Bloodwych HTML

Got a favourite DM type game? Enjoy Eye of the Beholder? Adore Amberstar? Cherish Captive? Discuss these and more here!
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: Bloodwych HTML

Post by Gambit37 »

I always love doing those sorts of high-res updates but realistically I no longer have the time. I'd better not commit myself - currently rebuilding our house & garden, setting up a business, building products and trying to write a gamebook....! Never enough time.....
terkio
Mon Master

Post by terkio »

Graphics in Bloowitch are terrible. Especilaly the flat side view of enemies
High Res would be interesting, but the kitch look of Bloodwitch with the original graphics is pretty good, though.
Two versions may be ?
"You can be on the right track and still get hit by a train!" Alfred E. Neuman
oh_brother
Son of Heaven

Post by oh_brother »

Very nice. I never played Bloodwych, so I am looking forward to this.

Works for me in Firefox now by the way.
MadMunky
Adept

Post by MadMunky »

Thanks all for the comment, we are still working hard on this so all comments are welcome.
MadMunky
Adept

Post by MadMunky »

New version uploaded...

Just some of the new stuff which has been added and I can currently remember :)

Pause Game
Save/Load Game Desktop Only (Press 5 to save and 6 to Load, I am making a table friendly UI and save slots currently)
More Spells
Arrows Work
Screen Flashes like being hit by a spell or falling down a pit
Updated Combat and Character Leveling
Removed 10FPS limit and set to 60FPS
Switch/Pad Fixes
Gem/Crystals now work
Potions Usable/Working

I'm sure there is more also but give it a try, Im pretty sure the game is now playable to the end but it is very much not finished :)
eddkidd
Neophyte

Post by eddkidd »

Hey madmunkey, I am nota massive gamer, nor programer, love this game though. I have played it up to furtherest point possible (stuck in some sort of loop,on last level!)and thought I giv you some feedback. not criticism the games great, but few anomalies i've picked up on,.. played this a lot back in the day.

on my Mac, safari loader screen stuck at %50 not working.
on my mac, chrome working pretty well up until level 5 Zendicks tower, there a point where the game freezes, at first you cant move, though the selector icons flash, then the game freezes completely. If you try to restart the game at this point it appears to load but just loads a blank screen. annoyingly, I think this is right near the end!!! I'll try to add an image of the map, where it shows "A" &"B" on this seems to be the trouble spot.

General stuff,
cannot commend / correct, this is supposed to affect your teams behaviour (not sure bout that)
cannot curse or boast, cussing out the monsters in this game was always a great bit, may I suggest you get an bit creative with the curses :D
cannot buy or sell, the conversation often states "would you like, generic" or"***** sell" things like that.
this has meant none of the shops were of any use, and it was not possible to converse with any monsters. Not that that is really worth doing.
on the game I have been playing the Fighter class seem to get offered two spells per level, and the Mage only one. This should be other way round.
though could actually be a benefit if you started the game with four fighters.

otherwise seems to be pretty much spot on
thanks