[RTC] Dungeon Survival 2

Custom dungeons for RTC
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Zed5Duke
Um Master

[RTC] Dungeon Survival 2

Post by Zed5Duke »

DOWNLOAD
Download this dungeon from this Shared OneDrive (in the 'Custom Dungeons' folder)

In part 2 am changed rules, now you need team to complete game.
Improved: graphic and sound, amount of puzzles and crafting, story.
Its brand new dungeon, bit larger with other champions (beside pixie)
Minimal playing time is 8x longer than DS part1 (value taken from tests)
Last edited by Zed5Duke on Tue May 22, 2012 5:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lord soth 75
Adept

Re: [RTC] Dungeon Survival 2 (under construction)

Post by lord soth 75 »

Cool.
Looking forward to playing this.I enjoyed playing Dungeon Survival 1.
Romero and Carmack NEED to re-group.Modern gaming needs to be saved from the greedy bastards who are ruining it all.
RAF68
Lo Master

Post by RAF68 »

I eagerly await your dungeon :)
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

More even supply of food.
lord soth 75
Adept

Post by lord soth 75 »

I would suggest making the starting characters a little more powerful.
One of the problems with Dungeon Survival 1 was that a few of the fights were sadistically difficult,and unfair.

The majority of monsters could kill you with 1 or 2 hits,which is fine.....if the battleground is designed fair.

The battle with the skeletons and the Beholder in Dungeon survival 1 was a perfect example of an unfair battleground,because the fight outcome was based more on luck than skill.The monsters had the 100% advantage.
If you want to place very low HP starter characters in tough encounters against Pain Rats/Beholders/Skeletons (Who can kill in 2 or 3 hits) then the characters should be allowed a fighting chance...either with better weaponry,OR a battleground in which you can fight them strategically.

The battles mentioned above took place in key area's,but the main problem was....the key area's were corridors. (The pain rat battle most notably..which led to the games main food supply)
The Beholder/Skeleton battle was unfair because it was far too easy for them to surround you,due to there being no escape from the room.
If an encounter is tough,then the player should at least have the luxury of an escape route to a set of stairs ect.

That being said,i thoroughly enjoyed Dungeon survival 1,and in many ways the main criticism is that it wasn't a large enough dungeon.
Romero and Carmack NEED to re-group.Modern gaming needs to be saved from the greedy bastards who are ruining it all.
Zed5Duke
Um Master

Post by Zed5Duke »

It was fair in balance between characters for example warrior dont need to solve puzzles but he get more difficulty battles. Some players like challenges on battlefield others dont like to fight at all but solve puzzle. If somebody dont like extreme challenges then his choice would be ninja. Well that was my concept.

Scale of difficulty 1-3 for characters is something like this:

Profession | Fights | Puzzles
Warrior 3 1
Mage 1 3
Ninja 2 2
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

lord soth 75 wrote:One of the problems with Dungeon Survival 1 was that a few of the fights were sadistically difficult,and unfair.

The majority of monsters could kill you with 1 or 2 hits,which is fine.....if the battleground is designed fair.
That's a typical Zed's dungeon. You'll have to get used to it. Some people might like it, some not, but we already know that Zed won't change this. I got used to it.
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

I found the fights relatively easy with the warrior charachter.
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

The "final
Spoiler
antman
" with the Poet was an absolute nightmare. I had to reload the game for about 20 times and when I finally managed to defeat him by a chance after two hours or so the Poet had three or four bodyparts wounded and was virtually unable to walk (one step took him about 2 seconds). As a result I got completely irritated and deleted all the DS1 files from my computer in anger :lol: and thus was unable to complete the game :lol: . But I hope I was close to the end. :wink:
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Jan wrote:The "final
Spoiler
antman
" with the Poet was an absolute nightmare. I had to reload the game for about 20 times and when I finally managed to defeat him by a chance after two hours or so the Poet had three or four bodyparts wounded and was virtually unable to walk (one step took him about 2 seconds). As a result I got completely irritated and deleted all the DS1 files from my computer in anger :lol: and thus was unable to complete the game :lol: . But I hope I was close to the end. :wink:
oooh temper temper
lord soth 75
Adept

Post by lord soth 75 »

Jan wrote:. But I hope I was close to the end. :wink:
iirc,there was another couple of levels after the trolls/ant man boss battle.
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

*facepalm*

And, yeah, I'm a very temperament character. :)
Zed5Duke
Um Master

Post by Zed5Duke »

In DS1 Poet have powerfull offence spell: holy water, its actualy better than fireball because storaged in flasks which fit into missile bag after explode empty flask lay on floor and may be reloaded again. Unless character must solve puzzle to get it.

Playing warrior in DS1 was not that simple to stand in front of monster and hit, its not even that simple to dance around him because other monster will hit you from back. In my opinion its hell fun, but in fact relative easy if you complete, repair and upgrade all armours, but this require spend time on crafting.

Ninja in DS1 have good distance weapon, also require crafting to build bow and upgrade arrows, they are effective as fireball.

Wizard in DS1 have advantage to join faerie which can cast black magic to summon monsters and best healing skills. Unless both are fragile. In part 2 its only one spellcaster which can learn priest and wizard, but am made more nasty puzzles.

DS2 is designed to be more difficulty because its for experienced players who finished part 1
lord soth 75
Adept

Post by lord soth 75 »

Zed5Duke wrote:
Playing warrior in DS1 was not that simple to stand in front of monster and hit, its not even that simple to dance around him because other monster will hit you from back. In my opinion its hell fun,

DS2 is designed to be more difficulty because its for experienced players who finished part 1
You cant 'dance around' creatures whilst locked in a room with no escape,particularly when the monsters split into groups and surround you,and there is a RTC Beholder waiting just behind them.
Add the fact that they can kill you with 1 or 2 hits....and the logical conclusion,is that the fights are not balanced properly.If they surround you..You die.

The 'crafting of items' you keep harping on about is a good feature....But,it wasn't particularly logical at times.
Using a human bone and dead rat fur to create a pair of 'Leather boots' doesn't make much sense.Nor did i feel that making the boots made any sense to the problems i had with lack of food.Did the effort taken into creating the boots make any difference to my characters resiliance? I didn't feel it did.
My gripes with lack of food were eventually solved due to the frantic actions of trying everything and anything.
Spoiler
A bag of flour thrown onto an oven (and it was never made obvious that it was an oven) would not logically make a loaf of bread
Similarly
Spoiler
mixing rust dust with a piece of wood (club) to make an uber war club doesn't make much sense either
The crafting is good.But..if it is to be a game feature,then it has to make sense.And these features should carry on into the next Dungeon survival game,so that a sense of familiararity can be experienced by players of the first DS game.
Once a set of rules has been established,they need to be stuck with.
I feel you will make the crafting of items even more convoluted in the new game as a means of pulling the rug from underneath the player even further.

Dungeon Survival was the first custom dungeon i have played......and it was good fun.
Im still of the belief that the starting characters needed more hit points.
But,im looking forward to playing your new dungeon Zed. :)
Zed5Duke
Um Master

Re: [RTC] Dungeon Survival 2

Post by Zed5Duke »

Part 2 is completed and tested, download in first post.
lord soth 75
Adept

Post by lord soth 75 »

I'll try out your new dungeon this weekend hopefully Zed. :)
cocoetnono
Journeyman

Post by cocoetnono »

hello!
I start DS 2 this afternoon, and i'm already stuck
Spoiler
in the place with all the scrolls, i've killed every ants and and there is a door with a skeleton behind i can't pass...
I can't make torch with the big bone, it's dark for me now!
i can't get back to the start of the dungeon, cause there's a flame on my way who is killing me.
i don't know what to do
Please help!
bruno
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

I have translated the wall texts -
Spoiler
I need to use a Life potion to pass through a door. How do I make it?
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

How did you manage to translate the wall text?
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

I saw a few patterns
Spoiler
Lo = A, and so on. Is no Y and Z.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

I have sorted out the level down the stairs but have no idea what to do with the 2 shooter holes to open the iron door.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

cocoetnono wrote:hello!
I start DS 2 this afternoon, and i'm already stuck
Spoiler
in the place with all the scrolls, i've killed every ants and and there is a door with a skeleton behind i can't pass...
I can't make torch with the big bone, it's dark for me now!
i can't get back to the start of the dungeon, cause there's a flame on my way who is killing me.
i don't know what to do
Please help!
bruno
Bruno are you still stuck.

Clue 1
Spoiler
the door with the skeleton behind it. There is a ring to the left,click on this and then just bash the door.
Clue 2
Spoiler
the flame can be stopped by using the scroll you found on the left of the main room just after you passed over the fire. Just drop it on the flame
Clue 3
Spoiler
If you stand in front of the flame the ants or flies can't get you so you can sleep and get your energy back.
Clue 4
Spoiler
The door with the mummies can just be smashed
cocoetnono
Journeyman

Post by cocoetnono »

Thank you the master,
Spoiler
i've finally pass the door with skeleton and door with mummy, i've managed to make a fry pan, a grapple and a torch, i've found a bow and arrows. But now i don't know what to do... Down the stairs, it seems there's nothing else to do, so i think the dungeon's continuation is on the start floor, behind the iron door. I've managed to open one of those doors by putting wet sand in the fire hole, but i have only one wet sand, the others are just call "sand", so how can i do "wet sand"?!
thank for any help
cocoetnono
Journeyman

Post by cocoetnono »

ok i'm now at the
Spoiler
door who need a life potion, and i have the calice but only "murky water"
some help?
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Spoiler
Where did you find the chalice, and how did you make the grapple?
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Yeh come on spill the beans.
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

I've done it ;-)
Spoiler
Combine the rust and rope.
the master
On Master

Post by the master »

Paul
Spoiler
how did you make the rope to combine with the rust?
I have the
Spoiler
belt
PaulH
Ghastly gastropod

Post by PaulH »

Spoiler
I combined two belts
cocoetnono
Journeyman