CSB strange behaviour of "random" items/Vexing Vex

Things in RTC that do not work as expected (compared to Dungeon Master) or at all! Please read previous posts carefully to see if the bug has already been reported.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Mister_Hack
Neophyte

CSB strange behaviour of "random" items/Vexing Vex

Post by Mister_Hack »

Hello!

I recently played CSB on RTC (with some slight modifications from myself...) again and noticed something strange. On level 7 are the 8 gigglers which should, after been released, start a shooter and (de)activate 8 teleportes to transport the goodies to various places in the dungeon.
After visiting some of the places, i noticed that i couldn´t find one of the items from the shooters at all!?
So, i went back to the original CSB.txt, added just two teleporters (from the prison to level 5 (22,27,5 local) and from level 7 (14,15,7 local) to level 2 (5,3,2 local)) and a starting character and went item-hunting. And i found all items... all the eight items were shooted to 5,3,2 local.
The real fascinating thing is the fact, that this behaviour is not at all predictable; in some cases no item showed up, but most of the time all 8 items were on this tile. Also sometimes after compiling, all seems to work correctly (no items at 5,3,2) and after restarting without compiling the mess started again (all items at 5,3,2).
On the other hand, the shooter seems to work fine most of the time in the Dragons Den; i added another teleporter from 4,3,2 local to 19,0,3 local and checked out, if the chests are spawned correctly. And they are, one chest per dragon. But i can remeber from another game, that this also was screwed up and all the three chests were shot to the upper right dragon on the map.
I don´t know if this is a real bug or just some screwing up from editing the original file (which would be strange, since i didn´t touch the area where all the "randomness" happens).

EDIT: I forgot to mention: I´m using RTC V0.49, but i checked with V0.45, which i found on my harddrive, and it showed the same behaviour.

EDIT 2: Okay, after fiddling with the editor and the original CSB textfile some more, i found, that the Tile/Pressure Plate on Level 7 where you will be teleported to (Junction of Ways) has a trigger that activates the above mentioned shooter 8 times! Also on this tile is a trigger that opens all the 8 pits with the 6 gigglers on top. Seems to me, that this layout is not so good, since some of the "randomness" gets lost by this and the shooter shoots all items at the last teleporter (the only one active all the time), except a giggler happens to trigger another teleporter first.

Another thing i found: On level 8 in the Vexing Vexirk Puzzle, there are three Vexirks hidden in the wall. But you can only get two of them to appear. The third one (local 0,0,8 ) won´t get teleprted anywhere, since his teleporter never gets activated. Is this behaviour normal?