Up'n'down

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Florianm
Novice

Up'n'down

Post by Florianm »

Download this dungeon from this Shared OneDrive (in the 'Custom Dungeons' folder)

UP'N'DOWN

Your aim is to kill Dragoth.
I created it as a farming dungeon, so you'll have to fight. You'll have to fight. And also to fight.
There are not lots of puzzles at all. You should not fight with your brain.
Graphically, I'm really fond of original DM graphics. So you won't find any new graphics, just DM walls and DMII thicket.
My aim was to make a very huge dungeon, so it's quite big, but not so much.

I made this dungeon for me. I followed my own taste of playing DM (for the last time : I like to fight).

Nevertheless, I think it can also be quite challenging beating it.
And I think there are some original ideas.
That's why I offer it to you.

I hope you'll have a little fun. If not, sorry for wasting your time.

(27.01.2012 link edited)
Last edited by Florianm on Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Re: Up'n'down

Post by Jan »

It took me about 15 minutes to find the Hall of Champions! :wink:

No, seriously, I mean, thanks, I'm looking forward to playing the game! It looks quite interesting! Something for my little grey cells! :)
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
RAF68
Lo Master

Post by RAF68 »

hellos you could send me on my email address thank you because I can not take a link on your thank you
my e-mail adresse is: spam biehler DOT raphael spam AT neuf DOT fr spam
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

RAF68 wrote:hellos you could send me on my email address thank you because I can not take a link on your thank you
my e-mail adresse is: spam biehler DOT raphael spam AT neuf DOT fr spam
File sent.

fichier envoyé.
Sophia
Concise and Honest

Post by Sophia »

I edited your posts to obfuscate the email address, lest spambots grab it.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Sophia wrote:I edited your posts to obfuscate the email address, lest spambots grab it.
Just love the word "obfuscate". First time I have ever seen it used. Well done Sophia for remembering it.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

I am enjoying playing this! Is quite different - seems very large!

Seems to be a few unchecked monster generators though.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

And way too many instant death buttons!
lazyman75
Neophyte

Post by lazyman75 »

Hmm, I'm stuck. I can't open 2nd door in area with series of doors next to "Fun fun fun" area (downstairs). I explored all 3 "worm paths", go 3 keys, but the turquoise key which is supposed to open 2nd door doesn't seem to work. Or am I missing some other key? I thought there would be something in the "Look behind" area, but no key.
Any help ?
Also I can't find a way to find "the end" of the stone mine (the usual place with zokathra socket in the wall), 2nd level is like 1 small corridor only ?
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

I'm stuck at the same place too.
Florianm
Novice

Post by Florianm »

There are 3 ways, but 5 keys. You have to go several times in some of the worm paths.
The small corridor is not the end of the stone mine. Look there carefully. You need a particular object that you'll find in the fifth shop.
Look behind is not important, it's probably the only place where you don't have to go.
JCG
Mon Master

Post by JCG »

I've been stuck for a few days now.
Spoiler
.I've reached a small circular room in the 3rd underground level and fed 8 zokathra spells. It created a luminous swirl, but then nothing.
.I've not been able to go either up or down in the South-West tower (with the water elementals).
.can't access the stairs in the cemetary. Is it a way out only ?
Well, at least this is a dungeon where my team has no risk to get hungry :D
Florianm
Novice

Post by Florianm »

Spoiler
1) This swirl is here to create the firestaff (just go into it with the simple firestaff). Yes, it's not obvious, I could have indicate it clearly. But the firestaff is not important for the ending. And this room is a side way, not leading to the end.
2) Water elementals : it's just a little room with a little treasure, no tower.
3) Yes the cemetary has just a way out only stairs. The holes are the only way in.
JCG
Mon Master

Post by JCG »

Still stuck:
Spoiler
I can't reach the South-West part of the 3rd, 4th and 5th underground levels.
I can't go beyond the large room with many pits and its counterpart two levels below.
I have also opened the small room nearby, with the unlit fireplace, but the door at the end of it leads to a wall I can't open.
Florianm
Novice

Post by Florianm »

So you probably have to
Spoiler
lit the fireplace

I see there is a lack of hints for this part.
So you need to buy
Spoiler
1. 3 pieces of red and black rock
2. Two glass objects
3. A white thing that a hound would give you back
And one very important thing if you reach this part : DON'T KILL (the hound) THOUGHTLESS !!
Spoiler
Kill it wisely...
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Can someone give me the file (or Florianm, can you refresh the rapidshare link) and I can provide a mirror for the dungeon here.

Edit: Also, did you happen to do the Tomb of King Hissssa way back for PC DM?
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!
Florianm
Novice

Post by Florianm »

The link is edited.
Sorry, I don't understand what you mean with Tomb of King Hissssa. You want the original file ? Some modifications ? A continuation ?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Cool, will check it out later. As to the Tomb of Hissssa, I was just checking you were the author - I seemed to recall enjoying it when you relaised it (if it's the one I think it is) :D
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

Florianm
Novice

Post by Florianm »

Ah yes, it's me.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Cool, glad you are still making dungeons :) Link updated!

Seriously Unserious
Master Superior

Post by Seriously Unserious »

I've explored all I can in this dungeon so far and am now stuck.

I'm currently in
Spoiler
the area with viper demons and 2 circles of black flames. There's a column in the middle with alcoves in it but I can't reach it. Every time I try I get teleported back to the entrance and all the monsters reset. I could use some guidance here as there are no clues as to what I'm supposed to do here
I also can't find the key to get past the first locked door in the rock mine. I've gone through all of the towers except for the one in the SW corner, which I saw a water elemental in it using a window spell. I've also made it past the worm tunnels, found all of the keys in there and got as far as
Spoiler
the area with 2 locked doors, one looks like it needs a ra key, the other a master key, I haven't found either of them yet, I assume I need all the Oh and Ful keys to get at them.
I hope someone can help, I'm really enjoying this game and would love to be able to finish it.
Seriously Unserious
Master Superior

Post by Seriously Unserious »

OK, I found the key I was missing, it was camoflauged on the floor and I never saw it for a long time. I went back to the rock mine, took a much closer look and there it was, sitting right there on the floor where a monster had probably dropped it when I was first there. :oops:

I still can't figure out that
Spoiler
demon and black flame area though
luke41
Craftsman

Post by luke41 »

In case anyone remembers this dungeon please help.
I miss a YA-key - so I cant enter the room after the hound-with-bone-riddle. The only area where as I can see from the map I havent explored completely is the Knights-part downstairs. The stairs are closed - and I probably need TWO onyx-keys to open them. However, when killing the knights, I got only ONE...
I run around, checked all walls, killed a lot of other knights respawning, even tried to destroy the wooden doors - but nowhere the second onyx-key... I suspect the second onyx-key is somewhere in the knights area - in this game all "usual"-keys needed were always on the level/area where one needed them, not somewhere else.. Or maybe not? But I checked all other areas...
Any idea?
Florianm
Novice

Post by Florianm »

Hope you enjoyed it! I didn't even remember what I did in this dungeon, but I have a notification so I took a look and : yes, there are two onyx keys, each one hold by a knight (one by an DM style animated armour, one by a CSB style deth knight) just one step from the keyhole. As it looks like a silver key, you could have let it stuck somewhere on the floor in this stage ?
luke41
Craftsman

Post by luke41 »

Thanx! I will search the area up, maybe I missed it somewhere - or I killed that knight in the mushroom-area and it lies there somewhere between the "green salad"...