a money box which is linked to Equus' inventory in the Chamber of Heroes. I don't think it'll matter, but I wouldn't recommend it.)

Return to “Dungeon Master II: The Legend of Skullkeep (DM2)”