[Not a bug] First time through DM RTC

Things in RTC that do not work as expected (compared to Dungeon Master) or at all! Please read previous posts carefully to see if the bug has already been reported.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Antman
DMwiki contributor

[Not a bug] First time through DM RTC

Post by Antman »

Just played a quickish game through DM on RTC and....it was great! Much better flow and game play than last time I played RTC, I think a lot of this is due to RTC now having a command queue. Anyway, I played through original DM but there were a few differences that have probably already been mentioned a thousand times or are features.

1. I couldn't find the skeleton key on level 07, not that I searched very hard but it wasn't in it's usual place by the fireball machine.

2. The wooden gold key locked door on level 01 can't be bashed.

3. You can't escape to the rest of the dungeon with the firestaff, but I guess this is stick to DM's original intentions. Just like I noticed you now need the magnifier for the 'enlargeg my view' riddle and not just any old random item.

There were a couple of others but forgotten them already...Must be time to play through some of the custom dungeons on RTC.
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

1. According to the editor, the key is into a chest in front of the launchers.
2. I 've just made successful test with Halk (bash). I know that a swing or a punch is not enough to bash the door.
3. I didn't know that you could use another item instead of the magnifier ! :shock:

A few suggestions for custom dungeons i played :
- Two Lovers : good story and puzzles.
- Escape 2 : easy but nice puzzles.
- Surgical Strike 2 : hard, long, very CSB.
- Dark Portal : definitely unclassified !
- Sukumvit 2 : because it's mine ;)
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

linflas wrote:3. I didn't know that you could use another item instead of the magnifier ! :shock:
Yes, a sloppy bug by FTL! This may be fixed in the very last version (the Psygnosis release), though not certain.
Mon Ful Ir
Adept

Post by Mon Ful Ir »

linflas wrote:- Escape 2 : easy but nice puzzles.
I shouldn't play Escape 2 quite yet. With any luck Escape 3 will be out by the time you've got to it.

I'm going through beefing up monsters. :)
Antman
DMwiki contributor

Post by Antman »

1. Yeah you're right....which is weird because I swear there were some random items in there when I got it, like a ful bomb and a blue magic box or something. Can gigglers move things around? I'm positive they key was not there anyway.

2. True, you're right as I only tried swing. I think swing worked in the original? It does in the CSBWin version anyway.

I think I've almost finish Surgical Strike now, or I might have stuffed my game and have to restart, but I'll probably get to another custom dungeon soon. But I'll make sure I don't get Escape 2.