DungeonTreasure, The Sci Fi Dungeon Adventure Game!

Got a favourite DM type game? Enjoy Eye of the Beholder? Adore Amberstar? Cherish Captive? Discuss these and more here!
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Captainx01
Neophyte

DungeonTreasure, The Sci Fi Dungeon Adventure Game!

Post by Captainx01 »

Greetings Everyone,

(I wasn't exactly sure where to create this post. Feel free to move it if need be.)

My name is Captainx and I have been a lurker on this site for quite some time. Many years to be sure. Recently, I had a life changing positive event happen to me which gave me something so few have these days. Time. With a lot of time on my hands I decided I wanted to work on a project. After 6 Months of writing custom code, creating graphics, sourcing sfx/music and lots of debugging, I am proud to present :

Dungeon Guild, The Retro Sci Fi Dungeon Adventure Game.

The Pitch:
You take on the role of a paid mercenary seeking your fortune in a dystopian future investigating the frontiers of space. Environments range from ancient alien ruins, underground complexes to derelict star ships and abandoned star bases. Delve through dungeons infested by armies of demonic aliens, uncover relics from the past and discover the secrets hidden by alien races a millennia ago.

Be warned, this game is like no other you have ever played! Adventures are painstakingly designed, not randomly created. Mysteries and puzzles are hand crafted to challenge players. This game will not hold your hand like today's RPGs. It is an epic rogue based DND adventure game that will engage your imagination and challenge your intellect!

Features:
- Multi-facetted open ended storyline
- Hand crafted quests ensure meaningful detailed adventures
- Solve mysteries, riddles, avoid pitfalls and menacing traps
- Explore caves, catacombs, sewers and dungeons on different planets
- Complete challenging mini games that pop up unexpectedly!
- Find 100's of items both valuable and mysterious
- Fight unique creatures with unique attack styles
- Choose from 16 different hero classes and character types
- Learn magic to cast over 40 different spells
- Find magical weapons, armor, and clothing
- Website player updates
- High Score table

To visit the site and view the trailer, visit: http://www.dungeontreasure.com

Screen Shots:

Scoring:
Dungeon Master is not a game with scoring. I decided that I wanted to have scoring in my game. This would create healthy competition between players. My wife is the only person so far who has beaten Mission 1, besides me. You will see her name, "Novice", on the high score table. I created a neat feature where the game can send data to the website. So, when you complete a mission, your high score is sent to the high score table and saved in the database. As well, as you complete each level, the scrolling marquee will update the news with your latest conquest.

What exactly is Dungeon Guild ?
Dungeon Guild is built upon the rules of Dungeon Master using DMJAVA. The first mistake you will make is assuming that it is a DM clone. It is not good sir! The code has been extended to include many unique features never before seen in this class of game. Dungeon Guild challenges players in ways you will find to be quite unexpected and unique. I will not reveal any more information about game play to avoid any spoilers.

Trust that I am a Dungeon Master player from the days of the Amiga 500(1 meg extended). You are in good hands my fellow adventurers. I only wish I could play my own game without any prior knowledge of its inner workings. The adventure your about to go on is a roller coaster ride like no other.

Thank you
I wanted to extend my hand and say thank you to everyone here. The people who run the forums, the users who have created various Dungeon Master tools and to all the users who contribute and share knowledge on these forums. You are an inspiration for all of us creative types. Keep the torch lit my friends!

Final Comment:
Read the installation instructions carefully. Be sure to turn off any virus software as it will prevent the mini games from launching. Be sure to let me know what you enjoyed about the game. All the best!

Your Friend,

CaptainX :D
Play DungeonGuild, the Retro Sci Fi Dungeon Adventure Game! Visit DungeonTreasure.com (*Bows to Alandale and Solito!*)
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Re: DungeonTreasure, The Sci Fi Dungeon Adventure Game!

Post by Paul Stevens »

turn off any virus software as it will prevent the mini games from launching
Ouch.
Captainx01
Neophyte

Re: DungeonTreasure, The Sci Fi Dungeon Adventure Game!

Post by Captainx01 »

Hello Everyone,

I updated the mini game code and then did a full scan using AVG. No threats found.

Comment:
It seems like AVG wasn't happy with code I am using to make a specific mini-game appear on top of all other windows. Code replaced. AVG is happy. :D

Thank you,

CaptainX
Play DungeonGuild, the Retro Sci Fi Dungeon Adventure Game! Visit DungeonTreasure.com (*Bows to Alandale and Solito!*)