Latest most complete version of dm2gded and dmdc2?

Chat about "The Legend of Skullkeep", the true sequel to the original Dungeon Master.
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
RPGmc72
Novice

Latest most complete version of dm2gded and dmdc2?

Post by RPGmc72 »

I recently installed what I thought is latest version from 2015 but I keep an old version and what do I see? The 'newest version'

I know the forum is dead, as is my plan to do things on this old game for much longer but still.. I wondered how I did things in the past, here is how:

Hopefully if newer versions are uploaded they won't go backwards in removing features
Sphenx
On Master

Re: Latest most complete version of dm2gded and dmdc2?

Post by Sphenx »

Could you please tell me the precise versions you compare ? You'll find that in the about panel : Rev number and date.
I will then try to see what happened to the new version.
RPGmc72
Novice

Post by RPGmc72 »

The version that has Flags and lists all explanation in Commands is Rev 9 2014-3-18. Both show this version in the About, one of them has Date modified 3/26/2015 and I got it from https://github.com/gbsphenx/skproject/releases - this one is newer and lists Creatures and Weapons, also lists the Monsters for Cooperative/Enemies, etc but misses all the Flags and Descriptions that were found. Also it would be nice if there is a ZIP/ no install, the second is install version.
Sphenx
On Master

Post by Sphenx »

Thanks for the information. I've been able to check the differences.
The problem comes from old version of param files : "CommandTextDesc.ini" and "Descriptor1.csv".
Take the ones from the working DM2GDED -- the one showing the flags and champion edition -- and copy them into the last Rev 9 folder.
It should then now work with the last version of DM2GDED. Tell me if it is OK.
I will then later fix that on the release package.
RPGmc72
Novice

Post by RPGmc72 »

Hi, yes, overwriting these files on the new installed folder of dm2gded makes it show the flags, descriptions of the old version and the new descriptions of the latest version, thanks.

Return to “Dungeon Master II: The Legend of Skullkeep (DM2)”