Where is the Scout Map in DM2?

Chat about "The Legend of Skullkeep", the true sequel to the original Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Hawkslayer
Neophyte

Where is the Scout Map in DM2?

Post by Hawkslayer »

I first played this game years ago and decided to try it agin. I have a great team who can go anywhere in the game until I get to the place where I need to place a Guard Minion to stop the fireballs. I don't have the Scout map to place a minion and I can't find it anywhere in the game. Cam anyone recall just whereabouts it is? I need the Scout Map!! Thanks for any suggestions.

Hawkslayer..
Hawkslayer...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: Where is the Scout Map in DM2?

Post by beowuuf »

Are you playing the original DM2, or DM2 through RTC? In RTC, I do not beleive the scout map is implimented in RTC.

You don't need to place a minion anywhere to bypass an area, if you know the right tricks.

If you are playing original DM2, off the top of my head I can't remember exactly, but I want to say it's near the start of Skullkeep through an illusionary wall.
Hawkslayer
Neophyte

Post by Hawkslayer »

I'm playing the RTC version and I didn't realize it was different. Anyway I am just outside the room with machines in it and there is pit which when I step on a plate open and closes and some kind of fireball flies over it at the same time. There are a set of steps the other side which I need to get to. I went down one set of steps and there was an IMP there pressing buttons to fire fireballs at me and I killed him. I'm stuck till I get past this problem.

Hawkslayer..
Hawkslayer...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I know the place but can't recall the exact lay out. Can an aura of haste help you run fast enough to get passed the fireball, or a ZO spell open/close something to help you?
Hawkslayer
Neophyte

Post by Hawkslayer »

The aura of speed was the answer. Moving along a bit more now. Thanks. I guess I may be back with more problems.

Hawkslayer
Hawkslayer...
Hawkslayer
Neophyte

Post by Hawkslayer »

Okay, I'm back! I got to the room with the crystal in the middle of the room and recall that I have to destroy it. But when I put the four switches down, I can only get TWO lots of fireballs firing at it. I know there should be more. I've been right back through the game and can't find anything I missed. Any ideas?
Hawkslayer...
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

If the "crystal" thingy has a walkway-looking thing leading up to (I think) a blank wall, then you don't actually have to destroy it. but charge it up (the Fireballs are the power source). I haven't played DM2 for years but I think you might need to personally cast something at it yourself (another Fireball or a Zo spell or something) once you have the reflectors in place to redirect the Fireballs at it. When you've done it right, the change will occur at the end of the walkway. If the boiler isn't working (if the furnace isn't being fuelled by the Rockies downstairs) then the machine won't switch on. There is a control room nearby with screens showing whether or not the machines are working (furnace and boiler I think). If they're not, then the Zo-Link machine won't work no matter how many Fireballs are reflected at it.
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yeah, enemy guard minions keep apearing to block the rock minions from putting rocks in the furnace
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Ah yes, that's it - I knew there was something that could stop the Rockies. Unless, of course, you mistakenly killed them yourself when you were first down there. They are non-hostile unless attacked, and will throw Pyro rock thingys from themselves into the furnace to keep it lit so the boiler works. I dunno if they respawn but if you did kill them, you can just light it yourself by finding a pyro rock thingy and putting it into the furnace, or I think just casting a Fireball at it may work too.

Post by Hawkslayer »

beowuuf wrote:Yeah, enemy guard minions keep apearing to block the rock minions from putting rocks in the furnace
Thanks for all the help with this, I finally got to the end and finished. I'm looking at Chaos Strikes Back now. I seem to recall this was a tester with some difficult little problems. So I may be back looking for help.

Hawkslayer.
Hawkslayer...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Well done!

There are a few threads of people who - successfully - attemped such a herculean task. Good luck :)

Return to “Dungeon Master II: The Legend of Skullkeep (DM2)”