DM1 and DM2 water containers incompatible

Things in RTC that do not work as expected (compared to Dungeon Master) or at all! Please read previous posts carefully to see if the bug has already been reported.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Trantor
Duke of Banville

DM1 and DM2 water containers incompatible

Post by Trantor »

Not sure if this is a bug or a suggestion, and I think it has been mentioned before as well, but here goes...

Right now, water containers of DM1 (flask, water) and DM2 (flask, bota) are incompatible. By that, I mean you can fill DM1 items only on DM1 fountains, while the same is true for DM2 items. It would be nice if I could fill my bota at a Medusa Fountain, or my DM1 flask at a DM2 fountain.
Broken_Paladin
Craftsman

Post by Broken_Paladin »

I don't know to much about rtc but i gave it a ran and looked at it. I duplicated the same error and couldn't find a fix in it via the editor, the items might be hard coded in the engine?
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

That's exactly why I posted this here Broken_Paladin, so GG could do something about the hard-coding - or whatever else produces this behaviour. :wink:
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

For the moment, can you layer the two types of fountain, cloned, with the same graphic so clicking a wall will get refilled either way?
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Actually, I just tried that Beo (thanks to the hint of a certain Dungeon Mistress), and it does indeed work. Now I also understand how Fountains are actually done in RTC, so I see that the water-drinking isn't hard-coded, and making them compatible to DM1 and DM2 items doesn't quite work right now. Oh well, I can achieve what I wanted to do, so everything's fine. Thanks! :D
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

is it just an item swapper?
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

Yes, and there are only 8 slots reserved for converting. A flask needs one, a waterskin a total of three, and the direct-drinking from the fountain also needs to be there. So you would need a total of 9 slots for converting... Well, it's not a really big issue anyway, and the desired effect can be achieved.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

I suppse the above is easiest, but could you do it with the wall object simply being a clickable switch, leading to a set of relays that activate convert-to actions for any permutations you wish?
linflas
My other avatar is gay

Post by linflas »

why do you need to have DM and DM2 flasks/potions at the same time ? Same for fountains : i would clone the needed ones to be suitable with the containers.
Trantor
Duke of Banville

Post by Trantor »

linflas: My problem was that I didn't understand how fountains actually work. I assumed the water-drinking and filling would be sort of hardcoded. Only when Sophia and Beo told me to look into the "convert"-menu did I actually understand how fountains work. Now, I'll just follow your advice. :wink: