Need help please with Dungeon Master Nexus files

Talk about the lesser known games "Theron's Quest" and "Dungeon Master Nexus".
This forum may contain spoilers.
Forum rules
Please read the Forum rules and policies before posting.
Syd

Need help please with Dungeon Master Nexus files

Post by Syd »

Hi there i got the files i needed from the ed2k link ok for nexus but when i unzip the rar theres two more rars inside its says theres nothing in the rar with the iso but i can unrar the cue file ok ive tried redownloading the rar countless many time what am i doing wrong

Thanks syd

Re: Need help please with Dungeon Master Nexus files

Post by Guest »

Syd wrote:Hi there i got the files i needed from the ed2k link ok for nexus but when i unzip the rar theres two more rars inside its says theres nothing in the rar with the iso but i can unrar the cue file ok ive tried redownloading the rar countless many time what am i doing wrong

Thanks syd
:) :arrow:

maybe your unzip tool is wrong.
have you tried another one?
Gambit37
Should eat more pies

Post by Gambit37 »

Contents of ISOs won't show up in WinRAR -- as long as the file is very large (I can't remember the size offhand), it should be OK.
Tom Hatfield
Ee Master

Post by Tom Hatfield »

Two more rars? Are you talking about the CUE and ISO? The ISO is a CD-ROM image; it's not an archive. The CUE is a plain-text CD-ROM TOC descriptor. You need to unpack both of those and then either burn or mount the CUE. Daemon Tools is the best utility for mounting disc images, but there are quite a few out there. (I use Alcohol 120 only for burning.)
ChristopheF
Encyclopedist

Post by ChristopheF »

WinRAR IS able to open ISO files and extract their contents, as if it was another type of archive. I think syd might have been confused because WinRAR might be associated with ISO files on his system so the ISO CD image looked like another RAR archive to uncompress (with the WinRAR icon).
But in order to play the game, the ISO file must be left intact and not extracted.
Tom Hatfield
Ee Master

Post by Tom Hatfield »

Yes, I know. That's what I wrote before, but then I changed it because I didn't want to confuse anyone.

Return to “Theron's Quest (TQ) & Dungeon Master Nexus (DMN)”