Ravenhood 2.1

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Zed5Duke
Um Master

Ravenhood 2.1

Post by Zed5Duke »

DOWNLOAD
mirror1: Ravenhood 2.1.zip - 18.85MB
mirror2: http://www.moddb.com/mods/dungeon-lore
mirror3: http://dmweb.free.fr/Stuff/files/dun ... %202.1.zip

This is open world, multi dungeon game with full freedom of actions, so it should be possible to finish it by many different ways.

Pick character and turn front to npcs, they have dialogs and sometime quests.

Almost everything was changed in part 2, this is not continuation of previously story. It contain many custom graphic and sound (so far my record amount of them) also new spells, items, inventions dont seen anywhere else.
Last edited by Zed5Duke on Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:27 am, edited 6 times in total.
the master
On Master

Re: Ravenhood 2 (under construction)

Post by the master »

Look forward to this one as much as I have done for all your past dungeons. Thanks Zed
Zed5Duke
Um Master

Post by Zed5Duke »

I have new method to create sprites from modified M&M paperdolls and items.

Lot of territory for exmplore, so also need many monsters, they are from:
-lands of lore
-eye of the beholder
-dungeon hack
-might and magic (not monsters from that game but modified heroes inventory pictures)
Last edited by Zed5Duke on Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I think Eye of the Beholder also used this trick to a limited degree. That's cool! I remember your various skeletons with fondness. Be cool to see this with other screatures, especially if it is much easier to do!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Personally I found that not having a back view really destroys credibility of enemies' movement. It's just not convincing.
Zed5Duke
Um Master

Post by Zed5Duke »

beowuuf wrote:I think Eye of the Beholder also used this trick to a limited degree. That's cool! I remember your various skeletons with fondness. Be cool to see this with other screatures, especially if it is much easier to do!
Am already used few different version of EoB guard (also brand new modified) for arena gladiators in one area in this dungeon, but it was limited in possibilities so i look for other concepts and found this. Domina from hell is one from my favourite monsters so i begin from create army like skeletons previously. Its relative easy, what i like most is unlimited possibilities.
Gambit37 wrote:Personally I found that not having a back view really destroys credibility of enemies' movement. It's just not convincing.
Am use three different pictures, so you may recognize during battle when sprite is harmless (stand side or back in classic monsters) Its front, attack and "side". Also possible fourth picture to recognize retreat, but am just set fearless in monster stats so they never escape, easy solution. Yep, at begining they look like not convincing moving pillar but then i used face emotions, animations side-front, front-attack and they become more alive. After tests i can tell that idea is worth to continue.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Monsters still retreat when they are low on health, or caught under a closing door -- with your designs, they will turn away from you but still be facing you. I think it looks stupid which is why I won't use creatures without a back view.
Zed5Duke
Um Master

Post by Zed5Duke »

new screen:

this is multi dungeon, already have two complete, one in 50% one in 30%
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

Nice wallset. Where is it from?

The font looks a little weird. It could just be jpg artifacts, though.
Zed5Duke
Um Master

Re: Ravenhood 2.0

Post by Zed5Duke »

I take many graphics from Might and Magic 6-8 textures are perfect for walls, and paperdolls+items for new monsters. To extract MM gfx, sound use MMArchive

EDIT
Ok its completed, download link in first post.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Copied Ravenhood 2 into the Modules file for RTC 49 but its not showing up in the list for some reason.
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

True, same here. :| Zed, please, try to compile the game and upload the file once again. Or I don't know.
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

tried to put it in modules/ravenhood2 directory. the directory is seen by RTC but not the file into.. maybe Zed compiled a dungeon with no description ?
"The only way out is another way in." Try Sukumvit's Labyrinth II
Zed5Duke
Um Master

Post by Zed5Duke »

Strange, it work during compile but somehow dont show RTC file in directory
There is description, dont known where lay problem
Lord_BoNes
Jack of all trades

Post by Lord_BoNes »

RTC bombs out with "critical error - file corrupt" :( Definately not a message I like seeing....
My guess is that you may need to upload the file elsewhere (it could be that the file was corrupted while downloading/or while you uploaded it)... try finding a different file-sharing host.

As you probably know, I use Mediafire, it's slow and it doesn't allow multiple connections... however, it's never corrupted one of my downloads (and generally whenever I upload a file, I download it back onto my PC to see if there's going to be any issues/corruption). Once one of the admins here download it, they might even host it here for you... :P

1 death is a tragedy,
10,000,000 deaths is a statistic.
- Joseph Stalin

Check out my Return to Chaos dungeon launcher
And my Dungeon Master Clone
Zed5Duke
Um Master

Post by Zed5Duke »

I changed description texts, removed music and now it show in directory and run normal. Now i will try back music, and test agan whole game to be sure its no dead ends. New download link later.
Lord_BoNes
Jack of all trades

Post by Lord_BoNes »

Good to hear. Keep us informed.

1 death is a tragedy,
10,000,000 deaths is a statistic.
- Joseph Stalin

Check out my Return to Chaos dungeon launcher
And my Dungeon Master Clone
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

[quote="Lord_BoNes"]RTC bombs out with "critical error - file corrupt" :( /quote]

Sounds like your download corrupted, the file was fine. And I did put an alt link too!
Zed5Duke
Um Master

Re: Ravenhood 2.1

Post by Zed5Duke »

Problem lay probably in file size, am convert soundtrack from MP3 stereo to OGG mono, and in less size it work. This version should be ok, new download link in first post, moderator please update alt link because first version 2.0 dont work.
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

this time it works fine, i've already done lots of exploration and complete most of quests from tavern customers. impressive work on wallsets, especially interiors like the temple/library.
Zed5Duke
Um Master

Post by Zed5Duke »

During tests i found that vi altars work strange, but i dont known how fix them. After first death everybody get 25hp, and later when level up its decreased to this value. This is clone from original altar with different graphic, i dont see options to change anything here.
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

I don't think many people use VI altars. I think most of us just reload the game if one character dies. In my case, I never use it, mostly because a VI altar is pretty useless if you have only one champion in your party. :) So I don't think it's a major flaw, Zed.
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

I'm astonished! It's absolutely superb, Zed! I only wanted to start the game to look "if it works", but I had to stay there for about half an hour. The amount of new ideas you've put in the game is incredible! You're improving with every new game, Zed! Thanks and congratulations! :D

One slightly off topic question: what music is it that starts playing when you push the blue button at the musicians? I really like it. Must be very famous, but I don't know it.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Vi altars under the original DM engine used to take a few health points from you, to a floor of 25. In custom dungeons, with characters below 25 health, you actually would go up to 25 health.

Is this what you are seeing? Even if not, it sounds liek the mechanisms behind this are behind the bug. Maybe there is a setting in the editor to alter this behaviour, or maybe it's an otherwise unobserved bug with 0.49
Soaponarope
Artisan

Post by Soaponarope »

That is how it works, though it can take more than a few points from you if you have a lot of health to start off with. It's a percentage off your total health that is taken as a death penalty.

Characters really shouldn't have less than 25 health anyway, as anything short of screamers will probably kill you in one hit.
Zed5Duke
Um Master

Post by Zed5Duke »

music: garmarna, straffad moder & dotter

altars: knights lost some advantage in hp amount, but beside this its ok, anyway there is spell resurrection to be found in
Spoiler
druids temple
test: yesterday am finished testing and seem like its no dead ends but please report if something behaviour strange, it take me 7 hours to explore everything, most deadly fight was with
Spoiler
king
played 2 characters in team

future updates: i see few details which possibly could be better, and maybe i will extend adventure to more places for explore
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

This game is incredibly large. I've more or less finished the starting tavern only to find that it is "just the beginning". Wow! :P

But what is the objective? Is it to accumulate various treasures? Because I'm playing with one character only, I wonder if I have to carry all the treasures with me or keep them in the tavern to avoid overweight (not that I would have too many treasures right now, lol).
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

that's only the beginning, but i haven't been able to progress a lot outside the tavern. most of places cannot be open...
Zed5Duke
Um Master

Post by Zed5Duke »

Game is around 4x size of tavern and each place is connected to one profession/skill. So for example if you play druid its better to begin explore druids temle, because there you will find all spells from that skill etc. Talk with npc to find clues and follow it to make progress. If you have problem to enter four major places, here is tip: there is connection between them and secondary places
Spoiler
(attic, stone circle, arena, mansion)
Last edited by Zed5Duke on Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adamski
On Master

Post by Adamski »

Zed, I've got
Spoiler
three magic orbs (ruined mansion, druids temple and dark fortress)... where is the fourth orb?
any clue?