RTC file

Use this forum to discuss additional RTC utilities (other dungeon editors, graphics generators etc).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Giradius
Apprentice

RTC file

Post by Giradius »

Hello folks

How do you open RTC files? do you need an extractor of some sort? I assume that they are archives where custom graphics and things are stored.

I want to open the data files that come with RTC so i can tinker with graphics.

Also, do bitmaps need to be a certain size, if so what are the sizes for monsters and wall/floor objects?
HELLO DAVE!
ian_scho
High Lord

Re: RTC file

Post by ian_scho »

You could always try the wiki. There must surely be a summary of how to import graphics using the editor in a forum thread somewhere. I recall a few people kindly sharing their graphics, for you to play with.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: RTC file

Post by beowuuf »

The .rtc files are, by decision, locked files to protect the dungeon layout and the graphics of the custom designer. If you want to rip out the existing graphics of DM/CSB, easiest to use ADGE and an original copy of the DM /CSB grahics.dat. You can see the file sizes by using the editor, and at the very least you ca screen capture individual graphics if that is all you want - you can maybe export too, I forget
Was unable to (permenantly) kill off ian_scho (Haynuus), Ameena, oh_brother (Westian), money (Falkor), raixel (Petal) and Lord_Bones (Aurek) in the DM D&D game Time's Champions!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THOSE WHO MADE THE GAME WHAT IT WAS - GREAT!