Invisibility

Things in RTC that do not work as expected (compared to Dungeon Master) or at all! Please read previous posts carefully to see if the bug has already been reported.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Zed5Duke
Um Master

Invisibility

Post by Zed5Duke »

Monsters attack me when invisibility is turned on (team shade) what is supposed to work?
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Re: Invisibility

Post by beowuuf »

Invisibility doens't stop a monster that knows where you are from hitting you. I recall getting hit by knights when walking right passed them. It should stop monsters from coming over to where you are, but I think walking right passed them is iffy.

Also, it has such a short duration sometimes it ends before you expect.
Zed5Duke
Um Master

Post by Zed5Duke »

Am tell you its something wrong. I made test character which have invisibility almost constantly turn on, only one change was shade team but monster chase me and attack like normaly see me.

I tryed make invisibility as skill for thief (who is able to hide in shadow) and now i must change concept.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

It could well be wrong, as it is is little used maybe its not been spotted until now. What monster though? I think worms use tremorsense, for example
Zed5Duke
Um Master

Post by Zed5Duke »

Tested on trolin, mummy, skeleton, they all chase me
Worm have very small view range, so they can ignore player even without spells
Darkness dont decrease monsters view range (but i think it should)
Am also not sure how "calm" work, i see no effect when use it
But confuse and scare seem to be ok (am wonder what is difference between them)
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

Well, this being a big dark dungeon, I think all the monsters probably live in the dark anyway, so would surely have some way to find their way around - realistically, if the dungeon is completely dark until a party comes along with some kind of light, the monsters should either have no eyes or useless/degraded eyes from living in the dark like that for so long, and then (at least, those with any kind of eyesight) be blinded when someone comes along waving a torch about or lobbing fireballs down a corridor ;). Were the wall torches to be already lit then yeah, you'd expect at least some monsters to be making use of them :).
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Calm is a fear effect as far as I knew, so I would expect it to work more. You should be able to make Lord Chaos himself run from you, if use use it with enough levels.

It could well be a set of bugs in RTC then :(
Jan
Mighty Pirate

Post by Jan »

Meh. All things like invisibility, darkness or calm are pretty useless. Who would bother to use them? Cold steel and warm fireballs I say! :)
Ameena wrote: realistically, if the dungeon is completely dark until a party comes along with some kind of light, the monsters should either have no eyes or useless/degraded eyes from living in the dark like that for so long, and then (at least, those with any kind of eyesight) be blinded when someone comes along waving a torch about or lobbing fireballs down a corridor
Wait a minute! Wait a minute! Are you saying that DM is not fully realistic!?! Oh no, I've lived in a lie for for 20 years! Oh no! NOOO! *runs away crying* :shock: :( :roll: :wink:
Finally playing and immensely enjoying the awesome Thimbleweed Park-a-reno!
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

calm is probably the weakest "make monster run away" attack. I think it works on Trolins, or should work with them.(low level monsters)
beo is right in mentioning the priest level, it has to be high enough for the effect to carry over.
(horn of fear/blow horn is also a fear - attack.. but I think it is a little less effective than brandish, and definitely more than calm
Have you tested Horn of fear?

Confuse or was it brandish is an attack you get at the end of the game and it is quite powerful.
anyways this probably is all useless info, since it really is a wild guess and memory plays tricks(like lord chaos). Furthermore this is RTC. Kind of an alternate DM Universe; some things work differently.
Ameena
Wordweaver, Murafu Maker

Post by Ameena »

I know you definitely get "Brandish" on the Staff of Claws (level 5). I'm not sure what grants "Confuse". It's not he Mace of Order, is it?
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

puh. You probably mean level 6? ;) Mace of Order is out!

So brandish it maybe is not the strongest fear attack out there. Staff of Manar has it not, I think but the Snakestaff does.
amyways I think confuse is only available by hacking on the conduit or maybe we should look it up at the csb-ency.
oh well:
http://dmweb.free.fr/?q=node/259
Staff of claws has the brandish attack, and also confuse but it gives too little mana, therefore I end up using snakestaff and staff of manar.
But Staff of Manar is only good for the mana bonus, nothing else, really.(actions suck big time)
Might be the better solution to equip the staff of claws for the second mage...
Zed5Duke
Um Master

Post by Zed5Duke »

Invisibility allows you to sneak unnoticed. Expires if you attack.

When am attack team is still shade, but skill dont work even on strongest rune and magic experience.

But invisibility monster work, i can make monsters to be invisible for me. This is strong transparency hard to see them. Unless why i would want to cast it? Maybe monster can cast it on them to disappear? Probably it could be ok for assassin monsters.
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

in ad&D there was a spell improved invisibility (eye of the beholder2?)
You could attack and stay invisible, hard to find spell really. But it had still short duration..
Zed5Duke
Um Master

Post by Zed5Duke »

I have theory about "Holes in RTC" everything seem to be copied from DM1 and DM2 but it could be something which is there and not work. For example its like copy entire house, and there is kitchen with something look like fridge, but its from wood and dont freeze.