RTCED Suggestion - Graphics alignment feature

Use this forum to discuss additional RTC utilities (other dungeon editors, graphics generators etc).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

RTCED Suggestion - Graphics alignment feature

Post by cowsmanaut »

ok since I realised that in the other post I was asking for something *ENTIRELY* different from what was being asked there.. I figure I should make a new thread.

Ok.. here's the explaination:

you are making a dungeon.. you've gone through the process of making say.. a flag to hang on the wall. Now in order to have a bit of a shadow underneath (since george has not implemented things like alphas) you need to paint the flag on an existing wall image. This means precise positioning in the dungeon view. The only way to do this currently is to type in the values and it's hit or miss. You get it wrong and you need to go back in and adjust the values and recompile untill it's right where you need it.

For someone like me who's gone through the effort of making new graphics for RTC one of the draw backs has been trying to place them correctly.. my new fountain for instance.. or bits of moss.. I had to adjust.. look.. go back adjust.. look.... etc.

What would be better is a window view where I could load in my dungeon graphics and test their alignments either using the mouse to position them right and store the values or use the arrow keys to shift them.. whatever works.

This is about immdiate feedback about placement and then having the values written to the dungeon file along with the map info etc which is what we would need to do from scratch at this point before compiling our dungeons.

This will be invaluable for people who wish to make a DM2 map for RTC using the ripped images.. or people grabbing EOB1&2 graphics and making a map for those etc etc..

hopefully this all makes sense.

moo
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Yay! I second this, especially as I've put a whole DM2 wallset into RTC and it took BLOODY AGES to get all the alignments correct.
andyboy_uk
On Master

Post by andyboy_uk »

This is something I had on the cards for a little while, It will be done. In fact as it is quite different from the existing editor, it might become a seperate little tool.

Like I said, there is a HUGE update coming to the engine at the moment, this sort of thing can be added fairly easily. As well as a CHARACTER editor as well :)
Regards,

Andy