[Custom dungeon] Bloody Hell [RTC] [Zed5Duke]

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Zed5Duke
Um Master

[Custom dungeon] Bloody Hell [RTC] [Zed5Duke]

Post by Zed5Duke »

Version: 1.0 for RTC V0.49
Platform: RTC
Author: Zed5Duke
Date published: 2009, October 17
Date last updated: 2009, October 17

Story:
Its parody of dungeon games, and leading element is humor, but beside that it contain normal puzzle, treasure, monsters, traps, so you may play it as normal dungeon. I tryed to make something totally different, with many original ideas.

Notes:
Graphic: DM1 (many new stuff from available DM1 gfx, read item descriptions!)
Size: around 10 levels
Difficulty: medium
Style: experimental, funny

Download:
Download this dungeon from this Shared OneDrive (in the 'Custom Dungeons' folder)
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Re: [RTC] Bloody Hell

Post by Jan »

Oh, great, thanks, Zed! It looks great so far. :D I'm on level 3 or 4 now.

Erm... how do I get to the alcove on the first level with the flask and a necklace? Is it possible to close the trap door?
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
RAF68
Lo Master

Post by RAF68 »

me I have play have dungeon a lot and I owes reconnettre that best dungeon for me is those of zed5duke I can say it for me it is a big creator I admire all his dungeons and me waits with impatience for the following to continue zed5duke for our biggest pleasures and thank you for all!!!

moi j'ai jouer a beaucoup de dungeon et je doit reconnettre que les meuilleurs dungeon pour moi sont ceux de zed5duke je peux le dire pour moi c'est un grand créateur j'admire tous ses dungeons et j'attend avec impatience les suivants continuer zed5duke pour notre plus grand plaisirs et merci pour tous !!!
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

OK, I'm stuck. How do I get across the trap door on level 3 or 4 - the text on the wall says "Do something and you will have trouble..." and "So what will you do now..."? There are so many special items and so many text and scrolls, but I don't see any solution. Does it have something to do with the alcove nearby?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Walk out again? Sleep and wait?
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Beowuuf, are you sure. Where do you have to go to and how long do you have to wait?
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Well, I was able to solve the first problem - I got the flask and the necklace, and I reached my first priest level. But I'm still not able to cross that trap door at "So what will you do now...". And I'm starving. :( Are you playing it, Beo?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Not yet. Need to do some stuff, might check it out tomorrow evening or over the wee next week!
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Jan

How did you manage to get the necklace and flask. I don't know how you got to Priest Level as I can't even come near to casting anything yet. I am just wondering if you need to throw anything at that lever. I have tried it using rocks and a dagger but to no avail. Wonder if it is a spell of some sort. Where is Zed when you need him?
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Why am I taking notice of Beowuufs hints when he's not even playing the game!!! lol
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

@Master:
Spoiler
You have to close the gate behind the floor pad (one of the two that held the mummies - you push the button in the cell and step outside quickly), and then throw something on the pad from a distance (a sling or a staff) - the object will be stoped by the gate and will fall on the pad. It will close the trap door to the alcove with the flask. Get the flask and the necklace (and wear it) and throw something again on the pad - it will open the trap door and close the trap door that lead to the cells so you can retrieve the objects you threw.
But I'm still stuck at the second trap door. I've tried sleeping, throwing everything I had on the lever, putting everything I had in the alcove, waiting, killing myself, starving to death, smashing the lever with a fireball, casting Zo spell on it. Nothing. The scroll talking about glowing alcove and the "per aspera ad astra" are probably hints, but I don't get the point. There are so many magic objects around... :(
Last edited by Jan on Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Because i rule all!

Nah, just giving an idea, it's what I would/will do if/when I get there. Didn't you notice the '?' :D And sorry, we obviously double posted the first time and I didn't notice your comment under Jan's!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

"To the stars through difficulties"

Throwing star somewhere thrown to the worst place? do you have a war grapple to go through a roof? Hmm, might play this tonight instead, sounds intriguing.
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Of course I've got the war grapple - it's Zed's dungeon! :) I've tried it everywhere twice. I've even tried casting Zo Kath Ra and putting it into the alcove. Throwing it everywhere. Nothing. And, yes, I know the translation "to the stars...", and no, I don't have a throwing star. I'm not THAT stupid, although I'm obviously VERY stupid. :)

There is probably some hint in the scrolls and on the wall texts, but I've overlooked it. The problem is that there are too many magic and "special" objects, many scrolls and texts; and there is no food, so I'm starving to death. I'll probably have to restart it.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Jan

Don't know if you have found this yet
Spoiler
If you go to where the mirrors are you will find a coin in the fountain. You can use this in the same coin slot you used to open the cell but this time you get a sword in the alcove
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Am at this part now, so won't check the hint until I've solved it. I just loaded it up to see what it was about, but when you have a hook like you have for a game, then come on! You just HAVE to play it, dammit! :(
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

the master wrote:Jan. Don't know if you have found this yet...
I know it. I feel like in Monkey Island - "using everything on everything". I left the game for now and will wait for the others to solve the "To the stars through difficulties" puzzle, because my imagination is exhausted. Must be something terribly obvious. :(

PS Getting the flask and necklace from the alcove was very good puzzle - very smart, Zed, I liked it a lot! :)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I'm not sure I would have thought to check the effects of the switch from the other side without you mentioning it Jan! I just figured out the range of a scroll and threw it over though :)

Anyway, DM D&D game must come first, getting on with some stuff in that. Gave up shopping to play Zed's game! Will try to hit them tomorrow after walk. Will probably go back to the stars puzzle later tonight with a fresh brain. I'm really surprised you've trained so much you have wizard levels though, I've only got one priest level! A little worried if this is necessary to gain access so some of the item powers.

Wonder if the heretic items are for flavour? Wonder if the tedy bear is better or worse since your master pointed it out...

Again, really love the concept of the dungeon, the start had me laughing hard.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Oh, and boy am I stupid, I just twigged what the 'when sky open rain must fall' means!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Jan, the solution is one I didn't want to grind for to try, but I gained a few levels in ninja/priest looking for a key on the floor (RTC painful for those things) so went to try again.
Spoiler
The drop doesn't auto-kill you, so just take it and the key appears when you go back
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Bloody Hell! I had found the solution a few minutes before reading your post - but I also found that I've spent so much time on the levels above that I'm running out of food, and I starved to death when fighting the Eye! I have to start the game again! Awww. :( Bloody Hell!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Ugh, that sucks, food is just beyond that door on the next level. And also the amusing reason the teddy bear remains were highlighted to you.

I forgot that RTC doesn't let you have zero food or zero water and also inflicts damage :(
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Hmmm, strange, I restarted, found the food, but I didn't find any use for teddy bear... or did I? Well, maybe later. I shall go to bed now, or I get mad. This is a fantastic dungeon - I was ROFL when I saw the "Made in China" sandals and other things...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

And....finished!

So the stamina is much better, the food was maybe a challenge but it is actually catered for (ahahahaha) right when it is needed. Funny premise, funny execution, some nice puzzles and the unfolding story and set pieces (and the heresy items) were cool. Oh, and the incidental characters too.

Oh, and though I personally miss the little language clue puzzles, an interesting way to have alternate versiosn of that. Plus the AC references were back on items, and now they had accuracy too! Nice touches.

Anyway, fun little dungeon to play - a pleasure as always Zed, without any mechanics frustrations for this one so enjoyed it all the way through.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

@Jan : Oh, never saw the 'made in china' on the sandals! When you check one of the master's portraits he taunts you that you were made from a teddy bear, so the description ties up and shows why he pointed you to it. Just fun flavour text!

Same with the end, the library ties things up so don't miss it if you find the lab first
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

OK, finished too! :D

In 59 minutes 44 seconds! 18 walls bumped into! :)

I was a bit afraid at the end, first the ambush, and then... other things... it looked complicated... but it was actually very fast and nice.

I like this dungeon a lot, Zed! I was a bit critical with Black Gate, but Bloody Hell was fantastic! It has a great atmosphere with an excellent "storytelling" during the game, a lot of nice and clever puzzles concentrated in a small area, good mechanics, everything works fine, and there are some tough fights. I really liked the number of new objects in the dungeon and amount of fun in it - I was really laughing many times at the objects' descriptions! It's well balanced - and the character has enough stamina! I got stuck at the "stars" trap door, and I onced starved to death, but it's doable. The only drawback is that it's too short. But it's maybe better, because it's so addictive that I would spend all day at the computer if it was longer! :)

Five stars this time, Zed, from me! :P

So - well done, Zed! I'm looking forward to playing another dungeon made by you! :D

EDIT: Best part:
Spoiler
"Listen, there is no time to waste, you must... *something about saving the World*... then find my family and say I will be late on dinner!"
:D
RAF68
Lo Master

Post by RAF68 »

I follow block a text at level 2 on the said wall: TURN BACK AND go BRAVERY NOTHING WILL STOP TRUE HERO, and a hatch to close under my feet
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

check the walls...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Jan wrote:EDIT: Best part:
Spoiler
"Listen, there is no time to waste, you must... *something about saving the World*... then find my family and say I will be late on dinner!"
:D
Especially when you consider what you look like!
Zed5Duke
Um Master

Post by Zed5Duke »

Hey i see you have already finished the game, well i expect that some parts may be too hard, but maybe its no need to fix it. About dungeon size, my first idea was to make it longer, but then i changed my mind and make surprising turning point to make it different from usual dungeons. Most of items dont have purpose, they are for better atmosphere.

Please make alternate download link, because zshare storage it shortly.