Bloodwych

Got a favourite DM type game? Enjoy Eye of the Beholder? Adore Amberstar? Cherish Captive? Discuss these and more here!
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
MadMunky
Adept

Bloodwych

Post by MadMunky »

Shameless plug as I've reopen my bloodwych site and plan on updating.

Anyone who doesnt know what bloodwych is I recommend checking it out.

http://www.bloodwych.co.uk
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: Bloodwych

Post by beowuuf »

Welcome back!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Wow, welcome back, where have you been!? :)
MadMunky
Adept

Post by MadMunky »

Thanks, I've been around just not really been posting.

I Dont really get a lot of time to play games these days but just worked my way though LoG and after talking to people on the forum who knew nothing of Bloodwych I thought id reopen the site. Im also trying to learn VB.NET and just brought myself Dark GDK.NET so im hoping to start playing around with bloodwych related stuff again (Most likely a Game Editor for the moment then see how it goes)

Anyways the site I'll try and update this week and I forgot how bad it was so no more dodgie Java Menu (I cant see that on my iPad :()
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Yay for dropping the Java menu; I was going to suggest that (It's broken in my version of Chrome too) :-)
raixel
The Dungeon Master Cylinder

Post by raixel »

Yeah, I tried it. Its broken on Firefox too, I cant select anything. Well, it selects but nothing happens. I'm running noscript but I whitelisted the site, so I dont think thats the issue cuz it displays properly I just cant do anything to it. If it was noscript, I couldnt even see it.
MadMunky
Adept

Post by MadMunky »

I'll get rid asap

Gambit: Any ideas whats the best way of doing something similar these days CSS Nav Bar?
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Search google for "CSS dropdown menu", there's lots of different ways of doing it. "Suckerfish dropdowns" is old, but should still work...
HoraceAndTheSpider
Neophyte

Post by HoraceAndTheSpider »

Hello people

I'm going to perform a bit of thread necromancy as my first post here!

I've recently ressurected my Bloodwych mods and attempts to ReCompile the game, and now hosting it on GitHub; https://github.com/HoraceAndTheSpider/Bloodwych-68k

I've some problems with Extended Levels source, but the original game seems to be working OK. Still - I'd welcome input from anyone with some 68k knowledge who might be keen to see some new dungeons & levels appear!
Sphenx
On Master

Post by Sphenx »

That's interesting! Really looking forward to this. I have been able to mess a little with dungeons format and stuff with the PC version. Do you mean that you are able to produce a working game from this code ?
HoraceAndTheSpider
Neophyte

I wish i had switched on some kind of notifications for this thead, but yes - its possible to compile a working game from that source. There's some areas around the 'crack' for the copy protection needed, but this only affects disk access, which can be avoided by installing the game to an Amiga HardDrive.

Since posting the above, i have also done a bit of work on my new level set 'Book of Skulls' which can be played online via AmigaLive dot com
HoraceAndTheSpider
Neophyte

Hi Dungeon fans.

After over 12 years of development, I have finally produced a working beta for the Bloodwych level set 'Book of Skulls'

At the moment, the download is a self-booting hard-drive in ZIP format, but this could be unpacked and run for original hardware if preferred.

I've also produced a manual for it, with the full backstory included within.

Downloads are here:

Cover Art:
http://www.djcresswell.com/bloodwych/fi ... -Cover.png

PDF Manual:
www.djcresswell.com/bloodwych/files/Boo ... al_1-0.pdf

ZIP File Release: (Self booting Hard Drive)
www.djcresswell.com/bloodwych/files/Blo ... 1_BETA.zip

The beta is also avaialble via AmigaLive.com to play online with your friends - just load the 'Bloodwych&ExtendedLevels' entry and the game will be available from the custom menu.

Hope a few of you will enjoy it, and do let me know if you find any bugs!!
Sphenx
On Master

Post by Sphenx »

Incredible work ! Blodwyn :shock:
I have even loaded it (partially) in my engine (nice, I will get more material to play with)
Going back to play :)
Bit
Arch Master

Post by Bit »

Hey HH!
Being mentioned in the credits, I feel great! Think the last contact we had is 5 years ago now.
I did not continue with the Atari-C-Version, especially because you guys decided to stay in assembler.
In my version I was stopped by finding a bug, understanding that I carried it already over more versions and I wouldn't go a long way back.
So today I even couldn't say anymore in which state my source is. However, there are things enough that keep me busy, but I spend a lot of respect that you're still with it all the time!
HoraceAndTheSpider
Neophyte

Sphenx wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:45 pm Incredible work ! Blodwyn :shock:
I worry with this comment - I didn’t accidental leave Blodwyn with super testing statistics did i??
I have even loaded it (partially) in my engine (nice, I will get more material to play with)
Going back to play :)
There’s a few code loopholes I used , so if you need any help with things that don’t seem to behave right, or data extracts, let me know :)

Some of the patches are straight into the hard-coded map changes (like the effected area of using the crystals) too...
HoraceAndTheSpider
Neophyte

Bit wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:24 pm Hey HH!
Being mentioned in the credits, I feel great! Think the last contact we had is 5 years ago now.
I did not continue with the Atari-C-Version, especially because you guys decided to stay in assembler.
In my version I was stopped by finding a bug, understanding that I carried it already over more versions and I wouldn't go a long way back.
So today I even couldn't say anymore in which state my source is. However, there are things enough that keep me busy, but I spend a lot of respect that you're still with it all the time!
It’s a shame, but I understand . Your work was in valuable though and has gone into the source code which is on GitHub now, so of course the credit is well deserved.

I’d still kill for some of your knowledge so that I could get the Extended Levels to recompile properly though!!
I don’t think I want to edit that one with patches like this, as I think I could add some much better new puzzles if I can actually add just a few lines of code!
HoraceAndTheSpider
Neophyte

Hi again

I've updated the beta to fix the problem with Blodwyn being pre-loaded with too many goodies!

www.djcresswell.com/bloodwych/files/Blo ... _BETA2.zip