Burning Theron's Quest to CD

Talk about the lesser known games "Theron's Quest" and "Dungeon Master Nexus".
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Steve B

Burning Theron's Quest to CD

Post by Steve B »

I've downloaded the BIN and QUE files for Theron's Quest off this site and I've tried a couple of times to burn the damn thing to a CD using Nero CD writing software. I've used the QUE file to write the data but it doesn't seem to want to work properly. I think it might be something to do with the audio data in the BIN file. Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Re: Burning Theron's Quest to CD

Post by ChristopheF »

I never tried to burn the game to CD.
The BIN/CUE format is not the native Nero image format, so you may have more success by using CDRWin.
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Ok Cheers. I'll give it a try and let ya know how I get on.
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Ok I managed to get it working by using the Superb Daemon Tools. :)
I'd still like to burn it to a CD though. Is there any other CD Writing programs you know of? One that's free would be nice. :)
It's a pity the emulator freezes the game after five minutes. I keep forgetting to save the game and reload it. I'll have to buy the full version when I get the cash.
The emulation seems perfect though. Although I did have a problem with the intro sequence. After about 3 minutes it seemed to freeze and lock up. It got to the part where Theron won't be accepted as a man because he can't go to the coming of age ritual and then the music dies down and it freezes. No buttons seem to work. The emualtor doesn't freeze it's the game. The emulator still works fine. Has anyone had this problem or is it just me? BTW This problem is NOT due to the 5 minute limit on the emuator. It freezes/locks up BEFORE the 5 minute limit has expired. Strange.
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

Doh. After all that ranting I tried it again and it worked. Wierd. :)
Steve B

Post by Steve B »

I finally managed to burn the game to a CD. I used the superb Alcohol 120% CD Writing Software:

http://www.alcohol-software.com/
Blutch
Novice

Post by Blutch »

You can burn theron's quest with nero and rw.
In fact you must click on "file" then "Burn image" then choice "all files" ans your file TQ.cue.
Click on burn and choice disc-at-once/96. and let's go to burn....
i try it on rw with magicengine it is ok.

Return to “Theron's Quest (TQ) & Dungeon Master Nexus (DMN)”