[Custom dungeon] Dungeon Master II - Legendary [RTC] [Durandal]

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Durandal
Neophyte

[Custom dungeon] Dungeon Master II - Legendary [RTC] [Durandal]

Post by Durandal »

Version: 1 for RTC V0.49
Platform: RTC
Author: Durandal
Date published: 2009, July 7
Date last updated: 2009, July 9

Story:
Did you enjoy Dungeon Master II? Do you think it would have been more fun if it was a little more difficult?

That's basically what this "custom dungeon" is. I made a ton of modifications to increase the difficulty of good old DM2. All credit for the actual dungeon goes to George Gilbert and FTL.

Saying much more would be spoiling for some, so...

Notes:
I've playtested it once myself, and it should be free of any bugs. Please let me know if you find any and I will fix'em! Any other comments, questions, concerns, or emotional outbursts are also welcome!

Some juicy details:
  • Spoiler
    Torham is no longer forced - your party starts empty, and he's in a mirror. His stuff is still around, though.
  • Spoiler
    No more crazy money from rapid-spawning Axemen, Fairy Caps, etc. - you'll need to conserve your cash.
  • Spoiler
    No freebie Morningstar at the beginning - you'll still find a decent weapon, but you'll need to level a bit to use it's good attack modes.
  • Spoiler
    Nabbing the Clan Key pieces won't be so easy this time - be prepared!
  • Spoiler
    You'll find some new monsters floating around. I used only ones that I thought fit decently with the graphics theme of DM2.
  • Spoiler
    Finally, Lightning Bolts can be useful...
  • Spoiler
    Fury swords have more... longevity
  • Spoiler
    The Numenstaff now does it's Triple Fireball of Death attack - or at least pretty darn close.
  • Spoiler
    Excsymyr's Melee hits twice as hard, as in original DM2.
  • Spoiler
    Vorax and Blue Steele rebalanced also - these 3 now form a sort of "top tier trinity" of weapons.
  • Spoiler
    More arrows early on from shops.
  • Spoiler
    Many, many other minor changes.
Download:
Download this dungeon from this Shared OneDrive (in the 'Custom Dungeons' folder)
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Re: [RTC] Dungeon Master II - Legendary

Post by Trantor »

Even though I don't really like DM2, this does sound interesting. I might eventually try it when I feel up to playing DM2 again, but looking at my current schedule (both work and private), it will at least be several months before I try this.
Oh, and welcome to the forums! I'm always glad when we attract new members, especially when they are productive in regards to custom dungeons. :)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Indeed, welcome!

I've already added your dungeon to the dungen list, I will give it a try at some point!
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Welcome, Durandal! :D

Well - the name Durandal kind of rings a bell, but I can't remember... is it from Tolkien's Middle-Earth?
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
Sealtiel
Craftsman

Post by Sealtiel »

Welcome, Durandal! I'm glad you did that, as DM2 was good but really easy. And the only place Durandal rings a bell from me is that it was one of the "master's" names from Breath of Fire 3.
Durandal
Neophyte

Post by Durandal »

Thanks guys! The dungeon started as a simple "fix what's broken" mod for my own purposes and expanded from there. After discovering the site and trying a couple of other dungeons (haven't finished any yet), I figured I might as well share what I had done.

My name comes from a few sources. Durandal was the sword used by Roland, one of Charlemagne's paladins. It's also the name of a particularly awesome AI in a series of Doom-era games called Marathon. Made by Bungie. The 2nd game in the series is available on Xbox Arcade as Marathon: Durandal.
Lunever
Grand Druid

Post by Lunever »

Hi!

I'm currently trying to gather version information and backup data for all custom dungeon.

Can you confirm that DM2-Legendary has been made completely with RTC V0.49?

Would you maybe be willing to provide the source files for it for backup purposes? Of course you still decide yourself whether they are just backupped or whether they shall be uploaded publicly too.
Parting is all we know from Heaven, and all we need of hell.
antraxus
Artisan

Post by antraxus »

Hi everyone
Can someone give me a hint how to get the onyxkey past the seal?
i managed to throw it past but then i m still stuck on the seal
Any help would do thx
sweey
Neophyte

Post by sweey »

antraxus wrote:Hi everyone
Can someone give me a hint how to get the onyxkey past the seal?
i managed to throw it past but then i m still stuck on the seal
Any help would do thx
I know your post is really old but....

To get the onyx key you have to put the skull key back in the alcove that both were in.