Creating New Wallsets

Use this forum to discuss additional RTC utilities (other dungeon editors, graphics generators etc).

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Ninja_Mage
Neophyte

Creating New Wallsets

Post by Ninja_Mage »

I downloaded "rtcwm" for my Windows 7 and the program itself worked, but the wall-sets it generated couldn't be used in the editor at all. So, I need help trying to make them; whether there is a new update I haven't heard of for "rtcwm", another good program to use, or I can download the spaceship themed wall-set from a website. Any answers at all would help.
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: Creating New Wallsets

Post by Gambit37 »

Hi there, welcome to the forum. :-)

What's the problem with the generated wallsets? You should be able to use them in RTC. You need to create each graphic, then export the TXT file and copy that TXT into your RTC file. Have you done all of that?
Seriously Unserious
Master Superior

Post by Seriously Unserious »

I did do a little work with rtcwm myself and, although it was a while ago, I do remember that rtcwm makes a set of bmp images for each graphic you will need for your custom wall set, if you are using rtcedit, then you will need to import each bmp file using the menu, Resurses -> Add / Replace Graphics, then select the button for adding a new bitmap. Next browse to the folder where you saved the bmp files rtcwm made and select the first image you want, and add it. Next you will need to create a custom wall set that uses this new graphic and place it in your dungeon (I'd recommend using a small test dungeon first and make sure the image is right and is positioned correctly. If you need to clean up the bitmap itself, you will then need to re-import it into the editor. If it doesn't look like it's in the right place, you may need to go back into Resourses -> Add / Replace Graphics and edit the graphic's offset settings until the placement looks right. You can look at the offset settings for the graphics of existing wallsets to get a good idea of what the x and y offsets should be for the wallset item you are working on. Repeat this process with every item you need to complete your wallset and all of them have been fully tested and look right. At least that's the process I followed to create a custom wall set for my custom dungeon.
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

As Gambit said, RTCWM exports a text file you can paste in your "dungeon.txt" source file (button "Generate RTC code"'), but don't forget to give a NAME to your wallset. This is WAYYYYY faster than importing images in RTC Editor ! Offsets are almost correct for bitmaps, you may need to adjust some of them a bit. I suggest also converting BMPs to PNGs too, to optimize the size of your RTC dungeon archive. Of course, you'll have to edit manually your dungeon.txt file.
With good training, you can obtain a working wallset in less than an hour.
"The only way out is another way in." Try Sukumvit's Labyrinth II