Stuck after evil magicians...

Chat about "The Legend of Skullkeep", the true sequel to the original Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Michael_H
Neophyte

Stuck after evil magicians...

Post by Michael_H »

After a long time of DM absence, I discovered RTC - thanks a lot to George for making such a wunderfull thing.

Currently, I'm playing DM2 and I'm stuck at the quickly closing door after the evel magicians room.
I admit, I've read the walkthrough, then not being able to cast ZO-EW-ROS, I've had a search in the forum only to notice, that this cast isn't supported by RTC and there are other ways to overcome this puzzle.

Unfortunatelly, I'm not able to find out how, maybe I've used the wrong search text or it isn't described?!?

Can someone please push me in the right direction to solve this problem? Is it a matter of speed only? I've the feeling it's not, because if I stand on the floor plate, the door will open and close within milliseconds - how shall I be able to run that fast??

Any help would be appreciated very much.
Thanks a lot in advance and best wishes,
Michael
Michael_H
Neophyte

Post by Michael_H »

...okay.. right after sending my post, I tried it again.

I always thought, that the party is necessary to trigger the floor plate, but then an arrow was enough to do.
So standing in the corner, shooting an arrow and running for life worked :D

The party is bruised a bit from the door, but they survived.

It's time to party on now :D

Wishes,
Michael
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

You can also throw something very heavy and run, it should land quickly to trigger the pad
Tianhe1A
Neophyte

Re: Stuck after evil magicians...

Post by Tianhe1A »

I did that thing with the porter minion. Standing right in front of the closed door, activated the porter minion to drop any item on the pressure plate, door opened, and hop, two steps forward and i was in and none of the party was harmed. Maybe there are still other ways to pass that door, but for me, my solution worked very well.

best regards, Marcel

Return to “Dungeon Master II: The Legend of Skullkeep (DM2)”