[Custom dungeon] Dragon Tomb [RTC] [Zed5Duke]

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Zed5Duke
Um Master

[Custom dungeon] Dragon Tomb [RTC] [Zed5Duke]

Post by Zed5Duke »

Version: V26-S2 for RTC V0.49
Platform: RTC
Author: Zed5Duke
Date published: 2009, July 9
Date last updated: 2009, December 21

Story:
Somewhere in the middle of a dark elven forest lays the tomb of Tiamat the dragon and his legendary treasure. Many people like you before have come here for riches and glory however it is not so easy a task. Most have died in the deep labyrinths filled with traps, riddles and monsters.

Aim:
Each part of labirynth have few alternate ways to next level and whole dungeon is divided to stages: every ways lead to some point of next stage, where again begin many choices. Adventure elements around, you meet many dead but also alive adventurers, which like you come here to find dragon treasure. This should give some replayablity and breaking points, to avoid boring or stuck on some riddle or opponent.

Notes:
In the Hall of Champions each character has the same standard attributes. To get some experience at the beginning select a profession by clicking on statues! Therefore each person could start with any profession, and you could take a small but better party, or a large and less experienced team (this also makes better replayability). Also, there is a new feature which increases stats by profession amulets.

Known bugs:
This is a demo, and not finished. However it has a great atmosphere and is very promising!

Hints and comments:
Graphic:
Mix of classic DM2 with new; low and hi res gfx. New wallset, items, scenery and some new monsters. Every items i will drawn myself in low res, so should be large amount of original stuff to find (already its +50 weapons!)

Items:
Each item will have description to better manage equipment. Weapons have brand new attack methods and are divided to quality levels and damage methods (sharp, blunt)

See project site for more informations, progress and downloads: http://dragon-tomb.blogspot.com/

Download:
Download this dungeon from this Shared OneDrive (in the 'Custom Dungeons' folder)
Last edited by Zed5Duke on Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mindstone
Adept

Post by Mindstone »

Extremely impressive new sprites!

I'd just change the names of some the characters a bit though. Their a bit too normal (e.g. Roger :P)
Spears of Valour: My free-to-download mass fantasy game! https://www.wargamevault.com/product/46 ... sy-battles
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

a new project, great news !
i wonder why you provided the txt file and the custom gfx/sounds in your release. there's no need of those for test players except for cheating...
however, i had a quick look at it and... uh ? what the ... ? these are my inventory graphics !!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
ahhhhh.... i don't care actually, but you should have asked me for the *real* files instead of spending time grabbing them ;)

my remarks concern the way you implement custom gfx and sounds in your dungeon.
- don't use wav format, too big. except if you plan to use only those 2 files.
- you mixed high res and low res gfx, which looks weird imho. i noticed that you made low res icons for items so why not doing the same for wallsets, alcoves and even inventory and portraits ?

anyway, nice start ! keep the good work :)
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Yes, exactly what Linflas said -- remove the graphics and TXT file from the zip! Players don't need them -- just the compiled RTC file!
Zed5Duke
Um Master

Post by Zed5Duke »

Linflas

-your inventory is best, let me use it (yes i should ask before)
-mix of low and hi res gfx was also used in Might & Magic 6 where it works and i liked it, so i dont think its bad concept
-finall version will contain only dungeon file
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

No, you should update the zip now by deleting the TXT and images! You're giving away all the secrets by including the TXT and graphics! Anyone can open it in the editor and see it!
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

There's nothing inherently wrong with that, just don't be surprised if someone cheats. ;)
Crash.
Adept

Post by Crash. »

I like it! Please keep up the good work.
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

i finished the demo and i must say that i really like that dungeon. new concepts, new objects, everything looks really promising ! excellent work on the atmosphere :D
THOM
Artisan

Post by THOM »

I have finished your demo, too.

So far, here are my comments:

I liked
- the atmosphere in whole, espcially the parts with music.
- your new bitmaps. The wallset is great. (and your forest-end-graphic, too)
- your ideas for puzzles and traps.
- the inventory-bitmaps you have choosen ;-)

I disliked
- the mixing of high and low res graphics. This desroys the inner imagination of the look of your dungeon (and IMHO it is not a good explanation for that by using a bad egsample...)
- the strength of your monsters. OK, this is just a demo but as far as the champions are not really blessed with talents it is (at this moment) impossible to fight against one - you can even be killed by a bat!

Alright. Thats from me. Keep up your good work!
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

THOM, monsters are not that hard if you level up your character at the beginning by
Spoiler
clicking on the statues
THOM
Artisan

Post by THOM »

linflas wrote:THOM, monsters are not that hard if you level up your character at the beginning by
Spoiler
clicking on the statues
Oooooh, I havn't discovered this! :shock:

Alright, I will improve them next time.
Zed5Duke
Um Master

Post by Zed5Duke »

Am back to first concept of project relase as open source, so you may check new progress made.
Joramun
Mon Master

Re: [RTC] Dragon Tomb (under construction)

Post by Joramun »

Is this dungeon still under development ?
What Is Your Quest ?
Zed5Duke
Um Master

Re: [RTC] Dragon Tomb (under construction)

Post by Zed5Duke »

Its over, but i will use some graphics and concept from DT in new dungeon. This new have better design, atmosphere, adventure elements, much more graphics, original inventions. In some moments look similar but its different game.

I hope this time will not stuck in big project, well already have more experience, before it was almost chaotic improvisation, now am 90% design 10% build. Relase time around weeks or month, hard to say.