[RTC 0.49] game crashing, saved game corrupted

Things in RTC that do not work as expected (compared to Dungeon Master) or at all! Please read previous posts carefully to see if the bug has already been reported.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
garm
Neophyte

[RTC 0.49] game crashing, saved game corrupted

Post by garm »

first of all, hello everyone and thank you dear creator of RTC for that amazing gaming experience.

Well, I am close to the end of RTC now after a few days of FUN, I just retrieved the firestaff, (and have -had?- cleared all the way to the stairs, I was going back on to the Turquoise doors to check the wonders in there, so I saved right in front the 4th door (counting from the entrance to level 7) then I open it and check that sword and chainmail...I was not that impressed so I decided to go to another door, I fireballed myself (in fact a wall inside that 4th room to get access to the "restart from last save" option and it appears that my save got corrupted, too bad my other save slot is way outdated (over 3 hours).

here is the log when I try to load that save: (tried 3 times, same result every time, save got corrupted somehow...)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RTC (V0.49) Diagnostic file - Sun Aug 11 16:27:36 2013

Error:
an access violation exception.

Stack Dump:
RTC.RTC_DeInit();
RTC.DisplayTerminalError(string "Critical Error - Terminating Program\n\nDimensions invalid for tile:\n@µM\nGiven 64,58\nShould be 112,58?");
RTC.TerminalError(int 9, string "CRITICAL ERROR - TERMINATING PROGRAM\\\\DIMENSIONS INVALID FOR TILE:\\@µM\\GIVEN 64,58\\SHOULD BE 112,58?\\\\\\ATTEMPTING TO TERMINATE IN 0 SECONDS");
RTC.LoadTileFromMemory(int -1, int 19542, pointer 0x089142EC);
RTCData.LoadTileFromMemory(int -1, int 19542, pointer 0x089142EC, int 64, int 58, int 0, int -24, int 64, int 58, bool FALSE);
RTCModule.RFMP();
RTCModule.DIOLP();
RTC.LD();
RTC.ProgStateLoading();
RTC.DoFrame(int 111);
RTC.WinMain();
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I doubt there is a way to fix it, but I hope that bug (if it is one) can be corrected in the future.