[Custom dungeon] Dark Abyss [RTC] [Zed5Duke]

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
vexirk356
Craftsman

Re: [RTC] Dark Abyss

Post by vexirk356 »

Got the 3rd coin more by luck than judgement by standing by the wall that says gold left and clicking around, then if by magic the gold coin appeared. I am now down in the room where no magic works and I am completely in the dark fighting a skeleton. Did someone say you could use the magic dust here to make light (cos I tried) or was that somewhere else.
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Yeah, Zed said it was there, but I didn't have this dust. See my comment somewhere above - in my case, when the light went totally out, the light spells didn't work even when I climbed back up from the room, don't know if it was a bug or intended, but I had to restart the game from a previous save and finish the room only by short sequences (climbing up before the light goes totally out - strong light spell - climbing down - looking around in a haste - climbing up - ....). But there is only one important thing in the room -
Spoiler
a key
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
vexirk356
Craftsman

Post by vexirk356 »

I have the key and climbed back up again. I have the magic dust as I said but it doesn't work (even outside the dark room). Does this mean you have to continue the rest of the game in the dark!!! I would have thought that by starting the game from a previous save that you are still going to have the same problem.

Zed its over to you.
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

I don't think you can continue playing the game in the dark, especially because the lock to the NOH passage then disappears (not only invisible, it just disappears)! As I said above, the only way I found is to go into the dark chamber for short "visits" so that you return up before the light goes out totally, cast some torch/light spells and get back. Don't know if there's any dust-related solution.
vexirk356
Craftsman

Post by vexirk356 »

Think there must be a flaw here which Zed should put right. If the magic dust doesn't give light then there must be some sort of flaw in the game.
money
On Master

Post by money »

I found that if you go into the room (where it goes dark) and only step on the center square, the tile in front of the alcove and the square's either side of the food then it never goes dark - it was only when i stepped on the corner squares or ran about frantically... unfortunately this means you must finish off the skeleton before getting the key.... Otherwise i had the same problem once it was total darkness spells and dust had no effect!
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Hmm, interesting, I didn't know that. Must really be a bug. You can kill the skeleton by climbing ("stepping") on him - if you're lucky enough. Actually, the only thing you need there is the key (and the ring, but not vitally), so it's doable even if the skeleton is still alive.
Zed5Duke
Um Master

Post by Zed5Duke »

I dont given value for darkness action, maybe thats why it work so weird. Already am slowly progress on build new version, where fix few bugs, add new graphic, make larger dungeon.
vexirk356
Craftsman

Post by vexirk356 »

Well I took everyones advice and managed to overcome the dark problem. Got to the end with all the keys thinking that stepping into the teleport was going to take me on somewhere to use them and that was it. Bit disappointed really. All those keys and nowhere to go. Still thanks once again Zed5Duke at least you are writing new games for us to play and that is very much appreciated.
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Since I'm currently gathering version information and backup data:

Am I right in assuming that Dark Abyss was entirely created and compiled and tested and played with RTC/RTCEd V0.49?

Would you maybe be willing to provide the source files for backup purposes, please? Of course only you decide whether they are just stored or whether they would be released publicly.
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.