AndyBoy's RTC Editor Feature Requests

Use this forum to discuss additional RTC utilities (other dungeon editors, graphics generators etc).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
andyboy_uk
On Master

AndyBoy's RTC Editor Feature Requests

Post by andyboy_uk »

RTC Editor v0.1 Feature requests (in development)

I have edited the announcement post rather than make a new one.

As you all probably know by now there is a dungeon editor for RTC on the way. In fact I am probably coding it while you are reading this message and Cowsmanaut has probably been drawing some art for it this very day.

The core of the engine is getting pretty close to being complete now so what I wanted to throw out there is what people want to see in it

Planned are the following:-

- Full layout design of the dungeon
- Filtered object placement (game and dungeon features)
- Intelligent placement (it checks as you go along to make sure you havent done anything strange)
- Easy to use navigation of the whole editor
- Configurable user preferences (INI file) with graphical preference editor
- Easily expandable object and property vaults (text files)
- User customisable object placement (for sets of objects that an author uses all the time) to speed up design time
- Import and Export to and from RTC Text files
- Save and Load to editor file format (holds extra information for the author while developing a dungeon)
- Automatic decoration of a dungeon (to user specification - random percentage of floor and wall tiles)

So what else do people want to see? Post a topic in this forum prefixed with "Editor Request" and if it gets implemented I will edit the topic title to reflect that.
Last edited by andyboy_uk on Thu Jun 05, 2003 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,

Andy