Sound Errors

Things in RTC that do not work as expected (compared to Dungeon Master) or at all! Please read previous posts carefully to see if the bug has already been reported.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Lord_BoNes
Jack of all trades

Sound Errors

Post by Lord_BoNes »

When using a cloned "FLOORITEM_SOUND_LOCALISED", using an OBJECT_ACTIVATE action to trigger it (whether single or multiple times) the sound remains playing at its current volume, when the party moves away from the sound object.

The bug is random in nature, it doesn't always happen.

My suggested fix would be to update ALL playing sound volumes & panning whenever the party moves/turns (including the same object producing multiple sounds)... I know that this may not be the most memory effective way of doing it, but from what I can tell, it'd be the most effective.

Thanx in advance.

1 death is a tragedy,
10,000,000 deaths is a statistic.
- Joseph Stalin

Check out my Return to Chaos dungeon launcher
And my Dungeon Master Clone
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Re: Sound Errors

Post by Gambit37 »

There are actually a lot of other issues with SOUND_LOCALISED:

1) Multiple copies of the same sound placed close together (for example all over a flowing river) will cause extreme volume changes and/or total sound cut-outs.
2) A sound placed directly on or behind a door tile have their volume lowered much too much; especially weird if the door is a portcullis and not solid!
3) There's no way of specifying a radius for where you want a sound to be heard -- so you have to do this in pre-production by setting the volume level of the sound file. This can cause problems with #2 above.