New Graphics

Use this forum to discuss additional RTC utilities (other dungeon editors, graphics generators etc).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

New Graphics

Post by cowsmanaut »

here they are so far.. there are the alcoves done already too.. but you've seen all of them already..

only a few actual new ones in here.. lets see if you can guess what they all actually are. :)

http://dmweb.free.fr/Stuff/files/tiles.jpg

moo
andyboy_uk
On Master

Post by andyboy_uk »

The haze's and teleporter are new, and I love the "wet paint" for the fake pit :)

Will chop those up later on. Currently the editor puts the base tile down and then puts masked images over the top of them, so I could use the backgrounds being made shocking pink (255,0,255) as I have fixed the masking problems now. Certainly for items this would be useful as there can be multiple items on each square. Same for monsters.

Any chance of this cows, the tiles are looking slick as usual ;) chop them up and put them in the editor probably tomorrow. :)

Cheers mate, much obliged.

A
Regards,

Andy
PicturesInTheDark
Arch Master

Post by PicturesInTheDark »

Yes... the "wet paint" sign and the little red critter are nice... what the image next to the keys is I could not explain yet... can you help me out there?

Regards, PitD
andyboy_uk
On Master

Post by andyboy_uk »

*shrugs* Puddles, or water elementals? maybe
Regards,

Andy
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Isn't that a pile of armour? The one I'm not sure about is the one step ladder....?
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

No need to chop them up.. I'll do that since I have them all saved as tiles already. The power pink stuff I can do easy enough but they should be done so it makes sense to do that.

I think in some cases you should just hold your mouse over and to the right in a window it should show all things on that tile since the GFX are too small to be able to show properly more than one thing per corner at a time.

The thing beside they keys is armour yes. The "step ladder" is a fake wall I was trying to show it not being solid.. perhaps something else would be better. I think on it more..

moo
andyboy_uk
On Master

Post by andyboy_uk »

Maybe the wall tile that you can see the Floor tile through, that could be cool.

Im going to use the armor for "stuff" on the floor, and a key if there is a key in the pile of "stuff". So dont worry too much about further floor items.

Cheers cows.
Regards,

Andy
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

I was going to do one of each definable item. Food, keys, armour, clothing, sheilds, weapons, scrolls, chests, gems/coins, and flasks/potions/wineskins.
andyboy_uk
On Master

Post by andyboy_uk »

Thats not a bad idea cows, but what if there is a key and a gem on the same square. Do you think it should be represented by one icon or both.

This isnt me beign awkward, Im opening up for suggestions, as I could (I guess) do it either way?
Regards,

Andy
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

well you could show the top most item.. Again.. they should be able to see a list of items anyway when clicking on a corner of a tile.

moo
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

ok so what's the deal on the PNG's? I notice you have a whole whack of them in the zip but I can't open them.

I'm looking at alpha posibilties as you well know. That means TIFF and PNG. I know you say the power pink is your deal but it always looks soooo horrid. I'd sooner make alternate versions to cover all bases than do that for most things. Right now there is only one real instance where I can really see the need for it and that would be the shadow area I've made.. it helps sell the 3D aspect of things and it can be made a 32x32 image rather than th 64x64 that the tiles are so it would save memory. Surely one or two alphas couldn't hurt right? ;)

or perhaps a greyscale image that the white can simply be made transparent and the greys translucent and the black opaque. essentially what an alpha does but it's just on it's small values as a indexed image or something? 16 colours greyscale.

moo
andyboy_uk
On Master

Post by andyboy_uk »

Im looking into the transparency map idea at the moment, will post back with details when I find some.
Regards,

Andy