RTCED Custom Bitmap Replacement Interface

Use this forum to discuss additional RTC utilities (other dungeon editors, graphics generators etc).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
andyboy_uk
On Master

RTCED Custom Bitmap Replacement Interface

Post by andyboy_uk »

yeah, and lets see more editors....!! :roll:

/andy skulks back into the corner. :wink:
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

hey andy, maybe you could work on a cool interface for custom bitmaps placement ? this could be a nice addon to GG's editor (and other editors too).
andyboy_uk
On Master

Post by andyboy_uk »

what would it need to do, allow you to place bitmaps in a certain location and then save out the positions?
PadTheMad
Lo Master

Post by PadTheMad »

This dungeon is really good - the restrict runes feature of RTC does work well, if imlemented correctly and I think it has been in this dungeon. I've been progressing steadily for about 2 hours now but I don't know how far along I am and I won't post my location because of spoilers and all that but so far I'm enjoying it!
cowsmanaut
Moo Master

Post by cowsmanaut »

andy.. YES!. We talked breifly about this before. we need to get the size and offset for our images. if you had a pull down list or something of existing items to replace the graphics of too it would be good.. I might actually complete my newer wall set if something like this existed.

moo
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

exactly ! same thing for monsters bitmaps, objects.... well... everything ! first thing to do is to understand the placement rules relative to type/size of bitmaps. then, converting to txt file must be quite easy.
andyboy_uk
On Master

Post by andyboy_uk »

Let me see what I can put together tonight, getting the original item list and the offsets from the data files will be the hard bit for me and may need a bit of help there. The DAT files with RTC are not the same as the normal DM ones are they? Other wise I could use the ENCY guide to teh file.

However Im sure GG wont mind giving me a hand with specific queries, George?
andyboy_uk
On Master

Post by andyboy_uk »

Hehe, just opened the GRAPHICS.DAT in a hex editor. *Gulps* That looks complex.

George, can you lend me a hand here, how would I get out the name, graphic and offset of an object from the data files provided with RTC, or could you do an extract of the NAME and OFFSETS and I will get a list of graphics from the ENCY?

A
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

going off topic a bit, we should move this thread into RTC editor dev... and just keep the seven first posts and the eleventh here for the dungeon reviewers : btw are there people playing at it except Pad and Paul ? :)
andyboy_uk
On Master

Post by andyboy_uk »

I downloaded it and gave it a 10 minute go but then I had to go out, I will be having a well deserved night at home tonight where I will give it a proper test. :)

Will start a new thread for the graphic alignment tool.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

@Pad, please add your comment above to the original feedback thread and delete from here, now that I've split the topic (can't split in multiple places). Cheers.