[RTC] Rickard Cave

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
r0ck
Novice

[RTC] Rickard Cave

Post by r0ck »

Update:

Cave is finished!

Download this dungeon from this Shared OneDrive (in the 'Custom Dungeons' folder)

Hey mates,

I am building a dungeon for my dad and mom which loves Dungeon Master. It can not be hard at all since they are a bit slow with things and rather have a puzzler before the action. I am down to 3 levels so far and I would love some of your feedback on the dungeon.

I am also new to this forum and I gotta say that I already love it :).
Last edited by r0ck on Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: [RTC] Rickard Cave

Post by beowuuf »

A little late in the UK to check it out now, but I'll try it later in the week.

And welcome to the forums!
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

cannot download from filedropper (blacklisted site from my work place :P), any alt. link ?
"The only way out is another way in." Try Sukumvit's Labyrinth II
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

I don't have time to check this out myself, busy working on too many other things, but there are lots of others here who can test it for you. Cheers r0ck :-)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

i'll put it up on here tonight linflas
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Just completed it as far as you have got. No problems or dead ends so far. Think you are going in the right direction as far as puzzles and strength of creatures are concerned. I really look forward to the finished dungeon.
r0ck
Novice

Post by r0ck »

the master wrote:Just completed it as far as you have got. No problems or dead ends so far. Think you are going in the right direction as far as puzzles and strength of creatures are concerned. I really look forward to the finished dungeon.
I am really happy to hear this :) I will continue on this project tonight. Thank you for your feedback!
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Sneeky one with the fireballs and the door on the second level. Had me thinking for a while on that one.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Added the alternative link for anyone that needs it
r0ck
Novice

Post by r0ck »

the master wrote:Sneeky one with the fireballs and the door on the second level. Had me thinking for a while on that one.
Hehe, like intended then ;). I am done with 2 more levels of the dungeon now and I will finish it soonish because my first Cave for my fox shouldnt be to long :). I will start on another project after this "Training" I get with doing this one thought, one alot tougher for people on this forums :twisted:
r0ck
Novice

Post by r0ck »

I just finished my dungeon ladies and gentlemen! If you decide to play it I would love all feedback possible for my future projects. Remember I didnt want to make it to long or hard since it is for my parents primarily.

http://www.filehosting.org/file/details ... ickard.RTC
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Updated the DM.com link so you don't have to give your e-mail address to the filehost people.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Fun little romp. I think everything should be understandable even to a DM newbie (perhaps not spells). Only one flask might be evil if someone manages to do something foolish to get rid of it. Wasn't sure what the DES potion was for, didn't know what the first set of footprints led to either (didn't find a hidden area there).

Also missed the portcullus and alcove near the giggler, could not find a way to get it back up again. Was it simply a bonus if you moved quickly enough to get it?
r0ck
Novice

Post by r0ck »

beowuuf wrote:Fun little romp. I think everything should be understandable even to a DM newbie (perhaps not spells). Only one flask might be evil if someone manages to do something foolish to get rid of it. Wasn't sure what the DES potion was for, didn't know what the first set of footprints led to either (didn't find a hidden area there).

Also missed the portcullus and alcove near the giggler, could not find a way to get it back up again. Was it simply a bonus if you moved quickly enough to get it?
Thank you very much for your feedback and playthru :) As it was my first cave ever I missed out on some things, like the DES potion. It has no use what so ever, wasnt meant to be in final release. First footprints is just a "teaser" to not find the solution for the second ones as easy. And yes, the giggler is a bonus if you are fast enough :). Again, thank you for playing the dungeon!
RAF68
Lo Master

Post by RAF68 »

I played and finished your dungeon I loved the beginning with music that fits well and gives a good atmosphere,
but I find the games too quickly finish the next version will be longer??
r0ck
Novice

Post by r0ck »

RAF68 wrote:I played and finished your dungeon I loved the beginning with music that fits well and gives a good atmosphere,
but I find the games too quickly finish the next version will be longer??
Glad you liked it! Yea, next Dungeon will be bigger :) Thank you for trying my dungeon!
RAF68
Lo Master

Post by RAF68 »

no problem I really liked your dungeon ;)
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Hi!

I've been enjoying playing your dungeon when suddenly it was all over! I defeated an army of trollins on level 3 or 4 or so, came to a black door and got a final message with congratulations. I'm not sure if I played only a demo or the full version? I definitely didn't open most of the doors in the Room of Mysteries (or something). The file has 2 596 085 B - can you tell me if it's the full version or not?
(I had some difficultied when downloading the file so I started more downloads from the multiple links in your first post and as a result I don't know which one I've downloaded :oops: )

Anyway, as I said, I did enjoy playing it! I like this traditional-style dungeons with the original graphics. There were some nice puzzles and fights that were tough but still doable and not frustrating and it all worked well.
r0ck wrote:they are a bit slow with things and rather have a puzzler before the action
Me too so it was exactly my cup of tea. I liked it! :D

Oh, only a small note: because I usually play with one character only I - er... - I got rid of one of them at the beginning and played with one only. I hope the characters did not represent your parents (it's so nice to build a game for your parents!) because I don't want to be in a position of... er... killing your father. :wink:

And the last note - I haven't played RTC for some time so I was very surprised by the new and smooth graphics. Is it somehow derived from the Dungeon Master HD presented in the other thread?

I'm looking forward to playing more your dungeons! Thank you for this excellent one! :P
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Jan
you have reached the end. The dungeon only consisted of 4 levels. Also the 2 characters did represent his parents so in effect you will be going to prison for life. :D
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

I downloaded the version in the first post - I guess this is the unfinished one.

The alt link deosn't work, DM.com is down.

The other links ask for an email address - I enter it but it won't send me the link!
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

It takes a while to send prepare the link on that e-mail one, that and worry over giving people your e-mail address are the reason I mirror these things!

Weird, I have had success and failure downloading from DM.com. It's on there, keep trying. Two successes and two failures, so maybe try again later.

Here's a direct link, not that it shoudl matter:
http://dmweb.free.fr/Stuff/files/dungeon/Rickard.RTC
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

All sorted, the email came! Finished in 23 mins and 14 secs. Fun game, bits I must have missed
lord soth 75
Adept

Post by lord soth 75 »

@ r0ck
I downloaded it..and its brilliant!!

Good work. :)
Romero and Carmack NEED to re-group.Modern gaming needs to be saved from the greedy bastards who are ruining it all.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Jan must have the full version as the Mysterious rooms wasn't included on the first release which ended on level 3.
r0ck
Novice

Post by r0ck »

Jan wrote:Hi!

I've been enjoying playing your dungeon when suddenly it was all over! I defeated an army of trollins on level 3 or 4 or so, came to a black door and got a final message with congratulations. I'm not sure if I played only a demo or the full version? I definitely didn't open most of the doors in the Room of Mysteries (or something). The file has 2 596 085 B - can you tell me if it's the full version or not?
(I had some difficultied when downloading the file so I started more downloads from the multiple links in your first post and as a result I don't know which one I've downloaded :oops: )

Anyway, as I said, I did enjoy playing it! I like this traditional-style dungeons with the original graphics. There were some nice puzzles and fights that were tough but still doable and not frustrating and it all worked well.
r0ck wrote:they are a bit slow with things and rather have a puzzler before the action
Me too so it was exactly my cup of tea. I liked it! :D

Oh, only a small note: because I usually play with one character only I - er... - I got rid of one of them at the beginning and played with one only. I hope the characters did not represent your parents (it's so nice to build a game for your parents!) because I don't want to be in a position of... er... killing your father. :wink:

And the last note - I haven't played RTC for some time so I was very surprised by the new and smooth graphics. Is it somehow derived from the Dungeon Master HD presented in the other thread?

I'm looking forward to playing more your dungeons! Thank you for this excellent one! :P
Hello Jan and thank you for trying my dungeon! Damn you for killing one of my parents haha, good its only a game :) I appreciate your feedback and overall it seems you liked my cave! Which ofcourse enlighten me to continue doing dungeons :). I am as we speak working on "Grimrock", my next dungeon which will be alot longer than this one. Thing is that the cave had to be somewhat short for my parents to be able to have time to finish it :)

And yea the graphics i used is the new "HD Version" that light made among the forums. Cheers to you light btw! :) Again thank you Jan :)
r0ck
Novice

Post by r0ck »

PaulH wrote:All sorted, the email came! Finished in 23 mins and 14 secs. Fun game, bits I must have missed
I am glad you liked it! :)
r0ck
Novice

Post by r0ck »

lord soth 75 wrote:@ r0ck
I downloaded it..and its brilliant!!

Good work. :)
Thank you very much lord :) I am working on my next one as we speak :) Cheers.
r0ck
Novice

Post by r0ck »

beowuuf wrote:It takes a while to send prepare the link on that e-mail one, that and worry over giving people your e-mail address are the reason I mirror these things!

Weird, I have had success and failure downloading from DM.com. It's on there, keep trying. Two successes and two failures, so maybe try again later.

Here's a direct link, not that it shoudl matter:
http://dmweb.free.fr/Stuff/files/dungeon/Rickard.RTC
Hello, I just wanted to thank you for the mirrors and such. Awesome that it can we downloaded directly from this site :)
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Not a problem! I don't know what was happening before, but hopefully it's hassle free so people can play your hard word! Understandable but a shame that many free download places have a few hoops to jump through or many advertising bits popping up.

I'll always try to put such mirrors in to your own posts so you can edit/remove them if you update, etc.
THOM
Artisan

Post by THOM »

Finished this nice little one!
Also it is just a training-project I would like to recommend some things:
- choose a more dramatic end next time ;-)
- if there is one character who is a ninja at the beginning, give him something to do (i.e. wappons, puzzles etc)
- I detected - well, not a dead end for this game, but maybe for another one: you can grab the green gem from behind the open door. Then it closes - and you can not get back... no problem, if it is not nessecary, but if...

All in all a good game in traditional manner.