XYZ POSITION

Things in RTC that do not work as expected (compared to Dungeon Master) or at all! Please read previous posts carefully to see if the bug has already been reported.

Moderator: George Gilbert

Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

XYZ POSITION

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

I am not sure if this has been posted yet, but I was fooling around with the directions X,Y,Z with the relays. I discovered that X was malfunctioning, It was off by +10. Thought of why this could be and it puzzled me, but then remembered that I moved the position of the levels and it could have been the value of +10. Y works, Z works, so it might be that Z has not been programmed to adjust for the change in level position. Does anyone else have had this problem? or is it possible that there is an extra zero?
keep your gor coin handy
Saumun
High Lord

Re: XYZ POSITION

Post by Saumun »

CS... I have never used the XYZ positions in RTC relays. Could you elaborate on what you are doing with them?
“Grynix Ernum Quey Ki Skebow Rednim U Os Dey Wefna Enocarn Aquantana” - Anon
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

I was testing all the abilities of the relays which was long overdue and was trying to get the co-ordinates correct, If the party was on level 0(Z) and the position was say 10(X) and 10(Y) when the party is in that location the relay should function, Y worked, Z worked, but X did not, so I used the greater than less than options to find where X was, it was +10 away, so it turned out to be value X 20, Y 10, Z 0, and it all worked. I can use it but it seems there is an extra 10 tiles on the X. Actually I checked out and used most of the functions yesterday, it comes with having time to have a glass of wine and play with the editor. There is so much to know about it that I doubt anyone has really used them all.

I tried using NOR and XOR and I have no clue how to get them to work. I looked them up and understand their function but it does not appear that they work. Does anyone know or have tried using them? I have to say thanks about learning the loop termination, that will come in handy. I never understood much of the relay because it never seemed it was needed.

mana
mana max

I understand it now, mana is <, and mana max is >, so by knowing this I'll have to back track my work and improve some areas where I had difficulty getting the desired results.

Let's talk about relays please.
keep your gor coin handy
Paul Stevens
CSBwin Guru

Post by Paul Stevens »

I know nothing of RTC. But....

In the original DM, each level had an x-offset and a
y-offset. So that levels could be moved relative to
each other. So that two levels did not have to be
directly lined up with each other. There was often
confusion therefore about absolute versus relative
coordinates.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Exactly Paul, I moved level 0 some tiles, not sure how many but my guess it is that I started with 32x32, then adjusted it to 60x60. So I doubt it is from that movement but it is possible. The numbers don't add up. If X was not working it should read it would be +28 higher ,so a X10 Y10 Z0 would now be X38 Y10 Z0, but that is not the case, it is instead X20 Y10 Z0. It may be there is a difference of 10, an error or bug that GG should fix.
keep your gor coin handy
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

I must admit that i have never used these functions (NOR, XOR, etc...) in the editor (never had the need to). I did some work with PLCs when i was younger, and so have a very basic understanding of logic gates. If i have time, i may have a play around and see what they could be useful for.

I have also never tried messing with offset coordinates.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

I tried a lot of combinations using all the operations, AND, and OR work for me so far. If you look them up the logic of NOR and XOR etc makes perfect sense, but how do they work with RTC relays is something that eludes me. Wish I knew, could very well project the possibilities within by simplifying programming. Got the feeling that the editor is far more useful than it appears. Not into Math that much, Physics and Chemistry I took in school for 3 years, that was eons ago, I mean decades :lol:

Yeah, play with it, could benefit everyone.

offset, not what I did. Increased the size from 32x32 to 60x60, then shifted over to make room to the left and top, sorta moved it to the middle. Did not use the offset but when you think about it it is pretty much the same, just have to move all the levels the same amount.

So far have tested most of the triggers in the relays and found their values but not all of them. Probably have a few hundred questions to be answered so I hope you're into the discussion, maybe someone might jump in and tell us. Somebody knows, like George. Why he has ignored this program upsets me to no end. Positive he could turn that engine into something far better than what it is. If he could create a 3D version it is guaranteed he would not be disappointed! If only to take AI to a new level, certainly would do my best to make him proud.
keep your gor coin handy
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

I think it could be hard to find something that is so specific in RTC that it would require a command such as XOR. As i say, i have used these commends before (we're talking over 20 years ago though), as they're all logic gate functions in PLCs. I just can't think where anything other than AND and OR would be needed, but if you come up with something i would certainly be interested.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Oh, I am positive that there is a use for them. NOR, neither or, would be very useful, NAND, neither and, would also be very useful. If only we could get them to work.
keep your gor coin handy
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Was there a use or is the option functional?
keep your gor coin handy
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

I have still never tried them.
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

Have a look, see if it works. If there is a purpose for them, we'll make good use of them. It may just make the dungeons smaller by removing a lot of mechanics that would do the same thing. Poke at it, see what you can do.
keep your gor coin handy
Saumun
High Lord

Post by Saumun »

It may well do... Just haven't had cause to use them thus far. Presumably with AND and NAND, etc... you'd need another relay as the trigger since you'd need the first relay to set up both conditions. ie... If 'condition 1' AND 'condition 2' --> go to next relay to act as THEN.
Multiple conditions in a single relay would have been nice, but hey ho.... Nothing we can do about it!
Chaos-Shaman
High Lord

Post by Chaos-Shaman »

I thought I tried that already. Set up a bunch of relays with all the functions and used AND to join them and could not get the NAND or NOR to function with it, looked up multiple definitions. Might have missed something. Have a whirl and see what you can do. Get this to work, as you said, it's for more complex programming, it could help keep mechanics from getting to busy.
keep your gor coin handy