Impossible

Talk about the lesser known games "Theron's Quest" and "Dungeon Master Nexus".
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Antman
DMwiki contributor

Impossible

Post by Antman »

In "Ak-tu-ba" at 02,11,05 the puzzle is impossible. Because you can only use the keyboard to play the game you can't move fast enough to hit the 1st switch, move the mouse and click turn, flick the second switch, then move the mouse and get past the doors before they close. It is impossible, could someone lend me some help?
Thanks Antman
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Re: Impossible

Post by ChristopheF »

I also stumbled upon this puzzle, but it's not impossible :)

The trick is to use the keyboard to move in the dungeon. With some training, you'll find it's faster than the mouse.
To move in the dungeon with the keyboard, use the arrow keys while pressing the CTRL key.
sucinum
Pal Master

Post by sucinum »

what did i miss? how did u get tq to run on a pc??
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Post by ChristopheF »

Amber, look at the Games Setup Guide, emulation is great!
sucinum
Pal Master

Post by sucinum »

hmmm^^
the last time i used an emulator, i needed weeks to get the game working...but ill have a try. where can i dl all i need, thats tq+emu (i think) ?
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Post by ChristopheF »

I repeat: look at the Games Setup Guide!!
Alain

Post by Alain »

moi aussi, j'arrive pas a faire tourner Theron's quest sur XP
je crée bien une image avec DAEMON TOOLS mais je reste figé sur la page Theron's Quest Dungeon Master et rien ne démarre...
bah, tant pis, c cool quand même...
merci
Alain
Antman
DMwiki contributor

Post by Antman »

Wait a sec, I did'nt think you could use the keyboard. I was using only the mouse making it impossible. How do you use the keyboard?
Jake

Post by Jake »

Oh ok i have a problem, its with the compression, i went to get the winrar or whatever, but for some reason it doesnt work or i dont knwo how to use it,I have a pc using windows 98, oh ok when i download the game any on this site, winzip pops up saying i need to compress the file or what not, How do i do thgis, or how do i make a new file or put the files in a exsisting one!? Thast my problem, impossible for me to play!
Sorry, and thank you for your time!!
Antman
DMwiki contributor

Post by Antman »

You need to use WinRAR, I didn't have it either but I found it on a site somewhere when I was seaching for it. Nobody ever told how use the keyboard so I still haven't got past that puzzle..........
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Post by ChristopheF »

Antman, I answered your question in my first post in this thread!
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Christophe
How did you get the keys to work in the emulator? I'm using Magic Engine and I've tried everything to be able to move using the arrow keys but I can't. I've even tried hunting through the config file but nothing seems to work. Are you sing the full version of Magic Engine or a different emulator?
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Post by ChristopheF »

To move in the dungeon with the keyboard, use the arrow keys while pressing the CTRL key
I used a full version of Magic Engine, but I don't this it is different with the shareware version. You'll have to check.
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Hi Christophe

Damn. They are different. You definitely can't use the arrow keys on the unregistered version. Bugger. :(
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Doh.

It's working now. :) The problem was I didn't realise that you was using the default configuration in the options. I had already configured my sidewinder joypad for use with Magic Engine and thought that the keyboard was independant of the joypad options. When I reverted to the default configuration I realised what was going on. All I had to do was to hold down one of the joypad buttons and use the directional pad at the same time. :P

Now that's sorted I'm onto The Tomb of Sarmon. :)
I'll just say that I totally loved the puzzles on Level 3 of The city of Formicia. Some of the best puzzles I've seen in DM. It was very rewarding to figure them out. Some of the best uses of the Teleporters I've seen in a Dungeon Master game. Great stuff.
Lee
Artisan

Post by Lee »

ChristopheF wrote:I also stumbled upon this puzzle, but it's not impossible :)

The trick is to use the keyboard to move in the dungeon. With some training, you'll find it's faster than the mouse.
To move in the dungeon with the keyboard, use the arrow keys while pressing the CTRL key.
I just had to sign-up to the forum to post the following lol.

As many others have done, I was playing Theron's Quest on MagicEngine and got to the puzzle in question. Now, already I was finding it annoying having to use the keyboard for everything, yearning for the mouse to be active, so naturally this threw me off completely. I came here and read your solution, so I happily went back to try it but whatever I did I just couldn't get the whole CTRL deal to do anything. Frustration = High.

But for the record (just in case it hasn't been noted before), it's not impossible to complete the puzzle WITHOUT holding the CTRL and arrow keys to move. It just takes all the patience in the World and a helluva lot of precision (luck helps too). Because after about the 34230702347th try, I did it! :D

I know it will probably seem like a worthless 1st post, but man that was satisfying lol.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

LOL, you can post as a guest, but thanks for going to the extra trouble and welcome! Glad you got something from it too : ) I'm scared at your perserverence though in the puzzle!
Lee
Artisan

Post by Lee »

It was tiring and mentally draining that's for sure!

Now I've just gotta figure out why one of my characters (Lanos? The Linflas clone) has his carrying weight at 99.9KG for no apparant reason (limit = 54KG) :-s

Post by Guest »

Hello the method to support on "CTRL" to pass does not function at home if a person could give me a safeguard for the emulator "magic engine" right after the 2 door that will be royal... My address... ppelux@wanadoo.fr I speak English with google forgiveness... lol

Salut La méthode appuyer sur "CTRL" pour passer ne fonctionne pas chez moi si une personne pouvait me donner une sauvegarde pour l'émulateur "magic engine" juste après les 2 porte cela serai royale... Mon adresse ... ppelux@wanadoo.fr je parle anglais avec google pardon... lol

Return to “Theron's Quest (TQ) & Dungeon Master Nexus (DMN)”