What do you like/dislike about DM2 compared to original DM?

Chat about "The Legend of Skullkeep", the true sequel to the original Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
zoom
Grand Master

Re: What do you like/dislike about DM2 compared to original DM?

Post by zoom »

there is a walkthrough for dm2 on youtube,where the guy who plays it explains : do not open that door (it is in the wilderness)because of the minions. You can reach the keep some different route for sure... I have no specifics bcs I only played dm2 some 15years ago or so! But it involved a door that you opened whilst stepping in front of it. I think there were ghosts or trees..(it is for a circle or something around the wilderness, full circulation) #
there is a spot , a secret wall that opens from the other end.. so in a cave with drutan or so you come back to the wilderness and you do not have to step in front of that gate in the wilderness to enter castle.(apparently behind the gates ,there spawn the minions for the wilderness and if you do not open the f**king door they dont reach you)
I really do not know, just wanted to tell. check the dm2 for yourself
Rasmus
Ee Master

Post by Rasmus »

Oooo, this was a nice topic, thanks for reopening it Twiggy :)
Just want to say what I think about DM2..

I accually liked it as much as the original dm :)
But I haven't played it as much, mostly because of the straight forward flow in the game. It was to easy! The riddles was much easier than DM 1. And I would like to see some hidden sidetrails to harder to fight creatures and rewards above the usual..
If FTL were to create a expansion for DM2 with the CSB difficulty I would play as much as the original!

Sorry for beeing so positive about the game :)

I may add that I really liked the guards in the shops, I remember that the first thing I did when playing DM2 was trying to kill the guard.. It ended up with me playing for two hours witout leaving the first shop area.. But after that the whole game was just flowing to easily..
Simon
Artisan

Post by Simon »

I thought there would be a lot of dislike for this game as soon as I saw the topic thread. I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it and it was a worthy sequel.

Money system. It was awesome to collect different kinds of coins. When I came across the emerald in the bat cave I was like WOAH and had to struggle to fight my way through it to get it. Finding my first diamond later on was rewarding!

Shop system. Simply fantastic! I loved the whole get treasure and swap it for rewards thing, and the shopkeeper interaction was brilliant, especially when you tried to negotiate a good deal. I also loved dumping all my treasure on the table with a chest, then removing the chest to see how much I got :)

Weather effects. I thought they really added to the atmosphere, especially running into an area and being able to see very little because of the heavy rain. I loved running into the dungeon entrance to sit out the storms:)

Reflection spell on the tech shield was really fun to use to feel like a mighty wizard, deflecting fireballs. The teleporting idea was good too.

Rhinos! They were awesome! Especially the amount of attacking you had to do to kill one at the start, but oh so much tasty foods.

The dungeon. While it wasn't as big as would have been liked, and was more puzzle based than the original, it was reasonably atmospheric and I enjoyed going up to the roof.

The secret areas with the axe guys.

Dislikes:

Attack/Defense Minions. They were ok, but I would have preferred a better graphic. Also them attacking you randomly got annoying.

Zo portals. They were cool and all, but closing them should have been permenant. They seemed pointless otherwise.

The last boss encounter. The minions were really annoying, as was trying not to fall off, and the whole floaty cloud setting.

Half step wasn't great.

The axe guys destroying the economy.
roorooroo
Neophyte

Post by roorooroo »

I was disappointed with DM2 really..the puzzles were nowhere near as good as DM and it was too short.
MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Post by MasterWuuf »

I just purchased DM2 (again) for my oldest son. He liked/likes the tech-look better.

The background music?/sounds when you get near the rhino-cow section.
Reminded me of the darker music in Wizard of Oz (why, I don't know, but it did)

I actually enjoyed the drones, when I finally took the time to use them.
Really helped on the clouds.

The special effects from some of the items was a plus for me, as well (tech-shield, etc)

Bickering and dealing with the clerks.

Being outside/underground/on roof/ etc.; although not necessary, it was an interesting change.

Dislikes:
The cloud irritation. Rather than a challenge, it was more of an inconvenience that seemed a waste of time.
(I apologize to the creators of that section. It's just my opinion. Thanks for a great game.)

Bugs? I beat this game, way back, solving the mirror puzzle with no helps.
I tried it again, years later, without being able to figure the puzzle out.
I even checked a walkthrough, which did NOT work on my game.
I did it different than the walkthrough suggested...and it worked? Grrr. That was not a good day. :wink:
(As I recall, the walkthrough said to solve it like I did in my original attempt)

The end short-film. Waah! All that work, only to get that cheapo B-film?
(Talk about an 'eating worms' experience)
I'm of the opinion that there should be some serious Hoop-Lah upon completion.
"Wuuf's big brother"
Sphenx
On Master

Post by Sphenx »

MasterWuuf wrote: Likes:
The background music?/sounds when you get near the rhino-cow section.
Reminded me of the darker music in Wizard of Oz (why, I don't know, but it did)
I did talk about this one before. The music at the thorn demons section is from "Pictures at an Exhibition" composed by Mussorgsky.
http://www.dungeon-master.com/forum/vie ... 29&t=23834
Some other parts of DM2 musics were also taken from the same musical piece.
MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Post by MasterWuuf »

Tried all three web spots. The first two didn't work.
The piano piece on last one didn't really catch my attention. (no dishonor intended for the musician)
I can't even play the piano, other than a few small pieces I learned while taking voice lessons.

I do have two saxophones (alto and soprano), but I'm in danger of forgetting how to play them.
"Wuuf's big brother"
Sphenx
On Master

Post by Sphenx »

I fixed the broken links. Anyway, that was just to point DM2 musics taken from Mussorgsky, to allow comparison with originals.
MasterWuuf
Arch Master

Re: What do you like/dislike about DM2 compared to original

Post by MasterWuuf »

I just have to say this.

I like the merchants. They were an interesting addition.

I like laying stuff on the left table, stepping to the right table before the merchant can pay, then back to lay more on the table.

The merchant looks like he's doing a moronic dance number, when I finally give him a chance to count and pay me.

Only thing I would add is a musical square dance type add-on, to go with his dance routine.
"Wuuf's big brother"
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

I really disliked that monsters no longer come in groups. I missed the "four monsters per square" feature of DM and CSB. And the new monster AI... it has Pros and Cons. I like that monster do react like dodging fireballs and things. But I dislike that some monsters alsways know where you are - like minions and mummies.

I also miss the window spell and the possibility to make VEN potions.
What are the bells that never ring? Enchanting smell, beautiful thing.
What are the lions that never roar? The wind blows their children far over the shore.
What are the gloves not worn by the hand? But worn by the foxes throughout the land.
Sphenx
On Master

Post by Sphenx »

Leslie wrote:I also miss the window spell and the possibility to make VEN potions.
The window spell was dropped in favor of magical maps ... it became quite useless because of this.

About the ven potion, it is possible to have it available in replacement of another spell. I can do that for the PC version.
Leslie
Adept

Post by Leslie »

There's a magic map in CSB, and there's the window spell as well. So why drop it in DM2?

How do you do that that spell replacement thing?
What are the bells that never ring? Enchanting smell, beautiful thing.
What are the lions that never roar? The wind blows their children far over the shore.
What are the gloves not worn by the hand? But worn by the foxes throughout the land.
Sphenx
On Master

Post by Sphenx »

Leslie wrote:There's a magic map in CSB, and there's the window spell as well. So why drop it in DM2?
Partly true, in ST version there is no magic map, and the overall gameplay is the same as in DM.
The magic map appeared for the Amiga version, and the window spell was kept as well.

I am quite sure that when FTL developed DM2 -- where magic maps are parts of puzzles and available from start, there was no more need for the window spell.
Moreover there are several different wallsets and the window effect may have seemed weird on the new gfx (think of thicket or cave wallset).

Leslie wrote:How do you do that that spell replacement thing?
By replacing the main prog skull.exe by another :oops:
Sphenx
On Master

Post by Sphenx »

Leslie wrote:How do you do that that spell replacement thing?
There, if you want to try a PC DM2 version which allows you to make ven potions : DM2 skull exe.
Backup your standard skull.exe and replace with the one (named skull_zoven.exe).
The only drawback is that one of the other spells is now disabled ... but I don't tell which ;)
Tom Hatfield
Ee Master

Post by Tom Hatfield »

Gambit37 wrote:FTL tried to deliver a product appealing to different audiences and failed in my opinion.
You're wrong about that. They did successfully create a game that catered to different audiences, evidenced by the fact that many fans of the original didn't like it. It just wasn't the audience they were going after.

Most players, especially the good folks here, seem to be of the explorer/puzzle-lover persuasion, which is precisely what DM is about… on the surface. Personally, I like both games for the same reasons: character selection and development, and party management. I like exploring the dungeon, finding cool gear, smacking down monsters, but — this might sound a bit crazy, but to me the dungeon exists to support the characters, not vice versa, which to me defines the true spirit of DM. In that regard, I believe DM2 successfully captures the spirit of its predecessor: it has precisely the same diversity, development, and party management. There are a million dungeon crawls out there, and not one has managed to capture the spirit of DM, except DM2.

This is opposite to what most people feel. The game is called Dungeon Master, and obviously dungeon is important. Being that I'm an explorer, I had a lot of fun exploring — especially Skullkeep, which made a helluva lot more sense than the random nonsense that was Lord Chaos' obscene imaginings made manifest, and for good reason: that mother was crazy! — but I had at least as much fun outfitting my characters and keeping them fed, lighting fires and torches, sorting goods into sacks and chests, training on doors and trees — well, okay, not so much with the training — such that I took it a step further: I wrote DM2 fan-fiction (which is sadly lost) and named the lead character (Torham Zed) after myself (Thomas the Fallen) and gave him a completely different backstory.

This also explains why I didn't care for CSB: the dungeon was simply too hard. It was hardcore DM for hardcore, quick-witted puzzle-lovers. If anything, I could say that CSB betrayed the spirit of its predecessor, not DM2… but I don't think that. It's just a different vehicle for the same mechanics that make DM what it is: a tale of four heroes.

As for the half-step, I genuinely don't understand what you people have against it. I like it way better than the clunky one-step, but again, that's me. I also eat tuna straight out of the can.
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

I also eat tuna straight out of the can
That pretty much explains things. Case closed. ;-)
Skellimancer
Novice

Post by Skellimancer »

Liked
+ The shops
+ left+right hand action bars
+ Variety of scenery
+ Having a base to store things in

Disliked
- Never ending bad weather
- How easy it was to gain money
- The main dungeon (If only it was dungeon master 1 dungeon instead)
- The 4 keys to the main dungeon being left on rock tables a few steps from each other instead of say, being in 4 mini dungeons. (where are the tribes?)
- respawning monsters.
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

I've just discovered I hadn't answered here yet ! I played only Amiga version and never managed to reach the Void. I remember my last saved game took place on a big room with huge fireballs flying around. I've completed DM2 on RTC from that time.

Liked
+ Amiga visuals (interface, portraits, wallsets, monsters ...)
+ Outside levels and weather system
+ Both hands could be used
+ Shops

Disliked
- Overall slowness (Amiga 1200)
- Story inconsistency compared to previous DM
- Technology approach (minions, mechanisms/machines, ...)
- Music : futuristic ambient pads just don't fit with fantasy
- Respawning monsters
"The only way out is another way in." Try Sukumvit's Labyrinth II
Thorham
Apprentice

Post by Thorham »

Tom Hatfield wrote:This also explains why I didn't care for CSB: the dungeon was simply too hard.
Too hard? Just wait until you try meynaf's nightmare dungeon. Now that is a really difficult dungeon ;)
linflas wrote: Disliked
- Overall slowness (Amiga 1200)
Indeed. Even on an A1200 with 68030 processor this thing can really crawl. Absolutely terrible programming :(
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

- disliked the discontinuation
keep your gor coin handy
Seth
Novice

Post by Seth »

DM2 was my first dungeon, which I ever played, so I have really good feeling about it.
When I finished I wanted to try original DM - and it was different game.

I liked DM2 for different things then DM

The things I liked in DM2:
- Interface - much more user friendly
- whole grafics thing
- both hands usage
- independent swings/casts
- eye inspect giving more details about the item (charges)
- halfstep
- weather
- music

Things I like in original DM more:
- more puzzle game
- no torham
- better development of the characters - tiggy can be good fighter! :o)
- much better dungeon feeling (you are alone in the dungeon and nobody will help you to get out)
b1llygo4t
Apprentice

Post by b1llygo4t »

I'm playing through this game for the second time using dosbox and i have to say that rtc doesn't do it justice. there are tons of subtleties that where missed.

things i like:
- duel wielding, i hope there is a handy cap for using your off hand but i can't tell.
- when empty handed you can draw an item from your right handed scabbard OR your left handed pouch. this made using ninja weapons and magic items simpler and faster to use and much more effective. even throwing a dagger from the left hand would draw another dagger from the right scabbard.
- items with a bonus that are stored in the left hand pouch or the right hand scabbard still effect your character (ex. items with mana bonus).
- most magic items show you their spells (made them fun and handy to learn)
- items viewed gave atk/def/chrgs info.
- the new containers (quiver, sack and money box) and how you could open them and pull items out from the floor and how they opened in the dungeon hud instead of in the inventory.
- the monetary system and the shops.
- new wallsets and items
- music
- sound effects (male/female voices =] )
- new monster a.i. (the evil trees will dodge arrows but will RUN AWAY from fireballs =] , thorn demons and wolves(?) are docile until you attack them or get in their way, ect.)
- push/pull actions

things i dislike:
- too easy, too short, no puzzles.
- the magic runes aren't displayed at all times.
- the champion hand mouse selector got in the way
- language independent system was a bit confusing
- cartoony monsters
- no multiple monster formations.
- weapons seem over powered, defeating the need for alot of the other cool stuff mentioned above.
- axe harvesting breaks the money system.
- having the default character in your party.
- most of the bad ass stuff can be purchased in the shops. awesome armor and weapons should be treasure. only bare bones adventuring gear should be available in the shops.
- advanced electricity. i didn't mind the lighting rod, steam use, water wheel, ect but the instrument panels, monitors and mecha armor ruined atmosphere for me.
- no ful or ven bomb spells. why even sell flasks??

in all i think most of the additions to the engine are good but the play/length is GREATLY lacking. CSB is really hard, i think they tried to appeal to a greater audience by making things more obvious and user friendly (good) , easier and more action oriented (bad) and providing better graphics (varied).

I envision a combination of the 4 games being a great experience. Use the DM2 outside area as an overworld map, use the therons quest, DM and DM2 dungeons split into chunks as sub dungeons and CSB as the final dungeon. redistribute treasure and monster difficulty to elongate the difficulty/advancement curve and maybe add a few more tweaks like breakable weapons (need to buy more), the ability/need to swap champions, and more randomness (like the csb giggler item placement) and you would have an epic game with tons of replay value.

imagine escaping the first dungeon prison, going outside and learning the evils that be, going on a journey through the other dungeons all to gain access to the csb dungeon. imagine abandoning your current trec through the diabolical demon director to go buy supplies.
potion? what potion?
Seriously Unserious
Master Superior

Post by Seriously Unserious »

Although I never was able to play the original, either in dos box or winUAE as I couldn't find a working version, I'd say your points about the rtc version are quite valid and I agree with many of them. Regardless of the version, axe hunting does break the economy in DM2.

I've read your wish list and after I've finished my current rtc custom dungeon, I was planning on building something along those lines. It's not going to be a remake of the DM story though, but a continuation of it, and it will incorporate many of the features you mentioned that you would like to see in a DM style game. In the meanwhile, there are other custom dungeons that already do incorporate much of what you mentioned. The 2 I know of and have played are up-n-down (an indoor/outdoor adventure with underground dungeons and above ground towers you need to defeat to win the game), and down (a very challenging indoor/outdoor adventure with many monsters to fight, and some tough puzzles to solve, with a huge outdoor area to explore (and get lost in :P ) and many sizable underground dungeons to explore).
emetar
Novice

Post by emetar »

Lol I've played DM1 just ones, yes it had some harder puzzles but it was nowhere as exciting as DM2 that I've done so many times. It seems some guys are just die hard about DM1 but I like the DM2 and cannot say so about DM1 that felt way shorter. Yes there are too many things that could be abused in DM2, so mine are:

For me FUN comes with CHALLENGE in games, otherwise it's boring, so difficulty all the way

- PC version graphics good for their time
- music - deep, psycho, scary - perfect for the places
- as fan of SCI FI, I LOVED that it had a mix of fantasy with sci fi
- better enemy ideas than the ones I saw in Dm1, in DM1 some looked like Broccoli, bushes and some plants than real scary enemies

DISLIKES
- Could be even longer, it's not as short as claimed above if you play to build your char and reach Masters in experience and don't run through everything in 2 hrs or use cheats...
- Too easy enemies - hit and run, go through them and escape, too little HP - challenging please - I do agree that with the 1 time I played DM1 it was harder
- Thicket thief and Giggler (esp the latter) do not belong there
- puzzles - could be better but still are good
- Yes too cartoony and unscary creatures (mostly the skeletons, ghosts)

Why do you think I wanna edit some things there? I will double the enemies in each area using DMDC2 - it seems you cannot place creatures on an area that do not belong there - put a wolf outside your house and shops or a merchant and they disappear shotly

And I will change some creatures' look if I can
Hexcon
Novice

Post by Hexcon »

I think whether you prefer playing DM1 or DM2 is a matter of nostalgia and what you came to expect from a certain game, thus what you'd expect from a possible sequel.

Liked ...

- ... the game's music, especially in the battering ram area. You could tune it down or turn it off completely if you had a hard time hearing the ambient noises and sounds.
- ... the changing of the weather; that you had to hide away when it started to rain in order to avoid getting struck by lightning.
- ... that all items were clearly distinguishable from each other, even when lying on the ground (!)
- ... improved magic maps.
- ... At times, while exploring Skullkeep, I felt I'd go mad if I had to look at yet another wall. I liked the outside environment, that you could escape the dungeon and take a break from exploring. The greenery actually was a refreshing sight. And there was something soothing about returning to the rhinos when you were fed up with some of the other inhabitants of Skullkeep.
- ... that you could use both hands to perform actions like fighting and consuming potions or using special items. Compared to that, some of the more challenging battles in DM1 were more of a tedious fiddling about with the interface.
- ... the money box. bags.
- ... Teleporter fields to teleport back to town if you needed equipment … or whenever you felt like going sight-seeing.
- ... the trading system/interactions.
- ... the smoother movements/animations. I've never really liked the sparse and rather clumsy tile-by-tile animations of DM1. I thought they created a somewhat weird stroboscopic effect.
- ... the implementation of sci-fi like aspects. I found the idea of combining magic with technology rather appealing.
- ... Friendly minions - attacking and guarding ones - to fend off the hostile green/purple orbs. Finally you could summon creatures! Great spells.
- ... that you could decide whether you wanted to hang around an area until you lost interest/finished levelling (Thorn Demons, axemen) and that you could return there anytime you liked or just rush through the game - essentially that most of the areas were smoothly connected.

Entertaining as the puzzles may be, the one thing that bugs me most about some hardcore dungeon crawling games is their the-only-way-is-downwards-and-finding-the-way-back-should-you-have-forgotten-anything-will-most-certainly-be-a-pain-in-the-lower-back design. But that's just me and tastes differ.

Disliked ...

- ... that it became a bit of an unimaginative rush after you got to the axemen. I liked the graveyard, spooky forest and haunted crypt, but there was too little to explore and the connecting areas with the Thicket Thieves, skeletons and vortexes were just boring. They should've expanded those other parts.
- ... monsters were not much of a challenge.
- ... that it could as well have been named Thicket Master. If only they had added (hidden) levels to the crypt or the graveyard or even the towns ...
- ... that said towns were extremely boring. Side quests would have been nice.
- ... hostile minions. Large hordes of these toys of sadistic delight all the more.
- ... that you couldn't really interact with any of the neutral creatures save for hitting them or pushing them around.
- ... many of the items, wands and gloves, were rather useless in combat. The game was easy enough, players didn't really need this stuff.
- ... too short.

I'd really, really love to see an extended version of this game.

Someone mentioned that the game was too complex for its own good and that DM1 and CSB were more or less the perfect real-time Dungeon Crawlers. While this might be true it could also be the reason why DM2 turned out different than die-hard fans expected.

DM and CSB were all about riddles. DM2 could be compared with the experimental album of some hardcore music band whose members already have improved the style of their music to the point of hardcore perfection. They probably toyed with new ideas to expand the experience and possibilities of dungeon crawling, and at the same time tried to retain its essence. As it seems, they made a not-so-convincing job at it. Playing DM2 you get the feeling that the game has never really been finished and that much of its potential has been wasted. Still, the more I play this game the more it grows on me in a way that DM1 due to its strict and sterile Dungeon Crawler style never could. It's a lovable attempt at mixing hardcore Dungeon Crawling with rpg elements.

And I think the ghosts were scary enough. Especially when they made that screaming noise while attacking you.
Sphenx
On Master

Post by Sphenx »

Hexcon wrote:Playing DM2 you get the feeling that the game has never really been finished and that much of its potential has been wasted.
I believe the biggest problem of DM2 was the fact they didn't expand enough the dungeon file format so that they quickly get out of room for building more interesting mechanims, traps and/or maps within the game. My feeling is rather that they left many ideas they had and the final DM2 is cut off from what it could have been. The beta version hints some interesting features.
Hexcon
Novice

Post by Hexcon »

I believe the biggest problem of DM2 was the fact they didn't expand enough the dungeon file format so that they quickly get out of room for building more interesting mechanims, traps and/or maps within the game. My feeling is rather that they left many ideas they had and the final DM2 is cut off from what it could have been. The beta version hints some interesting features.
Oh, that's unfortunate. Is there no way to tweak these files? Probably not - no easy one at least -, someone would've done it before had it been possible, I guess?

I've never played the beta version of the game, but if it contains interesting and promising ideas ... Has anyone ever attempted to create a dungeon based on the ideas of the DM2 beta version?

It's a good thing that DM2 was included in the RTC package. I just don't think the DM1 engine works well with that game. I was a little surprised to find glops crawling around in areas they shouldn't have access to, like shops, and that some lousy digger worms were able to almost instantly kill my party. It's not that they simply were too tough, but I found it rather difficult to hit them as you'd only see them either completely hidden in the ground or directly attacking and simultaneously injuring and inflicting greater damage on you. In the original DM2 it was possible to hit and retreat while the creature was still preparing its attack but hadn't hit you yet. The "step around and attack from behind" strategy doesn't work on creatures like the digger worms.

As there's no editor for DM2: Is it because it's too difficult to create one or is it because noone has ever taken an interest in creating one?
Sphenx
On Master

Post by Sphenx »

Hexcon wrote:Oh, that's unfortunate. Is there no way to tweak these files? Probably not - no easy one at least -, someone would've done it before had it been possible, I guess?
For that there is no other option than modifying the DM engine. We did with a modified DM2 engine what Paul Stevens did with CSBWin: fortunately it is not too difficult to allow 3 times more mechanism items within a dungeon file. (I can go into details if you want). That permits some expansions over the original dungeon.
Hexcon wrote: I've never played the beta version of the game, but if it contains interesting and promising ideas ... Has anyone ever attempted to create a dungeon based on the ideas of the DM2 beta version?
I do. But there is still work to do.

Hexcon wrote: As there's no editor for DM2: Is it because it's too difficult to create one or is it because noone has ever taken an interest in creating one?
It is because you didn't search well enough :P

You have here a DM2 dungeon editor :
http://dmweb.free.fr/?q=node/719

You have here a DM2 graphics.dat editor :
http://dmweb.free.fr/?q=node/721

You have here a work in progress DM2 version for windows called skwin :
dmbuilder.sphenxmusics.fr/skwin/skwinspx.zip

You have here extended versions of DM2 editors for skwin :
http://code.google.com/p/skwinspx/downl ... z&can=2&q=
Hexcon
Novice

Post by Hexcon »

Sphenx wrote: We did with a modified DM2 engine what Paul Stevens did with CSBWin: fortunately it is not too difficult to allow 3 times more mechanism items within a dungeon file. (I can go into details if you want). That permits some expansions over the original dungeon.
Sphenx wrote: I do. But there is still work to do.
Sounds interesting! I don't want to hijack this thread (I don't know how strict the rules in this forum are :P), so if there's a thread about said projects and the mechanics of the editors/tweaking tools you're working on point me there; I'd sure like to read what you can tell me about it.
Sphenx wrote: It is because you didn't search well enough :P
Heh. I might not have read the information about these editors properly. I came across them on Christophe's site some while ago but thought they were solely for changing item properties and tweaking some stuff here and there but not for creating whole custom dungeons for DM2/based on the DM2 engine. Thanks for the links, I'll have a closer look at these.
ebeneezergude
Expert

Post by ebeneezergude »

For me DM2 was a really shoddy experience compared to the genius of the original. I still played through to the end on the A500 back in the day, but man it was a real let down after so much anticipation.

Maybe I like one of the pieces of music.

Return to “Dungeon Master II: The Legend of Skullkeep (DM2)”