no mouse and a rubnning down time in therions quest

Talk about the lesser known games "Theron's Quest" and "Dungeon Master Nexus".
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
blieb

no mouse and a rubnning down time in therions quest

Post by blieb »

i have installed and run tq for pc with the emulator and i can not use the mouse!
i see also a time clock who is countind to zero
with this engine i can only make a party and collect some trhings and i was running out of time!
is it possible to use a mouse here??
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Post by ChristopheF »

TQ is a PC-Engine game, and that console did not have any mouse. So you have to use the keyuboard to play the game.

The countdown is because you are using the limited shareware version of MagicEngine. You have to register it to remove the time limit.
blieb

Post by blieb »

using the keaboard gives problems with the time puzzles
i must open 2 doors in a quick time and i have only 3 seconds to pass the 2 doors!
sucinum
Pal Master

Post by sucinum »

maybe paul wants to convert this to pc, too, after he is done with csbwin ;)
*ducks and runs*
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

See this page for tips on how to pass these puzzles in Theron's Quest:

http://dmweb.free.fr/TQTipsAndTricks.htm

Post by Guest »

thanls, only i cant remove the time limit, becouse i live in holland and i have no credit card!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

If you register, you can send me a private message and I'll sort something out for you.
sucinum
Pal Master

Post by sucinum »

wouldn't it be easier to convert the dungeon to csbwin instead of having to download loads of stuff and registering an emulator? i'd like to play theron's quest, too, but those 2 obstacles always made me give up this plan.
does it have features which can't be converted to csbwin, even not with dsa and stuff?
blieb

Post by blieb »

and i have here the second obstacle in the second dungeon.
you must throw a item trough a blue field, together with a step aside. and with control arrows, you can only forward backward and turn left and right! i ve been out of time now for the field....
blieb

Post by blieb »

Gambit wrote:If you register, you can send me a private message and I'll sort something out for you.
its not a problem for me to load the last safe again evry 5 minutes. it gave the game just a special touch!
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

That's strange -- I posted a reply the other day about all the extra stuff in Theron's Quest that would be missing if converted to CSBWIN -- did anyone see it? Maybe I forgot to press submit!

Anyway, here's what would be missing:

1) Full animated intro with CD Audio background story
2) CD Audio plays throughout the game
3) Maps and intro graphics to each mission.

If we could extract data from the PCE disk, it might be possible to convert the maps to CSBWIN assuming they are in a similar format. However, I don't think there any tools that can do this -- at laeast, I've never found anything.
beowuuf
Archmastiff

Post by beowuuf »

Yeah, i've had a moment or two (but only that) where I'm sure i've submitted something yet later it doens't seem to be around...strange. Maybe we just can't press submit : )
sucinum
Pal Master

Post by sucinum »

you (or me) could also convert the maps manually of course...
it would be possible to make a floortext like "and now open intro4.jpg" or such. of course not the same flair, but compared to save, exit and restart every 5 minutes...
zoom
Grand Master

Post by zoom »

Intermission::::::::::
THere are times when i cannot connect to this site. Dunno, if that is the same origin as the vanished posts.. normally at around 12 or 2 o´clock pm. CET
Sphenx
On Master

Post by Sphenx »

Well, well. I see no problem playing converted maps of Theron's Quest within CSBWin. But Gambit is right: you miss musics and original animation. Oops... Forget manual conversion, you'll get them soon...
Zyx
DSA Master

Post by Zyx »

>Forget manual conversion, you'll get them soon...
Cool!
Theron
Neophyte

Post by Theron »

The PC Engine is a Japanese console from NEC. Better known in the States as the TurboGrafx. Anyway, you're supposed to play it with a pad in order to get any kind of efficiency. Keyboard is out of question. If you can't shed a few bucks for the best PC Engine emulator there is, you still can resort on Yame, Hu-Go or PC2E. The sooner is the best freeware but it's dead; the latter has the strongest potential.

Btw, the PC Engine has a mouse. It's just not used in that particular game. Regarding a CSBWin conversion, it's certainly possible to at least access the content of the disc (despite being non-standard ISO). That's what the ScummVM devteam has been doing in order to support the PCE version of Loom.

[Edit] Good to see it's been done already.

Return to “Theron's Quest (TQ) & Dungeon Master Nexus (DMN)”